• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
I say we start doing a weekly small tourney in Boise. I mean, I know we have at max like 8 people? But even still, having a weekly tournament brings out the best of people's skills, even if there's nothing to win except the knowledge that you crushed people in a tournament. I would even be down to start a money pool or something.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
I say we start doing a weekly small tourney in Boise. I mean, I know we have at max like 8 people? But even still, having a weekly tournament brings out the best of people's skills, even if there's nothing to win except the knowledge that you crushed people in a tournament. I would even be down to start a money pool or something.
We should continue doing round robin tourneys during fests. Dollar tourneys anyone?

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
well I estimate the total gas cost at about $110-$140 so $25-$35 each would be more fair >_>

also I'm always down for a dollar minitourney haha

edit 2: Baron, did you actually request that day off? cuz if you did we should totally enter teams up there :D

Nicean

Smash Rookie
Dollar tourneys would be sweet haha. Driving several days isn't really an option, so mini stuff would be way welcome.

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
We should continue doing round robin tourneys during fests. Dollar tourneys anyone?
or even $5 tourneys. I know there may be some who can't pay that so I wouldn't mind entering people in as long as I get half their action. A $1 tourney doesn't feel as good to win as a $5 tourney would, because even with 4 people, that's $12 more than you would get from a $1 tourney (since you're getting $5 back that you entered). Even if you're one of those who gets entered by someone else, you still get $10.

However, I think we should have it so first place gets the prize pool minus 1 entrance fee, then second place gets their entrance fee back. So with 4 people, first place gets $15 and 2nd place gets $5.

I really want weekly round robin smash fests to become a thing because this will get people to play and practice more. I'm pretty sure some other friends of mine would start playing if they thought there was a chance they could make money. Same reason n00bs play poker.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough. Since there are so few people I doubt we would need to split the earnings past 75/25 or something to that effect.

I'm also wanting to get in some Melee before the tourney on the 21st. How many people can you take Seth?

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
Yeah I totally need to get some more melee in too. I can fit 3 people (plus myself lol) so I have 2 open spots if you're for sure down. I have a couple friends that might come but it's not for sure >_>

Anybody want to do a little $1/$5 tourney this Saturday? I have a place we could do it at if Baron is busy.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
I can go for sure. I only have enough money for singles bracket.

I can also do a dollar tourney. Not sure about five. i'm poor lol.

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
I want Lucas to be top tier in M sooo bad, he's such a boss. he tends to have a hard time against shorter characters or characters with better projectiles though. We have both M and Melee but we only have one tv and wii. we could switch though, but I think I'd like it to be primarily Melee since I've been playing M so much.

Do you want to $2 Lucas ditto MM pp? we could record it even

Edit: Oh yeah, and the address is 1013 SHERMAN ST, and I'll say the fest is gonna start at around 3 so show up whenever you can.

Double edit ;>_> ok so I had to change locations, hopefully people will notice in time, sorry for last minuting it up

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
I can bring another Wii and TV. I just bought a 19" insignia LED (maybe its LCD? I thought it said LED) from Best Buy, so it's pretty portable. That way we can have a TV with M and one with Melee since we have at least 4 of us, there's going to be 2 people who aren't playing.

Do you need a ride on saturday Jared and/or Baron?

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
I'd say yes, but I'm planning on biking there for fun.
Have you google'd his address? Doesn't he live down town? isn't it going to be hell-ish outside on saturday?

I mean, if you want to ride your bike that's fine with me... just saying it's going to be hot. Not unlike my Ness play ;)

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
Hey, sorry but I'm gonna have to change the location to 1013 Sherman St., in the north end. Sorry to last minute it up but the other place would be too cramped and hot. Hopefully everybody sees this in time >_> I'd text you guys but I don't have most of your #s

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
Well, I'll call you and let you know if we're still going that late, I hope we are but we'll see.

And wassup prime?! Any chance you're going to that Inland Empire tourney on the 21st?

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
Thanks for showing up Jared, I wish more people could have made it.

So I'm thinking I'd like to leave around 12 on Friday (iff I can find my keys. They have randomly disappeared :| but I have already begun sacrificing lots of virgin animals to convince the gods to return them to me so hopefully that will work out). What's your plan, Baron, did you get the day off? If not I might try to pick up some guy from lagrande.

In any case, is there any day this week that people could agree on to get together and Smash? I still haven't gotten any Melee in in a while, and I'm open every day pretty much but I have a few obligations on monday and wednesday.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't get the day off, but I'm in the process of having my days off changed. Wish me luck on that >.>
I can play on the days that I work, but only right after I get off work, which is at 7 am. I am a huge biznich when it comes to waking up for anything except work.

During my work week, at least.
On my weekends I only need like 4-5 hours per sleep session.

Top Bottom