• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idaho PR discussion

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Idaho Power Rankings
Ok this is just me posting a template for what Idaho's PR should be since I think this shouldn't be discussed in the Idaho thread.
This was originally thought of by Timmy and passed down to Knuttz with some tweaks.
We've been talking too long about when we're going to do this so I wanted to open this template up to discussion.
Important Notice:
QAny inclusion of off-topic, "flaming", "spam", or otherwise non-proactive posts will be flagged and reported to a moderator.

Since the PR List is under development, we must establish the foundations:

1. Administrator
2. Panelists (3)
3. Mission Statement
4. PR Criteria

1. Administrator
The administrator must be respected in the community, and it can be a panel member.

2. Panelists
As per Regional/State PR Regulations, we are required to have a minimum of three (3) panelists. Volunteers for this position are currently open to anyone with knowledge and experience of SSB who are currently residing in the state of Idaho. Panelists will be chosen by general acceptance of the Idaho Smash Community, and, if necessary, by majority vote.

3. Mission Statement
I have provided a Mission Statement. Any addendum or amendment is up for discussion within this thread and is subject to approval by Panelists and Regional Administrator.

4. PR Criteria
A preliminary criteria for placement within the Power Ranking is included in the Mission Statement. Changes and additions are up for discussion within this thread and is subject to approval by Panelists and Regional Administrator.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Mission Statement
Need mission statement

Administrator - Open

Panelists

1. Position Currently Open
2. Position Currently Open
3. Position Currently Open

Power Rankings will be posted after Panelists have been chosen and rankings have been decided.

-------------------------------------
My input...(QraQ)
1. Administrator...
Should be Buzz since he networks the most throughout different states and what not

2. Panelists..
1. QraQ (myself (Dom)) -Because of my experience
2. Buzz -Cause he is well known and can network quite well
3. Either Knuttz or Gnosis because they share the same traits just on different spectrums.

3. Mission Statement.
To keep a fair competition among Idaho smashers and to establish a means of placing within our community.

(Knuttz)
Now...about the criteria. I believe a point system should be in order to a top 5 or 7. Lets say we do a top 7. The point system should be 7 points for 1st and 1 point for 7th. The reason for the point system will be for 3 categories based on rankings.

1. The Ladder.
If we use a ladder system for some point rankings, it will increase competitiveness, with the first defending his title, and the others trying to take it. We should make a rule you cannot go up more than two spots on the ladder. (thus if lets say the 7th is not active for a month, things still can change). The hardest part is starting the ladder.

QraQ's Input: I don't think adding more competition is really as important as perfecting our existing competition. Could create unwanted drama, but I left it there to let Idaho decide.

2. Tournament Rankings.
This point system is bases on tournament rankings IN THE PAST 6 months. Only in the past 6 months will take someone who has lost their edge off the rankings, like they should be. The exact method is currently unknown to me, still a gray area. Still will be based on who they played, who they beat, etc.

3. Overall Skill-Personal Vote.
This is the 3rd and final vote of who is the best. This will take in account of friendlies, tourney, MM ,etc. I know in friendlies people do screw around and try new things and never look their best. But the panelists should know who is the best. Because we are a small community, this can work out.

-------------
(Knuttz)
Now, if I were on the panel, here would be my rankings. My tourney results are based on both the utah and the little 8 person tourney we held for rankings...

Ladder: (predetermined) ------ Tournament Rankings:------- Personal Vote:
1. Qraq -----------------------1.Qraq ----------------------- 1. Qraq
2. BC ----------------------- 2. BC ----------------------- 2. BC
3. Josh ----------------------- 3. Josh ----------------------- 3. Josh
4. Knuttz ----------------------- 4. Knuttz ----------------------- 4. Buzz
5. Buzz ----------------------- 5. Buzz ----------------------- 5. knuttz
6. Lemon ----------------------- 6. Kinx ----------------------- 6. lemon
7. Kinx ----------------------- 7. Lemon ----------------------- 7. Kinx

Total Points:
1. Qraq 7 + 7 + 7 = 21pts.
2. BC 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 pts.
3. Josh 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 pts.
4. knuttz 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 pts.
5. buzz 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 pts.
6. Lemon 2 + 1 + 2 = 5 pts.
7. Kinx 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 pts.

Now remember this thread is primarily to establish a PR and not to argue about it. Everyone respect one another's opinion so we can actually post a fair and just PR thread.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Taking my post from the idaho thread, good job, hopefully we can actually discuss this...! Say what you like and don't like!

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Taking my post from the idaho thread, good job, hopefully we can actually discuss this...! Say what you like and don't like!

Rofl I even said you got this from Tommy and tweaked it.
I only reposted it to seperate it from the Idaho thread so we could have a straight discussion rather than mixing it with the other posts.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Rofl I even said you got this from Tommy and tweaked it.
I only reposted it to seperate it from the Idaho thread so we could have a straight discussion rather than mixing it with the other posts.

-QraQ
You mean T!mmy, but so far...it seems to be just us discussing...say what you like and don't like either. I know you don't like the point system...and I know we are small enough of a community to know who is best, second best, etc....but I enjoy math and complicated stuff...

Also panelists, are you up for the challenge? Buzz? Dom?(i know you are)... Josh?(I know you are).

and we need a mission statement....anyone have anything?

T0MMY

Smash Master
This PR discussion is already > than Oregon's lol.
QFT
This is presented in a proper fashion to the members of the community, not undisclosed, and looks like everyone will be reasonable in their discussions of what they want instead of running a slam campaign. Looks like you guys are going in the right direction here and how I've seen you thinking ahead to expanding your players with Brawl.
Props to you, Idaho.
PS: t!mmy's format is pretty nice looking, he's good at that kind of thing, and he thanks you for considering using it--he put a good deal of thought into it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I suppose I should demonstrate some responsibility and start helping around here. :laugh: Sorry I've been outta the loop, guys. I'll start compiling some information and express my thoughts on the rankings.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I suppose I should demonstrate some responsibility and start helping around here. :laugh: Sorry I've been outta the loop, guys. I'll start compiling some information and express my thoughts on the rankings.
To T0mmy, thanks for the comments on Idaho. Hopefully if Buzz sticks to his plan of a website, we will have a rather large community.

Buzz, no rush on the information...just don't take 5 weeks or something rediculus like that.

P.S. For anyone who reads this... Read some of Buzzes blogs....they are pretty darn good...And not so long you want to stop reading...

And I just read dom's comment on the ladder....

1. The ladder does not have to be a part of the "power rankings" but I would still like to have one. If kept track of, and the rules are right...It will create a very competitive scene, with everyone trying to get on....

2. I would like it to be on the power rankings because it gives us Idahoans something to do with the lack of tournies. We do friendly alot, and tournament not so much. And in some tournies we don't get to play others... i.e me and Lemon...

This So it can settle a "dispute" with tourney results. An situation that could happen: Knuttz never plays Lemon at tournies, but places usually higher, but in the ladder, knuttz can't get past lemon and his crazy antics...

If we do establish some kind of ladder, I'll post some kind of rules...

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Knuttz - 1: Power Rankings is the competitive scene we have we don't need something to add onto it like a ladder.
2: PnT tournies aside, what bracket you're placed in doesn't matter as far as your basic tourney record is concerned. For example: If you go to tournies where some of the top people are you have to be prepared to face them no matter which round AKA 1st round ken 2nd round PC Chris etc etc.

BC - I think a top 5 is a good idea but we'll need to acknowledge the other people too.

-QraQ

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
This sounds good but i think we should only do top 5 because of how small our community it.
Normally, I would agree with this, but our community is so spread out, and the east side does not see much action. I have to travel to play anyone decent now. I think it would make more sense to just list the top 10 or whatever.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Knuttz - 1: Power Rankings is the competitive scene we have we don't need something to add onto it like a ladder.
2: PnT tournies aside, what bracket you're placed in doesn't matter as far as your basic tourney record is concerned. For example: If you go to tournies where some of the top people are you have to be prepared to face them no matter which round AKA 1st round ken 2nd round PC Chris etc etc.

BC - I think a top 5 is a good idea but we'll need to acknowledge the other people too.

-QraQ
I'll agree with a top 5....maybe have the list of current active smashers? I know that is on the idaho page...but maybe have that? Or just honorable mentions?

1. Is the ladder too complicated? I like complicated things, like point systems, and ladders, and having to keep track of a bunch of stuff. But as I can see for most power rankings, people just say who is the best, its a rough estimate...am I correct? But what can happen is that someone can be good, but

So what you want is just to panelists to have a heated discussion on who goes where? That is agreeable if thats how we want to do it. (i'm not against anything).

This is what I've got out of this so far:

admin is :
Qraq - and we just use this thread

Panelists:
1. Dom
2. Buzz.
3. Me or Josh... If we don't hear from josh...then me. To me , josh would be first pick. I've only been playing for about 5-6 months know, and still lack some things in the game.

Mission Statement:
I'll say one:
The Idaho power rankings is to promote and widen a competitive atmosphere within the whole state of Idaho.

PR:
Still discussing....

If no one disagrees....edit the top part dom....

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I think the mission should include (in different words) something along the lines of "promoting hard work" or "encouraging progress" so that people aim for higher slots.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I think the mission should include (in different words) something along the lines of "promoting hard work" or "encouraging progress" so that people aim for higher slots.

This sound good:
The Idaho power rankings is to encourage progress and widen a competitive atmosphere within the whole state of Idaho.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
This sound good:
The Idaho power rankings is to encourage progress and widen a competitive atmosphere within the whole state of Idaho.
I'll take one stab at it:

The Idaho power rankings serve to encourage progress and expand the competitive atmosphere to the entire state of Idaho.

Thoughts?

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm still alive, just busy.

I wonder if we should include Felix/Aaron on the list... I'm thinking at least Felix would be on if he ever played. But inactivity is often grounds for being ignored in the fast paced world of smash. Unless you're amazing.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Looking good guys. Nice to see how everyone's working together.

I don't know the number of smashers you guys have in Idaho, but if it's less than Oregon then 5 would probably work out, though you should definitely have honorable mentions for anyone that is actively competitive and exemplifies the Mission Statement.

PS: Crew Battle!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Eastern Idaho Power Rankings
1 Buzz

Huzzah!

But seriously, QraQ, could you explain this to me? "To keep a fair competition among Idaho smashers and to establish a means of placing within our community." I'm not saying I disagree with it. I just don't understand it that well.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Eastern Idaho Power Rankings
1 Buzz

Huzzah!

But seriously, QraQ, could you explain this to me? "To keep a fair competition among Idaho smashers and to establish a means of placing within our community." I'm not saying I disagree with it. I just don't understand it that well.
My mission statement is just saying we run a fair and friendly competitive PR but it also establishes our actual rank.
Hopefully you understand that.

-Dom

knuttz45

Smash Ace
My mission statement is just saying we run a fair and friendly competitive PR but it also establishes our actual rank.
Hopefully you understand that.

-Dom
So instead of fair, do friendly and fair? So you guys want to go with a Qraq mission statemet, (maybe with modifications? ) Also, with the felix thing, he never answers his calls. He played with us once, then hasn't played again. Also, if we had a top 5, he would only be an honorable mention.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I concur with the current rankings. Until more tournament results show up, I think this is how we should start.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I concur with the current rankings. Until more tournament results show up, I think this is how we should start.
I think it is aggreed. I have votes from Qraq, and josh, i need urs buzz. I'll make the actual PR, because Qraq is banned... :( But, unless you want to do it, i'm going to do it. no ladder, just votes, but the points will work. So we have power rankings! P.S, if anyone wants to make something pretty for the thread, let me know and I'll put it up!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
1 Qraq
2 BC
3 Josh
4 knuttz
5 The Buzz Saw
6 Lemon
7 Kinx

Top Bottom