• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

joeplicate

Smash Master
is this what people think? wow. Its not that it makes the game more fun...he ruins the advancement of the metagame of brawl, because he is so broken.
no, that's not what I think

The MK ban was a majority vote.
Im kinda half n half with it since i did main him at first.
Iunno just seems like a funner game w/o the ease cheese of meta.
A crappy game is now just a crap game =D.

-QraQ
qraqs got the point...
?

brdy_

Smash Lord
I get it, Idaho is regressing from any sort of actual development of skill in Brawl. Idaho will not be learning to play against Metaknight, while the rest of the USA will.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So all this time, the reason turned out to be some ill-defined intangible abstraction that is basically impossible to measure? What a beautiful way to cop out of having to provide meaningful arguments or data. And I'm sure that Idaho is sufficiently advanced in the metagame to even make such an assertion in the first place.

And people wonder why SRK calls us scrubs.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
So all this time, the reason turned out to be some ill-defined intangible abstraction that is basically impossible to measure? What a beautiful way to cop out of having to provide meaningful arguments or data. And I'm sure that Idaho is sufficiently advanced in the metagame to even make such an assertion in the first place.

is he actually that stuck up or just seems that way?
I gotta say the arguements between Idaho (and near by) smashers are some of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Ok everyone, lets all try actually using facts to back up points instead of just trying to disprove the other when theres nothing to disprove or disprove with.

can we start there?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord

Just chill out we haven't even posted the reasons for the ban yet

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
One would think that the reasons for the ban would be well evident and available before or at the same time the ban was put in place, and not weeks/months after. You shouldn't make a rule unless you can justify it as you implement it.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
And you shouldn't care about a rule that has no bearings on you just because you want to troll and make yourself look speshul.
Maybe, but that has no bearing on the validity of your ban now does it? Sounds like just another excuse not to subject your decision to critical thought. If you think I'm trolling you don't really know what trolling is. I'm calling you out on faulty reasoning. I do think that TO's should do whatever they want as far as the MK ban as long as they can justify it. I'm not attacking your conclusion (banning MK) so much as I'm attacking the reasoning (or lack thereof) that led to it.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Nice use a asterisks.
Because you always suck the tit of oos. Doesn't really matter what topic.
And I love how you say scrubby as hell without a good reason without knowing the game as if we already did that and you're judging it anyways. Smooth.

-QraQ

P.S. You're the last person to speak of scrubby acts Josh.
Hahaha I'm not gonna get into a flamewar with you over this. Not wanting to ban Metaknight and thinking it's probably scrubby to do so , unless he's Akuma-tier maybe, I think is pretty legitimate, whatever else you wanna say about sucking ****.

QraQ

Smash Ace

The question is....why do we even need to?

S T F U kid.

-QraQ

QraQ

Smash Ace
I get it, Idaho is regressing from any sort of actual development of skill in Brawl. Idaho will not be learning to play against Metaknight, while the rest of the USA will.
You say that as if Brawl and Skill go together somehow.

Please...

-QraQ

brdy_

Smash Lord
Sheridan is really smart and he's not a kid. I'll look forward to reading Knuttz' argument about the MK ban and rebutting it (or letting Sheridan get to it first).

knuttz45

Smash Ace
tonight, i'll finish it. I've got the whole night tonight.

Remember, I'm really the only one writing it, and the last month, i really haven't been near my computer to finish it. (UK, helped another deparment, then cancun)

then, brdy, hyuga, you guys can have at us. :)

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice

One would think that the reasons for the ban would be well evident and available before or at the same time the ban was put in place, and not weeks/months after. You shouldn't make a rule unless you can justify it as you implement it.
Maybe, but that has no bearing on the validity of your ban now does it? Sounds like just another excuse not to subject your decision to critical thought. If you think I'm trolling you don't really know what trolling is. I'm calling you out on faulty reasoning. I do think that TO's should do whatever they want as far as the MK ban as long as they can justify it. I'm not attacking your conclusion (banning MK) so much as I'm attacking the reasoning (or lack thereof) that led to it.
A spectacular way to ***** over a game, grats. I hope you gave the guys who ultimately consented to PASS the ban as much crap. If knuttz had an inclination to propose the ban, whether wrong in his conviction or not, he did so of his own volition and not Idaho's as a whole- so step off. How about you stop attacking period and figure out a way to prove MK is legit and unban him if he's so d@mn important to you all. And ffs quit pouring so much wasted thought into an activity that requires more hand dexterity than anything else -.-

QraQ

Smash Ace
A spectacular way to ***** over a game, grats. I hope you gave the guys who ultimately consented to PASS the ban as much crap. If knuttz had an inclination to propose the ban, whether wrong in his conviction or not, he did so of his own volition and not Idaho's as a whole- so step off. How about you stop attacking period and figure out a way to prove MK is legit and unban him if he's so d@mn important to you all. And ffs quit pouring so much wasted thought into an activity that requires more hand dexterity than anything else -.-
Bout sums it up.

-QraQ

craztad

Smash Journeyman
aww man i just watched some new videos of forward playing falco. like 3 days old videos/dec 2. He is just so smooth. Stuff i can only dream of doing.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Thank you.... Everyone look at this! Its a well grounded arguement not the bull**** most of you have been throughing around.

joeplicate

Smash Master
Hyuga's not "attacking" anybody.

And calling something stupid--like saying it's "wasted thought"--doesn't make the arguments he presented any less valid.

You're reading into some hostility that's just not there.

joeplicate

Smash Master
Also
is this what people think? wow. Its not that it makes the game more fun...he ruins the advancement of the metagame of brawl, because he is so broken.
no, that's not what I think

The MK ban was a majority vote.
Im kinda half n half with it since i did main him at first.
Iunno just seems like a funner game w/o the ease cheese of meta.
A crappy game is now just a crap game =D.

-QraQ
qraqs got the point...
?
???

craztad

Smash Journeyman
will the bashing please end and will knuttz please get the mk ban stuff up not that i care in the slightest i just would really like to get all the oos guys to get their laughing at the ban over with and move on. And will stupid idaho people quit egging oosers on to keep coming back. I mean come on were idaho, its not like anyone should pay attention to us this much unless their scared that we've got something other oos peeps don't have but want and this is clearly not something they want for themselves.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
Hyuga's not "attacking" anybody.

And calling something stupid--like saying it's "wasted thought"--doesn't make the arguments he presented any less valid.

You're reading into some hostility that's just not there.
I never said it was stupid but that fact that you assumed I implied it shows *your* tendency to misconstrue people's judgment just like Hyuuga did. He attacked someone he believed had made such a radical proposal without providing supporting evidence for it and then felt the need to project his frustration towards the rest of us as if we were involved.

So tell me, do all of his 'valid' arguments contain over-analytical and presumtuous rambling?

joeplicate

Smash Master
If you can't read my sentence, it's right there--you called his arguments "wasted thought" in an attempt to discredit them.

Misconstrue judgment. . . . sounds fancy. (hint--you can't misconstrue judgment)
If you mean misconstrue what people were saying, nah, I didn't do that.

Over-analytical? Rambling? Sounds like Sheridan, to be honest, but at least he can do it right.

Stop feeding the fire, please.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it's not up to us to prove "why he's legit" -- if there's no real reason to ban him yet, don't.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Pretty sure it's not up to us to prove "why he's legit" -- if there's no real reason to ban him yet, don't.
So at what point did you become a douche?

Anyways...
Banning MK is something for Idaho to be concerned about not other states who decide to put in their opinion.
We have nothing to prove nor do we need to.
You're all just so offended with the thought of a state going out of the mainstream mindset.

Only thing I don't agree with is the rule on Idahoans using Meta oos and being punished by their own community for it.
Really, it doesn't matter to me if he's banned or not, but it does matter to me if people decide to judge those who try to within their own circle.

-QraQ

QraQ

Smash Ace
If you can't read my sentence, it's right there--you called his arguments "wasted thought" in an attempt to discredit them.

Misconstrue judgment. . . . sounds fancy. (hint--you can't misconstrue judgment)

Over-analytical? Rambling? Sounds like Sheridan, to be honest, but at least he can do it right.

Who Are You?!?

(rhetorical)

-QraQ

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice

LOL dont feed the fire eh? You were'nt even apart of the discussion til you started defending him. You want me to stop then give up or leave cause I can keep on correcting you all day. It *is* wasted thought but that's my opinion and you interpreted it so be stupid. That's your fault.

And the only thing that this sounds like is more wasted thought and more b!tching. You guys think you can come in here and step all over the little guys right? Piss off lol

Top Bottom