• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Changes for Samus to become viable

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Because you would be changing your position in the air so it would be harder to track and attack you

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Because you would be changing your position in the air so it would be harder to track and attack you
How strong a B reverse is mostly depends on the air speed of the character using it. Samus's airspeed is poor so she wouldn't go far. Some of the more crazy ones (Brawl Lucas, SSB4 Diddy) are like that because the move itself adds momentum and things get weird.

B-reversing on Pit is useless for landing, and his airspeed isn't much worse then Samus's. (Samus is .95, Pit is .89, and even with Yoshi at 1.28 it isn't a big thing.)

Gypsy_Panic

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-7237-7012
Has anyone screwed around with the mii gunner yet? I've noticed mii gunner shares a few similarities with Samus' specials. The two that stuck out the most were it's tracking missiles and its bomb dispenser. The tracking missile ACTUALLY tracks. It's ubsurd. And the bomb dispenser detonates on contact. These are two things that Samus could desperately use.

Another fun little fact. Mii gunner has the same up smash as Samus and has the same issue with enemies falling through. I'm kinda led to believe that this is an intentional design flaw. With both mii gunner and Samus. Which leads me to believe that this will never be fixed.

I'm really hoping February is the month we and every other deserving characters finally gets the buffs we desperately need. Fingers crossed.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Has anyone screwed around with the mii gunner yet? I've noticed mii gunner shares a few similarities with Samus' specials. The two that stuck out the most were it's tracking missiles and its bomb dispenser. The tracking missile ACTUALLY tracks. It's ubsurd. And the bomb dispenser detonates on contact. These are two things that Samus could desperately use.

Another fun little fact. Mii gunner has the same up smash as Samus and has the same issue with enemies falling through. I'm kinda led to believe that this is an intentional design flaw. With both mii gunner and Samus. Which leads me to believe that this will never be fixed.

I'm really hoping February is the month we and every other deserving characters finally gets the buffs we desperately need. Fingers crossed.
For the missiles it's because Samus has a custom that tracks even better than Mii Gunner's. The latter's is a middle-of-the-pack variant. And as for the bombs, while it's still not instant, Slip Bomb explodes pretty darn quickly.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
For the missiles it's because Samus has a custom that tracks even better than Mii Gunner's. The latter's is a middle-of-the-pack variant. And as for the bombs, while it's still not instant, Slip Bomb explodes pretty darn quickly.
Slip bombs actually spike too. It would be awesome if the normal bombs did that.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Slip bombs actually spike too. It would be awesome if the normal bombs did that.
You can combo bomb into dair even off stage. The reduced aerial mobility on slip bomb is super terrible. You can combo slip bomb into apex screw attack on stage, which is cool.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
You can combo bomb into dair even off stage. The reduced aerial mobility on slip bomb is super terrible. You can combo slip bomb into apex screw attack on stage, which is cool.
I'm saying give us the spike ability without the drawback of the reduced air mobility :)

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
we have that White_Pointer White_Pointer , you just gotta get your Dair timing on point. having bombs do that much would be asking for too much. I dont want to see the character broken, I want it viable. you dont need those to make Samus viable.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
we have that White_Pointer White_Pointer , you just gotta get your Dair timing on point. having bombs do that much would be asking for too much. I dont want to see the character broken, I want it viable. you dont need those to make Samus viable.
I know I was being facetious more than anything. I know that having our bombs in the default form would be broken if they had an added spike ability.

Top Bottom