• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Will this set everything straight?

I will list those names mentioned by Nuttz as GREAT until I'm good enough to go Oos, then the standards will rise, until then I AM GOOD, if i'm not GOOD then there really is no piont in getting better since i have so many other things in my life that almost no one here can relate to.

My scale is different than yours, is that so hard for you to understand? Or is it really true everyone else has to SUCK until they consitantly four stock you?

Until any of you consistantly save about 1-2 lifes every week leave me the **** alone!

And yes I make excuses, I hate that! It's a bad habit of mine that I try to break, believe me it used to be so much worse. That second part is 50/50 though, half the time I actually do good and no one recodnizes it (yet you all piont out when I **** up), there is that other half where you **** up though (most of the time I'll make comments like "don't let me win like this" or "what's up with you today"). As for the not going serious, I WILL NEVER FREINDLY SERIOUS AGAINST YOU(specificly BC) UNLESS IT'S A TOURNY OR I CAN RESPECT YOU AS A PERSON

Clear?

emo is a better term for it by the way, cause BC doesn't try to paint himself to be god, he just tries to tear everyone else down either to his (personal, not skill) level or below to make himself feel atleast alittle better about who he is. (It's rude vocally analyze people like I just did and therefore will go no further unless pushed further)

QraQ

Smash Ace
Will this set everything straight?

I will list those names mentioned by Nuttz as GREAT until I'm good enough to go Oos, then the standards will rise, until then I AM GOOD, if i'm not GOOD then there really is no piont in getting better since i have so many other things in my life that almost no one here can relate to.

My scale is different than yours, is that so hard for you to understand? Or is it really true everyone else has to SUCK until they consitantly four stock you?

Until any of you consistantly save about 1-2 lifes every week leave me the **** alone!

And yes I make excuses, I hate that! It's a bad habit of mine that I try to break, believe me it used to be so much worse. That second part is 50/50 though, half the time I actually do good and no one recodnizes it (yet you all piont out when I **** up), there is that other half where you **** up though (most of the time I'll make comments like "don't let me win like this" or "what's up with you today"). As for the not going serious, I WILL NEVER FREINDLY SERIOUS AGAINST YOU(specificly BC) UNLESS IT'S A TOURNY OR I CAN RESPECT YOU AS A PERSON

Clear?

emo is a better term for it by the way, cause BC doesn't try to paint himself to be god, he just tries to tear everyone else down either to his (personal, not skill) level or below to make himself feel atleast alittle better about who he is. (It's rude vocally analyze people like I just did and therefore will go no further unless pushed further)
I didn't even read the arguement between you 2 and I know the jist of it.

BC: Emo, whine, and repeat

Kaleo: Annoying, sorry, and repeat

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
There isn't really a "good enough" to go OOS. Nobody is going to have very high expectations of you, and it will help you get better. I understand that you may have other things going on in your life, but at least you get to play against other people occasionally, and you should take every chance you can to try and get better.
Also, why can you not respect BC as a person? He talks ****, but that's true for quite a few people. If you can't tolerate that, then maybe competitive gaming isn't for you.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
JA....we need to play...

Kaleo said:
cause BC doesn't try to paint himself to be god
Kaleo....in the christian religon Jesus = god, so battlechrist = battlegod...

Kaleo said:
As for the not going serious, I WILL NEVER FREINDLY SERIOUS AGAINST YOU(specificly BC) UNLESS IT'S A TOURNY OR I CAN RESPECT YOU AS A PERSON

This is why you won't get better....BC is one of the best to pratice against....

Kaleo said:
You are a lifeguard...thats what you do....that has nothing to do with smash....I can say...."I have a kid, and until you realize how much it takes to raise a child...leave me alone and never talk siht"...I'm not saying its bad, because what you do is awesome, using your ability to swim to help people....but it has to do with nothing.

Brdy said:
mumra butt
I want to make love to your sig....

Kaleo said:
he just tries to tear everyone else down either to his (personal, not skill) level or below to make himself feel atleast alittle better about who he is
....on a competitive level, BC compares himself to good people in states on a relative scale of the .01%....He is one of the top in idaho, but he compares himself to top in other states, which why he says, "he's not that good"...thats bc...thats who he is...thats how he plays games....get used to it...If you don't like it...don't play him...(like he doesn't play me...cause my play style...)
I'm not trying to tear you down Kaleo...cause you have alot of potential...and alot of pratice time against decent people...

Qraq said:
I didn't even read the arguement between you 2 and I know the jist of it.

BC: Emo, whine, and repeat

Kaleo: Annoying, sorry, and repeat
yup...

well....i'm gonna go feed the geese....

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Dude i don't give a **** what you do on your free time it doesn't give you an excuse to call yourself good. What ****ing standard do you live by that lets someone who knows jack **** about a game is up in the good category for it? If you want to be called good then learn how to play. You are the most classic example of a noob in idaho. You can't do any Advanced Tactics, you make up excuses about everything, all you do in every match is stand in one spot and try to tilt or smash people out of their approach, and yet somehow it makes sense to you that you are good at this game. Just because you can beat your little scrub *** friends doesn't make you good.

PS- Sorry i almost forgot sometimes you dash attack or run back and forth grabbing.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but i kind of have to agree here. Im not even in the category to be called good because i can't combo very well, have sub mediocre inconsistent tech skill and strange mind games that rarely work. Kaleo im sorry but you the only thing i see that you are awesome at is your tilts but then marths tilts aren't too hard to use well either. I was kind of in your position last year where i just didn't have very much time at all to practice so its hard to even try to get all the tech stuff going but it will come sooner or later as long as you don't let the big guys scare you away with their big mouths.They thrive in the area of attacking people that say things without their complete knowledge on the subject thus it sounding funny or stupid and then go about pissing that person off. Its usually best to just not say much from my experience.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Tate! Where Have You Been!

Code:
            Rectangle srcRect = new Rectangle(0, 0, 2 * this.Width/ 3, 2* this.Width / 3);
             Rectangle dstRect = new Rectangle(0, 0, (2* this.Width / 3), (2* this.Height / 3));
          dstRect.Location = new Point((this.Width / 3) - 10, (this.Height / 3) - 10);
      e.Graphics.DrawImage(image, dstRect, srcRect, GraphicsUnit.Pixel);

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Dude i don't give a **** what you do on your free time it doesn't give you an excuse to call yourself good. What ****ing standard do you live by that lets someone who knows jack **** about a game is up in the good category for it? If you want to be called good then learn how to play. You are the most classic example of a noob in idaho. You can't do any Advanced Tactics, you make up excuses about everything, all you do in every match is stand in one spot and try to tilt or smash people out of their approach, and yet somehow it makes sense to you that you are good at this game. Just because you can beat your little scrub *** friends doesn't make you good.

PS- Sorry i almost forgot sometimes you dash attack or run back and forth grabbing.
that was probly the second most childish thing I've ever seen you do.... at least use up to date info, wait you can't cause you haven't played me sense I started caring about the game again, hmmmm.....

Nuttz, lifeguarding is only half of it, I've stopped 3 suicides in the last month....why do you guys think I text so much...my work never ends. (id perfer you don't play the parent card cause I have a great deal of respect for you, I already know that I don't know that kind of responsibility)

Qraq, you unfortunately summed it up quite accurately, I really would like to meet you and also see this mad skill everyones talking about!

Tate, I only take that **** for so long...It's been long enough.

I forget who said the competitive gaming thing, but does it really not click that I'm willing to put up a fight? Here I am standing up for myself and my growing (yet pathetic IN COMPARISON) skills, I'm not afraid of a fight, I need the challenge to find any joy in gaming.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
that was probly the second most childish thing I've ever seen you do.... at least use up to date info, wait you can't cause you haven't played me sense I started caring about the game again, hmmmm.....
Dude a week isn't going to do ****

Nuttz, lifeguarding is only half of it, I've stopped 3 suicides in the last month....why do you guys think I text so much...my work never ends. (id perfer you don't play the parent card cause I have a great deal of respect for you, I already know that I don't know that kind of responsibility)
Once again no one gives a ****, stop making excuses for why you're bad at this game.

Tate, I only take that **** for so long...It's been long enough.
No one would have to give you **** if you would realize you need to get better before you start talking so highly about yourself

I forget who said the competitive gaming thing, but does it really not click that I'm willing to put up a fight? Here I am standing up for myself and my growing (yet pathetic IN COMPARISON) skills, I'm not afraid of a fight, I need the challenge to find any joy in gaming.
Then why do you always say you don't try against the people better than you. If you don't try you wont get better funny how that works

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Dude a week isn't going to do ****

Once again no one gives a ****, stop making excuses for why you're bad at this game.

No one would have to give you **** if you would realize you need to get better before you start talking so highly about yourself

Then why do you always say you don't try against the people better than you. If you don't try you wont get better funny how that works
1. what happened to "just alittle pracitce every day." I've had more than alittle each day.
2. Well to bad if you take that as an excuse, it wasn't meant to be, i was trying to explain just how insignifigant gaming should be in my life and yet I've come this far.
3. When was I talking highly of myself? When I said i'm good? "good" from me doesn't mean anything, we've established that, I just say it cause in comparison to 98% of the people I play I'm great (which is sad), and it keeps me just high enough to want to get better, anything less than good and there's no piont.
3.I do try against people better than me, just not you. Im obviously not worthy of your presence, even if I win you'll start to say how bad you're doing (Seth's about a month ago when I comboed your CF with my recently decided number two yoshi. And yes I know i didn't finish it with a ko, big woop I still landed about 80% with consecutive hits with a character I still can barely play)

This has already gotten way old, can we just agree that the the differance between M2K and you is equivialnt to the differance between you and me? And of course we don't like eachother

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
1. what happened to "just alittle pracitce every day." I've had more than alittle each day.
2. Well to bad if you take that as an excuse, it wasn't meant to be, i was trying to explain just how insignifigant gaming should be in my life and yet I've come this far.
3. When was I talking highly of myself? When I said i'm good? "good" from me doesn't mean anything, we've established that, I just say it cause in comparison to 98% of the people I play I'm great (which is sad), and it keeps me just high enough to want to get better, anything less than good and there's no piont.
3.I do try against people better than me, just not you. Im obviously not worthy of your presence, even if I win you'll start to say how bad you're doing (Seth's about a month ago when I comboed your CF with my recently decided number two yoshi. And yes I know i didn't finish it with a ko, big woop I still landed about 80% with consecutive hits with a character I still can barely play)

This has already gotten way old, can we just agree that the the differance between M2K and you is equivialnt to the differance between you and me? And of course we don't like eachother
1. Ya i does take a little practice every day but it also takes more than a week
2. you haven't come far at all, all you've done is left your group of friends to play with people who actually put effort into getting good at the game instead of playing when they go to your house.
3. Cuz its so hard to hit up and a over and over again. That doesn't make you good in fact i find it unbelievably surprising you think you're skilled because you do that. You don't even time your mover you just hit a as fast as you can as soon as someone is close to you

If you learn how to play this game then yeah we could agree on that but until then no because you aren't even a competitive player.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
1. Ya i does take a little practice every day but it also takes more than a week
2. you haven't come far at all, all you've done is left your group of friends to play with people who actually put effort into getting good at the game instead of playing when they go to your house.
3. Cuz its so hard to hit up and a over and over again. That doesn't make you good in fact i find it unbelievably surprising you think you're skilled because you do that. You don't even time your mover you just hit a as fast as you can as soon as someone is close to you

If you learn how to play this game then yeah we could agree on that but until then no because you aren't even a competitive player.
this is getting more pathetic every time we post something.

Do you think I don't know it takes more than a week to get to your standard of good? I'm just saying I've improved and you haven't seen it.

Nuttz (sorry to pull you back in) can you honestly agree with him that I haven't improved at all?

Wow youre being an idiot, calm down, take a breath, and read what I typed (even if it does have typoes) I never once said or even implied I was good with that whole Yoshi thing, I was simply making the piont that you make excuses too when you get screwed over by someone else getting lucky with a character they have fun playing as. And I don't time or space my attacks!?! If I didn't do that I would not be able to even take one stock from you, Nuttz, or even No U and Tate. So your either wrong on that piont or calling those three and youself complete idiots for ever lossing a stock or in many cases (NOT MOST) an intire match.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Nuttz (sorry to pull you back in) can you honestly agree with him that I haven't improved at all?
With the opportunities that you have had playin BC, me, you should be much better than you are.

When I said i'm good?
This post:

haha, now I'm just messing with you cause you get so defensive and opinionated over nothing. Accept the fact that i'm good, not great, amazing, or godly, but non the less good. I gunna be honest, I don't really want to be at your level or higher if it comes with such an annoying ego
Remember in internet arguments, that everything is documented...so always remember what you say.

We want you to realize you NEED to get better. Its a classic mistake to think you are ok at a game, and that the way you play is acceptable on a competitive level when it isn't. If you went to any decent tournament, you WILL go 0-2. We want you to get better and be able to compete. I made a mistake when I started and thought some people were close to me when they actually weren't. Once you realize you suck when you start(we all do it), the learning can begin.

No U

Smash Journeyman

This is how I feel about this topic.

Also, arguing over the internet is like participating in the special Olympics.
Even if you win, you're still ********.

Finally, I would just like to point out that the smashfest that we had tonight was super fun. It's nice getting practice in with you guys.

Edit: I would also like to point out, REL, that your logic of "If I'm not good at something, then what's the point of even trying to get better," is ****ing stupid.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm up for smashing over Christmas break. Probably not til post Christmas though because I don't get back until the 19th and have **** to do. But if something's going down pretty much anytime I'll at least make the effort.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
this is getting more pathetic every time we post something.

Do you think I don't know it takes more than a week to get to your standard of good? I'm just saying I've improved and you haven't seen it.

Wow youre being an idiot, calm down, take a breath, and read what I typed (even if it does have typoes) I never once said or even implied I was good with that whole Yoshi thing, I was simply making the piont that you make excuses too when you get screwed over by someone else getting lucky with a character they have fun playing as. And I don't time or space my attacks!?! If I didn't do that I would not be able to even take one stock from you, Nuttz, or even No U and Tate. So your either wrong on that piont or calling those three and youself complete idiots for ever lossing a stock or in many cases (NOT MOST) an intire match.
Ok so maybe im wasn't completely right about you you do time your first attack but thats it the rest are just spamming A or the c-stick as fast as you can until then di away.

I might be being a little harsh because i remember when i was as bad as you at this game back in the days when i would just walk all over my friends and thought i was the **** for it but then i went to a tournament and got 3rd so i still thought i was good. Unfortunately no one at the tournament knew **** about advanced tactics so i went on thinking i was good until i started to learn AT's and played some much better people from out of state and realized i wasn't really all that good. You though i don't get why you can't realize this. You've played people that can rip you up with AT's yet you still can't accept that you're not really all that good at the game whats that all about?

It's like i'm watching you play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwqP3AVJu4

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Nuttz, I was only refering to the Yoshi thing, you really think Im that stupid

And how many ****ing times do I have to say it BC! I KNOW I'M NOT GOOD BY YOUR STANDARDS OR PROBLY ANY OTHER IDAHO SMASHER

I've said that so many times in so many different ways, we should be having this ******** arguement, it's making us look like a ****ing married couple and I don't think my girlfriend would like that.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I'm not available until after 9pm on MWF. If you want, we can , if you don't work. Also, my wii is at BC's...so if we played, you'd have to bring one. :)

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
Oh... I have to work at 10, so doesn't look like we can. But, I'm off tomorrow. I need to do some (lots of) cleaning, but that can wait till Friday.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
All you've said is that you know i think you're bad, nice though I'm glad you picked up on that.
You thought I didn't? oh well besides a personality clash, that was probly the problem. I could figure out why you kept saying the same things over and over again like I didn't know or understand, but I get it now.

Now are we done with this bull****?

1. I need to practice
2. I know I don't compare to many who matter in the competative gaming world
3. I only play yoshi for fun, thats how all my secondaries have been
4. Your obviously better at Smash then me, but the attitude you give me isn't necessary (I wouldn't mind it if we actually competed for a prize though, it's just unnecessary in practice and friendlies)
5. I never said that marth player was bad, I said the Marth in that ONE video played bad
6. No U can be a **** but we all love him anyways

please tell me we can agree on these pionts and stop wasting time we could be practicing or covering something useful

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I was being sarcastic by the way

I like how you claimed BC's pushing the argument... You could have ended it just as easily.
Just saying.
Thats a big part of why it didn't end, because i found it insulting how he would argue while trying to play it off like it was pointless and not something he cared about basically trying to make it look like i was pushing it for no reason while still getting the last word in for himself.

Also Just Action come play smash with me and brandon next time we have a smashfest!!!!!!!!!!

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I was being sarcastic by the way

Thats a big part of why it didn't end, because i found it insulting how he would argue while trying to play it off like it was pointless and not something he cared about basically trying to make it look like i was pushing it for no reason while still getting the last word in for himself.

Also Just Action come play smash with me and brandon next time we have a smashfest!!!!!!!!!!
I only want to get a piont across and make sure we were on the same page (to an extent), I wasn't about to waste a bunch of time without getting something out of it, BC understanding what I was saying is all I ever wanted out of this stupid thing, but no you kept putting up posts that showed you had no idea what I was saying. why can no one here read something without putting it through their filters and spewing out something else

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have an idea that may help us as a whole get together more often.

It seems most of us have a pretty set (though usually busy) schedual. How bout we all post our commonly available hours or start a knew thread just for idaho smashfests. there will most likely be certain times that overlep for a lot of people, once we get the times we can choose a place, cause doing it the other way around seems to make chaos or result in few people showing.

just an idea...what do you all think (of course this is directed at the ones who can easily make it to, or are in boise)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I only want to get a piont across and make sure we were on the same page (to an extent), I wasn't about to waste a bunch of time without getting something out of it, BC understanding what I was saying is all I ever wanted out of this stupid thing, but no you kept putting up posts that showed you had no idea what I was saying. why can no one here read something without putting it through their filters and spewing out something else
And once again you just have to put in the last word? Why when you are the one who keeps saying we should just let it die.

reddyspazz

Smash Cadet
the back of yo' head is ridiculous.

Top Bottom