• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If a Metroid Bounty Hunter HAD to be in...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dislike that people want Dark Samus in Brawl. She would be a clone and not unique in any way. Sakurai can just add her as a costume change, since most characters are getting a "Dark suit."
1) ur a n00b for saying that
2) Dark samus aint an alt. proven by E for all players
3) thats like saying luigi should be an alt. costume of mario... just because theyre similair doesnt mean they'll be a clone, I mean look at Ike/marth/link, and samus's dark suit is, in fact, the dark suit/phazon suit, not dark samus...

dark samus is so diferent to samus, the only similarity is the physical look, and part of there names... thats IT... go to the dark samus thread and read the 1st post...

also sylux ftw...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah... why?
Sylux is a cool character, and had a bigger role in hunters than the rest, and it seems he'll still be apart of the metroid series...

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Holy crap, if a hunter could be in... Who doesn't like Sylux?

I would think Trace would be in, since he is the most played as in the game, but personally, I would love to see Spire or Noxus. Or Kanden LOL.

Off topic, but does anyone know someone that can make sigs for me?

antimatter

Smash Lord
it doesn't matter. my mind was playing a trick on me. and i agree with you 200%.
edit: since you like sylux you can copy and paste my link.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U know antimatter u COULD put the image tags, so we can see it, and not just the link...

also Trace is the most played because of his brokeness, I mean u give a guy the most powerful weapon, which is a sniper, AND make him invisible while aiming, I mean cmon... and his alt. form does sick damage its ridicoulous...

antimatter

Smash Lord
nooooo, i cant. im unable to post pictures on my end. dont ask me why, cause i have no effing clue.

and i hate trace. the one thing i do to avoid getting hit in the arena head shot is by doing the sylux flying trick and going behind a pillar.

antimatter

Smash Lord
the fact this topic is still around makes me want to do fan fic for all of them. im working on sylux now, maybe they could be other projects.

courte

Smash Lord
4 for brawl is as i always say

samus is really all by her lonesome on that side of the law, so some help would b appreciasted--but polar opposites definetly need to be touched upon

Samus, Ridley, MP3 Take your pick idk/care, Sylux/Weavel(can't decide though i root for weavel; gotta rep the ever persistent space pirates) and in an additional debunk against the RIDLEY TOO BIG argument --Meta Ridley as a boss, once freed simply leaves?? how's that sound??

btw antimatter what's this galaxy

courte

Smash Lord
in the first post

WEAVEL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatur...Prime_3#Weavel
Possible Moves:
D-B Halfturret- Weavel's upper body walks around on it's hands while his lower body attacks at random. His moves will be gimped like an popo without Nana, at least his U-B will be.
Pros:
-Space Pirates are Samus' archenemy, and he's the only Space Pirate Character.
-Halfturret is nifty
Cons:.
-There aren't many original moves for him other than the halfturret.

he's got a blade!! plus if he's a space pirate you've got the entire history of space pirate behavior and battle patterns as resource material from metroid one til the one with the cows coming home. space pirates definetly have jumping on their strong points as well as jetpacks... and ******** backwards engineered technology :cough: doors... but i think weavel has the most potential as technically he has the longest history

Possible Moves List

A: Short Stab - Weavel stick his blade straight out
A,A: Stab Slice Combo: After Short Stab, twists arm and pulls back out at a sideways angle .
or
A: Phazon Wave - Standing fully erect weavel does a small glowing chop straight down
A,A,rep: Phazon Burn - Similar to Mewtwo's, Alternating between hand and cannon, Weavel lets out a continuous lateral cloud of dark damaging smog

F Tilt: Blade Smack - Does a wide spinning backfist, slapping the opponent with the backside of his blade
or
Spinning Chop: Spinning Flat chop infused with Phazon. Knockback on par with Zelda

D Tilt: Dark Flash - no startup lag with much lag afterwards slices his blade diagnolly to the ground then, a second paralell slice in the opposite direction. First hit is vacuum effect second hit trips character's feet.

U Tilt: Headbutt - ....headbutt

FSmash: Low Tackle - Weavel detaches only slightly from his legs and ends his knees slightly, when released he power slides forward propelled by his... robotness and does a brutal shoulder slam.
DSmash: Jet Spits - Weavel quickly kneels on the ground in front of him, first hit, then blast out from his feet behind him, second hit
USmash: Purge - A vertical shoulder ram. Weavel ejects his torso from his legs spinning slighly. No warning or sign before hand other than steam above his head while charing, similar to dk's. Slight startup lag

B: Charge/BattleHammer - Charges BattleHammer, which can be stored for later use, with larger size, field range upon impact and knockback. While charging, you can press tilt up or down to determine it's trajectory. Stored power can also be applied to hammer fist. Once fully charged it will only hold for a short time. In air it will only charge
F+B: Hammer Fist - Weavel stick out his arm cannon similar to Samus, but with no knockack. This is grab so if it connects you can send your opponent away.
A to burn; forward to unleash a close range battle hammer into your foes chest Backward for Charged Slice - Weavel spins around with his foe in hand pushes them away a bit, and as they stagger, he/she dashes forward and slices the opponent away
Up impales opponent over head then simply lies them limp on the ground.
D+B: Halfturret - Stored Battlehammer charges are unleashed in a fury of manyshort range shots. knockback is divided and you control the legs alone for a short amount of time as the run around and weavel floats in the air
Used in air, Weavel's legs drop while continuing to move in which direction it was moving with the same trajectory speed, spinning and raining death below for a short distance. 2 seconds either way
U+B: Leap of Faith - Legs are digitized and stored in torso as Weavel takes flight, his burners covering his backside, as he rams into whoever stands in his way. He boosts quickly at an angle and slowly hovers for a while, able to move left or right, about half as long as peach, after which he begins to decend slowly, picking up speed as time passes. Upon touch ground or a ledge again his legs will rematerialize..

Will work on this later

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's a toss up between Trace and Sylux. Sylux well lets face it looks like and IS Brawl material. I think he'd give Samus a run for her money.

And Trace, heh....it's just that his Imperialist weapon owns so freakin hard....harder than the runs!

antimatter

Smash Lord
hunters galaxy was a thread like this, only made due to teh fact that this thread wasnt used.

courte

Smash Lord
gotta question i never played hunters and i've never seen weavel in action

is his half turret... well i know the bottom part converts into a stationary turret but what about the top part does it walk on the hands?? if so i could see the design of the hands making sense-- or does it float around... if so they should be fingers or claws or something

any help would be appreciated

Shuma

Smash Hero
He walks on his hands. I think, since i haven't played the game either. Aniway, i think it would be between Silux and weavel, Silux because it seems nintendo has plans for him, and weavel because he has a crotch canon.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
If I absolutely had to choose a hunter it would be Sylux just because his role is the most important of any of the bounty hunters we have had introduced. Especially since it looks like he might have a major role in the next game.

I would much, much rather have Dark Samus over any of them though, and Ridley obviously. I wish people would stop calling her a clone when they have no idea what they are talking about, that is like saying Marth is a clone of Link because they both have swords.

courte

Smash Lord
weavel is a spice pirate you can't deny the history there, although i agree it seems as though nintendo has already made up it's mind as to which hunter they've chosen--perhaps they think ridley is enough

don't get me wrong is all his space dragon pirate general awesomeness but it's just not the same... it could be similar to this comparion[[just a scenario]]
Mario = Samus
Bowser = Ridley (He is most consistent in appearances)
Baby Bowser = Weavel
Koopa = Space Pirate

courte

Smash Lord
Sylux = Samus
Vaati = Link

A cool rival, and a decent character without being the lame clone archetype while still keeping a similar appearance.

Think about it, one of the most humanoid bounty hunters, with a morph form as confusing as Samus' own.
I support them both[WEAVEL!!], one more so than the other, but i'd be happy to see either of them in.

WTF if Kamden in, if a galactic trooper is in, he'd better be one of the good guys, even if he is the equivalent to the Toads and Hylians(Error). I like the MP2 versions best so far, because I haven't player MP3 and thus haven't seen that incarnation. :chuckle:

Top Bottom