• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idaho Falls Tournament sat. january 20th

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Me, my TV and Cube. Plus, I have a really small TV (13 inch) but I don't think it's big enough for tourney use...maybe friendlies. Tell me if I should bring it.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I've got a fairly random quick question. BC I saw the UT vs. ID vid and you're really good. I was just wondering, if there aren't very many ID smashers, how did you get so good? I attribute my meager skill to playing with my 3 brothers, and a little practice against lvl 9 computers.... but we all know they stink, so.... I suppose I would depend on who you have to play, huh? Like here around BYU there are upwards of 30 people who play smash, but only 5 or so are actually okay, and about 3 are really good.

Oh and err, I'm bringing two GC's w/ smash. That's 2*(GC + SSBM) :D Don't forget the distrubitive property ;).

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Does someone have lengeta's phone #? I think he gave me the wrong number. >_<

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sorry peepz, I was busy Thursday, and worked today. Yes Gojira, your coming. I'm bringing my cube along just because, even though we have too many, but I won't be able to bring my TV along, for shame.

My number is 435.406.9012, but I'll give you a call here in just a few minutes, Buzz. I'm leaving Orem around 7, so hopefully everything will run smoothly and well make it there by midnight.

See ya'll soon.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
My cell phone is dead so call my house number if you need to contact me
208 522 5168
ask for Ryan

Also how was the tourney just so i know what i need to do better nexty time

Junpappy

Smash Lord
My cell phone is dead so call my house number if you need to contact me
208 522 5168
ask for Ryan

Also how was the tourney just so i know what i need to do better nexty time
The tournament was good. My only advice for future tournaments is GET MORE PEOPLE! Jk but it was fun overall and worth the 4 hour drive up there.

Edit: The crew battle would also have been a nice addition had time permitted one.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Good to see everyone made it home OK. I enjoyed the tournament.

BC, I think the tournament needed more chairs and bigger TVs. LOL! J/K J/K. I'll do better next time. I thought it was good. I just want a crew battle next time. :)

Casture

Smash Apprentice
I loved this tourney. Usually I leave with a feeling that I suck horribly and that all the practicing I do is for naught, but this time I was totally content with how I played. I may of not won either of the tournies but I'd have to say that this was the funnest tournement for me.

Buzz & Laozy- I didn't really expect to win the matches against you two. Both came down really close and got my heart pumping pretty fast :)

BC & FTS-Man, both of your foxes are getting crazy fast. Too fast.

Cdbobo-You were alot better than I expected. Thanks for playing all those matches afterwards with me.

The only thing I wish we could of done better was to record some matches....and have a crew battle. lol

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
The Results

Singles

1 Yamer
2 FTS
3 Ryan
4 Casture
5 Laozy
5 Junpei
7 Buzz
7 Gojira
9 Layne
9 Ruben
9 Rusty
9 CDbobo
13 Bye
13 Colin
13 Phil S
13 Shawn

Doubles

1 koopfoxalypse
2 I dance for money
3 Bananus
4 Swords on a Plane
5 casturesaw
5 pink floyd

Next time ill find a place with more roomor just see if we can do it on the main floor

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the props Casture :). I really liked playing your cpt. falcon with my ganondorf, just 'cuz that's always a fun match up =], + the fact that you rock, of course (hey look at the results, you're like 5 spots higher than me).

Overall I think I basically gained a level with Doc. I now know how to more or less beat Jiggs (first match against RA [at the last tourney] I got 3 stocked then 2 stocked, now its close 1 stocked or I win), and I started ledge hopping to fairs. It gets a bit pattern-ed so I need to mix it up a bit, but it's the coolest thing ever to be at 80 or so hangin on a ledge with your opponent thinking, "okay I'll just edge guard and he's done. I'm at 100%, but what's he gonna do? It's doc." and then I ledge hop to the legendary Doc Punch, roll a pill down my shoulder and catch it, and I win =]. Also, I've never played against a good marth, Yamer that was a fun match :). I need to practice against you s'more though, because it was more or less similar to my first match against RA; 3 stocked then 2 stocked. We'll have to see.
Oh, does anyone here in UT play marth? KC does, I think... anyone else?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Also someone left a wii power cable at my house i think its from the wii that was by the back of the pool table so you guys should check your things.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
first of all, i would like to thank buzz for housing us and layne for driving.
the tournament was fun and ryan is a good host because he feeds us.
i'll visit idaho again when it doesnt snow.
YEAH!!!! me and junpei beat ryan and mike YEAH!!!!

lengeta

Smash Ace
Thanks for housing Buzz, and thanks for the tourny BC. It was good, but really sad most the Idaho-ians had to leave early. Just so you know, one of these days I'll master Falco and you'll all be at my mercy, I just want to give you all warning so you're aware and a little less butt-hurt when the time comes.

Sorry for the slow carpool home fellow van-poolers, but I think we did alright considering the snowstorm. If we ever do this again I might have everyone meet somewhere before I pick them up/bring them back just to save some time. Not a big deal though, I don't mind going to everyone's individual houses, it just takes forever.

Also team Swords on a Plane is the best team ever. Once both of us actually learn to play our respective characters, nobody stands a chan-REVERSE-BLAZER!!!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Next time, let's just host the tournament at my place. :laugh:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I'm sure it was kinda sucky how everyone had to wake up and pack back into the vehicles. Wouldn't it be nicer just to stay where you slept? You could enter the tournament from under your blankets! LOL!

Top Bottom