• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
OMG JACK IS COMING BACK! I will money match you, but only in P:M... otherwise it'd be guaranteed ****. Also, we should play soon peeps. Yeye whenever, count me in. hey-o! I am at work and it sucks :(((((((((((((((((((((:(

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
Baron you should host something soon!

I'm moving into a new place this weekend and it has a decent amount of space so I might be able to start hosting a few things every now and then too...

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
I'll see what I can do... Does Monday work with you/everyone? If I can get two televisions and three consoles, we can have four setups going in my basement comfortably. I'll bring it up on FB as well...

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I can do monday after 9. every day after 830 (soon to be 730) for the most part. thursday/friday off

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
Brackets from tourney last night:

Thanks to everyone who showed up! Anyone who didn't make it, we hope to see you at the next one in about a month-ish.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
Just moved to Meridian, folks! I am 20 minutes away from Boise. Any local tournaments that are regularly held? Any up and coming? 64, Melee, Brawl--doesn't matter which.

Idaho is beautiful. Screw the fires going on, though. I can't see my gorgeous sky!

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
Hey there. Most of us are in a facebook group (Idaho Smash, http://www.facebook.com/groups/481362368558713/)
that you should definitely join. Not sure when the next tourney is coming up, but there's somebody who usually hosts them monthly. A lot of the people on the fb page are down to play whenever though. Most of us are Melee/Project M players. I'm positive there are some people who would want to play Brawl/64 if you wanted to play that more (I'm a big fan of 64 myself). And these fires are awful! So hazy!!!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Welcome Parasol! Like Jack said, our scene consists mostly of Melee and Project M but I am down to play Brawl despite its boringness just because I am good at it. I will MM anyone in Brawl and most in Melee. As far as tournaments go I think there is a tentative plan for a Project M tournament this coming Monday the 24th! You should come and introduce yourself, or just play smash before then with me and hopefully others because I am wanting to play pretty much every day.

gnosis

Smash Lord

GingaBread

Smash Cadet
Yeah I know! I remember those smashfests we used to do at your place and baron's place like 7 years ago. We've been insane active compared to that time. And yeah I figure everyone from the boise area is on the facebook page, I was just wondering if there's an active community anywhere else in Idaho

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
There is a small but active smash group in Rexburg. For those of you that live in our close to Rexburg, check out the Facebook group Rexburg Smash, and invite your friends.

GingaBread

Smash Cadet
how many smashers do you guys have in rexburg? is it mostly melee, brawl, 64 or P:M? I've been thinking of making a trip down for awhile and would love to get some smash in.

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
Not big enough yet. I am a huge melee/P:M fan, but everyone here plays brawl. We're working on brawl skills right now, only got about 6-7 serious smashers. Trying to recruit more.

lobot

Smash Rookie
I recently moved to Boise and was looking to make some friends and play some smash brothers. I haven't played any smash in a while so I'm probably rusty but I'm generally very good at any video game I play. Anyone in the Boise area looking to play?

QraQ

Smash Ace
I recently moved to Boise and was looking to make some friends and play some smash brothers. I haven't played any smash in a while so I'm probably rusty but I'm generally very good at any video game I play. Anyone in the Boise area looking to play?

Hey I and many other Idaho smashers play often like 3-4 times a week. 940-232-0542
Just call me and you can come by and play sometime.

lobot

Smash Rookie
Hey I and many other Idaho smashers play often like 3-4 times a week. 940-232-0542
Just call me and you can come by and play sometime.
Awesome, I'll try and give you a call this weekend if I can finish up my work

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
I live in Ammon, any smashers around there? No, okay...
Soupenomics, Ammon is only 30 min away from Rexburg, no? You should head up sometime. Maybe for the December 13th tournament at GamePulse here. I'll post a link to the Rexburg Smash group so you can join and stay tuned for events.

I visit Idaho Falls frequently so maybe I can drop by and play someday if you're that interested.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Soupenomics, Ammon is only 30 min away from Rexburg, no? You should head up sometime. Maybe for the December 13th tournament at GamePulse here. I'll post a link to the Rexburg Smash group so you can join and stay tuned for events.

I visit Idaho Falls frequently so maybe I can drop by and play someday if you're that interested.
What game(s) will be at the tournament?

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I got a sister in law in idaho now. Maybe I can join some fests or tournaments when I go up sometime

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone in Northern Idaho or Eastern Washington? There are four of us in Moscow looking for some more players. We are thinking of setting up a weekly Smash night and attend some tournaments.

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
Is there anyone in Northern Idaho or Eastern Washington? There are four of us in Moscow looking for some more players. We are thinking of setting up a weekly Smash night and attend some tournaments.
Your best bet would be to check out the active Idaho Smash facebook group.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm hosting a tournament Feb 15-16th In Calgary, AB, Canada. Thought I might pass it along since you're decently close by, would love it if you could pass it along to your facebook group and get the word out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/631356173590106/ Theres the event on facebook, it's also on smashboards but yeah. (P.S theres a $250 Melee pot bonus, $100 for doubles, $150 for singles) it has lots of non-smash games too, for you street fighter/marvel/divekick players.

Lookin' decently hype and would love to feature some Idaho players.

Top Bottom