• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Scarykid, I actually added you there when I made some edits to characters and stuff.
It would make sense having 10 melee, 5 brawl in our region, in fact, Brawl was not even considered for PR if it wasn't for me LOL.

Also, if it's alright with everyone else (KNUTTZ, QRAQ, ALCH, TATE, TURTLEHOOP, THUNDERCOW, WHERE YOU AT?) I don't mind, we could have smashfest March 27th, then 2 weeks later, the tournament itself on April 10th.

I WANT TO SOME INPUT!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Scarykid, I actually added you there when I made some edits to characters and stuff.
It would make sense having 10 melee, 5 brawl in our region, in fact, Brawl was not even considered for PR if it wasn't for me LOL.

Also, if it's alright with everyone else (KNUTTZ, QRAQ, ALCH, TATE, TURTLEHOOP, THUNDERCOW, WHERE YOU AT?) I don't mind, we could have smashfest March 27th, then 2 weeks later, the tournament itself on April 10th.

I WANT TO SOME INPUT!
Thanks! I appreciate the recognition at least. I would very much appreciate in April 10 fest personally. I month to get reacquainted with the game so I can destroy :p

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm gonna stick with Tourney the 27th or April 3rd.

I mainly want this during Spring Break for those that live farther away.
There will always be more smashfests, if you can't make it SK.
Eagle crew, invite whomever else you can, attendance # doesn't look to be promising as of now.

Same goes for all the Mountain Homies :p

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Kline, I watched it when you posted on Facebook. :p
Is... that me on 0:30 getting gimped? LOL

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I just played a random matchmaking game on LoL and brdy was on the other team....

I asked him if he played smash bros. and he was like: "yes wtf?!"

priceless.

No U

Smash Journeyman
So fest the 27th? I should be able to make it and I'll see if I can get ty to come too.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm gonna have to make the smashfest on the 27th, I'm sure that's better for everyone anyways.

I don't think there will be a tourney though, but we can definitely do some serious sets during the smashfest.
Money matches do take into place for PR purposes.

SK: They're still playing, by Idaho standards. =)

I'm gonna go ahead and leave a text to everyone tomorrow afternoon on my contacts list. Forward it to whoever may be interested. Based on how many people we get, we can have a tournament, but I am calling it a smashfest.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I'm going out of town (lol again) that weekend. However, the weekend after that, if someone wants to hold a follow up fest/tourney, I'm down for that.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so my parents are suggesting I start the smashfest after 5pm, that way they can go out for a good amount leaving a more confortable setting for us once they leave, so I'll be starting the smashfest after 5pm (more than likely around 5:30pm)

sound good?

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so my parents are suggesting I start the smashfest after 5pm, that way they can go out for a good amount leaving a more confortable setting for us once they leave, so I'll be starting the smashfest after 5pm (more than likely around 5:30pm)

sound good?
Sounds good. I will be bringing atleast 1 other person. How long will it go to?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about my absence, my connection was down for like 3 days...anyways, I'll be needing at least another setup, and my copy of Melee won't run anymore (surprised it lasted this long with all the scratches) so here's what I have:

Wii w/Brawl & Melee (backup ;P)

Gamecube, need Melee disc

I'm thinking about running over to the game store and getting the disc fixed, but I don't think I'll have enough time for that.

It looks like we'll have 8+, we might just have a tourney, dunno.

Rabidjackal, the smashfest is set to run from 5:30pm - 10pm, there's a chance it'll last longer, but I have to be considerate of everyone else in the house.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I have 3 tvs available, one of them is the small one that's about the same size as yours, but it's up to you if you want to bring yours.

Now I just need a copy of melee, and we'll have 3 setups, I'm sure that's enough but if anyone wants to bring more, I'm all for it.

just in case you guys may not have my address:
18167 Harvester Ave.
Nampa, ID

feel free to come in anytime after 5:30pm, no later than 10pm.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
It was great having you all over on Saturday

Awesome smashfest(s) guys, I had a lot of good practice. Every time, I figure something new, so I expect to keep improving. I did a lot of testing on DI throughout the weekend, and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing wrong now. I know I can't be as successful without knowing proper DI in certain situations.

to anyone that missed out...

YOU ****ED UP BIG TIME.

"MUCHROOM" KINGDOM 2 XDDDD

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Oh great...now were getting into the whole 'inside joke' thing here.

I heard you all got knee'd by pichu, and link's falcon punch got a few great kills.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hello smashers!

I've been tasked to inform everyone about a regional/national Super Smash Bros. Brawl tourney happening in Utah!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263780

It is happening the last weekend of May. For more information, look in the OP of the thread. Post in there if you have any questions regarding rides, fees, housing, or anything else regarding the tourney.

We hope to see you there!

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Hello smashers!

I've been tasked to inform everyone about a regional/national Super Smash Bros. Brawl tourney happening in Utah!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263780

It is happening the last weekend of May. For more information, look in the OP of the thread. Post in there if you have any questions regarding rides, fees, housing, or anything else regarding the tourney.

We hope to see you there!
The thread link above said:
tourney games - 5 dollar venue
brawl singles 10$
brawl doubles 20$ for team so 10 bucks each
brawl+ wut ever the most recent nightly build is singles $10
brawl+ wut ever the most recent nightly build is doubles 20$ for each team
I'll go for the +.

No U

Smash Journeyman
oh hey I think ty left his memory card and melee disc at your place Churro, do you have those?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have those here, but I probably won't be home today. If I happen to be home, we're currently doing a flooring remodel, so I wouldn't have time to play, but you're welcome to stop by and pick it up. Were you planning on coming in today?

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
While you guys were all geeking out, I was gettin' some on a cruise! bahahha

Is it bad I'm slightly jealous?>.>

Churro

Smash Journeyman
That's the driest **** I've ever heard of.

Also, I'm thinking tournament someday in April.
GET HYPED.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
That's the driest **** I've ever heard of.

Also, I'm thinking tournament someday in April.
GET HYPED.
I'm assuming you are referring to dry humor? If so, despite the hackneyed nature of that joke, I decided to use it because it actually holds a bit of truth.

Alch: It was you Alch. I was the one in the Megaman costume;)

Top Bottom