• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idaho Falls Tournament sat. january 20th

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
229 E 20th street
Time:
starts at 11 or 12
Ends around 5 or 6
(all times are flexible)

Contacts:
BattleChrist,Ryan
Home (208)522-5168
Cell: (208)569-8051
jim66615@hotmail.com

Yamer,Mike
Cell: (208)403-7786
yameritzu@hotmail.com

Singles:
2$ entry fee
MLG Rules

Doubles:
2$ per team
MLG Rules

For Both Doubles and Singles prizes will be winner takes all

BYOC Bring Your Own Controller

If anyone can bring TV's/Cube's with smash that would be great.

There will be friendlies for anyone who wants to stay after the tournament is completed.

Call the cell numbers first if you have any question.

As of right now
TV's:

Cubes w/copy of smash:

Results

Singles

1 Yamer
2 FTS
3 Ryan
4 Casture
5 Laozy
5 Junpei
7 Buzz
7 Gojira
9 Layne
9 Ruben
9 Rusty
9 CDbobo
13 Bye
13 Colin
13 Phil S
13 Shawn

Doubles

1 koopfoxalypse
2 I dance for money
3 Bananus
4 Swords on a Plane
5 casturesaw
5 pink floyd

laozy

Smash Journeyman
yea dude, if it doesn't snow as bad as today, then i might go. its about $50 for a round trip right. how many people are expected to come, also i dont like your rules...second should get their money back :)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Winner takes all is fine IMO, especally with a $2 entry fee and possibly a low turnout.

I should have that Saturday off as well, so I'll see if I can go about making it up there, but no promisses. If I can, I'll bring along a TV and a Cube/Smash. Oh, and your house is in Idaho Falls, right?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Any chance of rescheduling this event to the next saturday? I already have a tourney going on in washington on the same day, and I don't think Idaho falls is more then an hour away from spokane. If you rescheduled the tourney and bumped up the entry fee (at least $5 or maybe $10) me and probably quite a few people from the spokane area would likely attend. Thanks for considering.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Any chance of rescheduling this event to the next saturday? I already have a tourney going on in washington on the same day, and I don't think Idaho falls is more then an hour away from spokane. If you rescheduled the tourney and bumped up the entry fee (at least $5 or maybe $10) me and probably quite a few people from the spokane area would likely attend. Thanks for considering.
Are you sure you've got the right city? Spokane and Idaho Falls are like 7 hours apart.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
lol thats funny but if you ever want to play with the idaho kids feel free to come and visit for a tournament or just chill for friendlies we would also provide housing if you wanted.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
lol thats funny but if you ever want to play with the idaho kids feel free to come and visit for a tournament or just chill for friendlies we would also provide housing if you wanted.
I love it how everyone on these forums offer housing. Who needs hotels when there's Smashboards?

...I'm not coming... I was just reading this thread out of boredom, and just wanted to say that. >>

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
There is some truth to that, Xsyven. Really, we ought to probe this forum before ever hunting a hotel. Just promise a good smashfest, and random people will put you up and sometimes feed you. :p

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Buzz you should find out how many people you can get so we can get a number on the amount of people that will be at this tournament and ill count up everyone we are going to get

Casture

Smash Apprentice
I can come for 1/2 -2/3 of the tourney. I got work at 4 so...yeah. Hopefully singles is first cause I might not stay for doubles. If it starts at 11, I might stay. Only time will tell.

Yamer, Buzz-where are the vids.? If you don't post them, then let me see them at the tourney.

Takalth

Smash Ace
So how many Utah people are considering attending? If there are enough people to split the cost of gas with (and somebody else to drive, since my van isn't very reliable), I may go.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well if phil goes you could probaby ride with him but it looks like its just going to be him and maybe some of his group but in any case you should talk to him if your going to head to this tournament

laozy

Smash Journeyman
So how many Utah people are considering attending? If there are enough people to split the cost of gas with (and somebody else to drive, since my van isn't very reliable), I may go.
yeah i'm the only person going unless other utah people would like to carpool. i dont have a reliable car so we need that first.

how many people you got coming to this ryan.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Im not sure how many people are going cuz lots of people have said they would go but then again they are not reliable so lots may drop last min or something but right now it looks like 15 or so

laozy

Smash Journeyman
15+ people sounds good...it better not be like the last idaho tournament i went to or else i'll go crazy.
we need housing. i dont want to sleep in a parking lot again. i think only 5 people will go if not any.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ill see what i can do about housing but i dont know. Also if enough people from idaho realy do come then we might have more but i dont think anyone from around me will go to any that are more than 2 bucks

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have some really good space for housing, but a few conditions have to be met:

(1) - You have to be willing to drive the extra 25 minutes to Rexburg.
(2) - You have to let me know far in advance (like... now...)
(3) - My wife must approve.

Step #1 is up to you guys. Step #2 depends mostly upon BattleChrist's housing situation. Step #3 won't even be addressed unless this extra housing proves necessary.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If someone else drives I would be willing to help pay for gas. Also depends on what time we can leave in the morning if we do end up staying overnight.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i'll drive your car. i was thinking friday night we arrive in idaho and leave saturday after the tournament. i want housing from whoever, mainly buzz, bc or yamer.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
i'll drive your car. i was thinking friday night we arrive in idaho and leave saturday after the tournament. i want housing from whoever, mainly buzz, bc or yamer.
BC and Yamer are located nicely in Idaho Falls, so check with them first. My place is a bit farther, but I do have a nice place (two couches and lots of space to crash otherwise). Just keep me up to date on what you need so I can prepare. I'll be assuming that no one is coming unless informed otherwise. :)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Oh wow, a few want to go, awesome! K, I guess I can drive. My van's a bit ****ty and it's heater basically doesn't exist, but if everyone's willing to toss in five bucks or so for gas I suppose I could drive. I work Friday morning until 4:30pm and could head out sometime after that, or wait until Saturday morning. If anyone wanting to go is tied up Friday night let me know so we can try and wait for you.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Oh wow, a few want to go, awesome! K, I guess I can drive. My van's a bit ****ty and it's heater basically doesn't exist, but if everyone's willing to toss in five bucks or so for gas I suppose I could drive. I work Friday morning until 4:30pm and could head out sometime after that, or wait until Saturday morning. If anyone wanting to go is tied up Friday night let me know so we can try and wait for you.
I'll try to see if I can get out of work early or completely on Friday, but if I can't would you be willing to time it so you come through Salt Lake City at around 7:10-7:20 ish?

Edit: Also, what day and what time would you be planning on coming back?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally going :). But from the looks of things your van is going to be pretty full layne... should I even invite other people..? Hopefully you can come RagingAsian, 'cuz I don't think you were at the last tourney at FtS's house... were you? I can show ya my mad, crazy, uber l33tzors skills. ;)
Also, BC, I have two cubes/copies of smash... want me to bring them?

Oh and Yamer, I'll totally play you with my Doc. I dunno about this whole MM thing though... I'm already committed to two, each with about a 50/50 chance of victory... Odds tend to not like me anyway, and since I have no idea how good you are, I don't really want to throw money away >.<.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Yamer a scrub with doc.

But there is a problem with staying at my house on friday because we are driving to utah for the neumont thing so we wont get back until like 12 or 1ish that night but if you want you could chill at buzzes house until yamer and neil an myself get back or just wait for me to finish the neumont thing before you leave

lengeta

Smash Ace
My van can seat 7, so with Laozy, RagingAsian, Cdbobo, Gojira, and me, we should have 2 more spots.

BC, you're saying you won't be back until later, but does that mean you're willing/able to house us for the night? I've also PMed to Buzz to see what his situation is, it's getting close already so I want to try and keep options open until we have something finalized.

Sounds like everyone's keen on leaving Friday night. I'm willing to wait a little later to head up if some people need me too, I'd rather get there late and crash than to have to wake up ungodly early, but that's going to be up to whomever's willing to house us. How does that sound to everyone wishing to carpool for now?

I will be heading back sometime after the tournament, stick around for some friendlies until everything winds down and everyone's ready to leave. I'm not considering staying Saturday night, so we'll be getting back late that night.

Also, I think it might be $10 from each of you for gas. I'm not too sure how much my van gets to the mile though, so I'll run some numbers and let everyone know for sure, or if I'll just need $5. Please have the money with you when I pick you up.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm totally going :). But from the looks of things your van is going to be pretty full layne... should I even invite other people..? Hopefully you can come RagingAsian, 'cuz I don't think you were at the last tourney at FtS's house... were you? I can show ya my mad, crazy, uber l33tzors skills. ;)
Also, BC, I have two cubes/copies of smash... want me to bring them?

Oh and Yamer, I'll totally play you with my Doc. I dunno about this whole MM thing though... I'm already committed to two, each with about a 50/50 chance of victory... Odds tend to not like me anyway, and since I have no idea how good you are, I don't really want to throw money away >.<.
Well if Layne is planning on heading out Saturday night then I'll probably be going, but I'll let you know if I can't. And I actually was at the last biweekly, and if I remember correctly I think I beat you :)

Casture

Smash Apprentice
BC, I can probably bring a TV and my cube. I'll try to get some school friends to come, mostly newbs, but it's all good.

Also, I would offer housing, and maybe I could, but I'm going to a concert Friday night in IF and I have no idea when we're getting done.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
The tv and cube would be good and if you guys are able to find some place else to chill while im at neumont i would be able to house you when i got back.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
okay heres my new and improved idea...
layne leave 8am saturday and pick all of us up. we should arrive in idaho 11:30-12:30 max
after the tournament we rest a little, eat a little and have a couple of friendlies. we leave 8pm saturday and arrive in utah by 11. layne should be home no later than 12. no need for housing.
we all should give layne $10 for all his trouble driving around and picking everyone up.
you should also bump the entry fee by a dollar and give 2nd place some money.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
laozy, we have traveled to Utah with a similar intent, but we often decide that sleeping overnight is better since everyone is so exhausted. I'm not against your idea at all; I've just had negative experiences trying to do it that way.

By the way, I spoke with my wife; she is OK with people crashing here Friday night. So, let me know if you need the housing or not. :)

laozy

Smash Journeyman
friday night sounds good too. we have to wait until junpei gets off work sooooo okay i think its final, we crash at buzz's house friday night so expect us to be there around 11-12 oclock.

Top Bottom