• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iconic characters you've missed (18+ characters inside!)

Caliko

Smash Cadet
Incredible work, didn't think our PM would lead to this. :O

Hey at least he worked hard on these. You have to appreciate that.
Eh he spoke too soon. I only had about 8 characters up at the time.
Just look at his sig. He has the most stereotypical smash request characters ever. So I wouldn't worry about him. :)

If you guys are going to be negative to Calico, then you might as well keep it to yourself.
Thanks man. It's my post count dude. I get this treatment every time I'm "new" to a forum. Little do they know I've been lurking for years and a Smash veteran xD

Nice to know I have the most creative person (my opinion) on the site by my side. ;)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Nice opinions and excuses to validate your own logic. :)

You know with someone with a name like yours you do have a ton of hate for the thread.

Ironic considering my Pokemon Trainers idea was the most fleshed out and included 18 extra Pokemon in one slot plus 3 Pokemon stages including a Pokken Tournament stage.

Leave the Cuccos alone buddy. I'm sensing either some jealousy or personal hate here....
You literally said Cuccos star in Zelda. No they don't. That is a fact. Characters like Tingle have their own games. Just because my name has to do with Pokemon doesn't mean I want thousands of Pokemon in Smash. I love the Pokemon franchise, that doesn't mean anything Pokemon I worship. And why would I be jealous of characters I don't think should be in Smash. I hate none of these characters, hell I love Cuccos in Zelda, but a lot of them have no place or reason in Smash. I'm leaving this because you don't see the fault in your logic and I don't think you ever will.

Caliko

Smash Cadet
You literally said Cuccos star in Zelda. No they don't. That is a fact. Characters like Tingle have their own games. Just because my name has to do with Pokemon doesn't mean I want thousands of Pokemon in Smash. I love the Pokemon franchise, that doesn't mean anything Pokemon I worship. And why would I be jealous of characters I don't think should be in Smash. I hate none of these characters, hell I love Cuccos in Zelda, but a lot of them have no place or reason in Smash. I'm leaving this because you don't see the fault in your logic and I don't think you ever will.
"Thousands of Pokemon"

Dude.... I don't even think there's over 400 of them yet.

Last I checked Cuccos were in nearly every Zelda game.

"Does not belong in smash"

When will this phrase die......

Anyways is there a rarely mentioned character I missed?

I debated on adding the main character from Kung Fu in the list. He was from a very popular NES game. But it seems Nintendo has abandoned him for good :(

Pre-Ryu I predicted Monster Hunter would be DLC but after having 2 Capcom reps in I'm having doubts.

Caliko

Smash Cadet
Is this thread serious...
Did even you read it? I provided reasons and a few facts. Or let me guess, you were expecting the same 10 unispired characters that you hear on repeat? If so then go read the millions of posts about them. You might find Waluigi and Wolf in there.

Something to get the uncreative mad:
Did you know Rabbids are now more popular than Rayman? More people now recognize the Rabbids than the limb-less fellow. Go cry now :'(

OMG I just thought of a bad a** moveset and stage for Hippie.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ubisoft had created a monster and they should have realized what they've done was wrong in the past. But they are the same guys who can't come up with a valuable excuse for not having female playable characters in Assassin's Creed.

And no, I will never love those bunnies (as charming as they are) more than Rayman. Not against the idea of them in Smash, but I still haven't gotten over what happened since their debut.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Did even you read it? I provided reasons and a few facts. Or let me guess, you were expecting the same 10 unispired characters that you hear on repeat? If so then go read the millions of posts about them. You might find Waluigi and Wolf in there.

Something to get the uncreative mad:
Did you know Rabbids are now more popular than Rayman? More people now recognize the Rabbids than the limb-less fellow. Go cry now :'(

OMG I just thought of a bad a** moveset and stage for Hippie.
No, these are all just really wierd suggestions.

I do agree with like, 2 but some are just really silly. I've seen other obscure characters that work better.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So what characters are important but rarely mentioned?

Did I miss any viable character alternates?
If your looking for important characters that are rarely spoken about, may I nominate Dark Matter (The floating eyeball in my signature) from Kirby? The character's the closest thing the series has to a main antagonist outside King Dedede (and you could argue it's more of a antagonist than him too but that's debatable) and I honestly think the character's pretty important. It's your decision though :p.

Last edited:

Caliko

Smash Cadet
Ubisoft had created a monster and they should have realized what they've done was wrong in the past. But they are the same guys who can't come up with a valuable excuse for not having female playable characters in Assassin's Creed.

And no, I will never love those bunnies (as charming as they are) more than Rayman. Not against the idea of them in Smash, but I still haven't gotten over what happened since their debut.
Oh believe me I don't like Ubisoft either. Not sure what "wrong" they did but Rabbids was a massive hit. These guys are in books and have a TV show now. This is good for them. The creator himself loves Nintendo and did a great job, he was actually protesting the Rayman Legends Wii U delay and I think he left Ubisoft(Need to verify) over it.

Rabbids and Just Dance were Wii mega hits and I believe Ubisoft owes more to Nintendo than the competing consoles.

No, these are all just really wierd suggestions.

I do agree with like, 2 but some are just really silly. I've seen other obscure characters that work better.
Oh cool I'd love to hear them! It's surprise characters that get me the most excited. I can't stand hearing the b****ing and moaning over the same 10 characters over and over....
Characters like R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer are exciting because they're important characters that were right in front of us the whole time but no one noticed.

If your looking for important characters that are rarely spoken about, may I nominate Dark Matter (The floating eyeball in my signature) from Kirby? The character's the closest thing the series has to a main antagonist outside King Dedede (and you could argue it's more of a antagonist than him too but that's debatable) and I honestly think the character's pretty important. It's your decision though :p.
Hmmm... Nice nominee. My only concern would be how recognizable he'd be in public for example, or how important he is to Nintendo history. When and how often does Dark Matter appear?(Sorry I haven't played many Kirby games but I'll take your word for it)

My criteria for the rarely mentioned characters were

1. Popularity, as in popular over all, not just the Smash community but in the real world as well.

Example: Rabbids.

2. Recognizability. Even if you don't know the characters name, if there's a part in your brain that says "I know this" then that is very important. Duck Hunt and Wii Fit Trainer are like this in this regard. People recognized them in public(there's a video on this) but didn't know their names. Heck no one will ever know Wii Fit Trainer's name and Duck Hunt's name is Mr. Peepers.

This is why Hammer Bros. and even Hippie are mentioned.

The idea of Hippie was to include a generic stereotype/character that anyone will know. I considered Medusa for this reason but she's too requested in the Smash community. Hippie would definitely be a surprise character and anyone who's played an hour of Earthbound knows him.

3. Success.

Sales, pop culture etc.

Just Dancer, Savvy Stylist
(Vince from Art Academy barely misses the mark in my opinion)

4. Nintendo history. If not familiar how important is the character to Nintendo?

Alexandra Roivas and Hanafuda take this claim. Eternal Darkness is a cult classic that fans have been wanting more of. It introduced the insanity mechanic that Nintendo patented and would introduce a level of seriousness to Smash.
Hanafuda speaks for itself it IS Nintendo history.

*I would have LOVED to include Dracula from Castlevania but Konami have been treating Nintendo like they don't exist and he isn't the main character.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I don't miss any of these characters. Except for maybe e. gadd

Thread should be renamed "characters no one cared about enough to remember"

Caliko

Smash Cadet
I don't miss any of these characters. Except for maybe e. gadd

Thread should be renamed "characters no one cared about enough to remember"
To be fair, Luigi's Mansion sold 5 million.

And characters like Hanafuda and EVR Racer are far more important to Nintendo history.

By comparison some of these characters sold 14 million plus in this regard, the argument is invalid.

To put this in perspective Isaac one of the more requested characters has sold less than 4 million over the entire series. This number is disappointing compared to half the characters I've listed. It was only after his assist trophy that anyone have a damn(which is usually the case). So NO I will not be changing the title. "Care" is subjective but the sales, success and recognizability say otherwise.

Another attack useless. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The difference is, no one bought The Legend of Zelda because "OMG cucckkos I so need that game NOW!!!"

New Zelda game with chickens? I, and 99% of everyone else, couldn't give a ****.
New Zelda game starring Midna? I'd be ecstatic.

Caliko

Smash Cadet
The difference is, no one bought The Legend of Zelda because "OMG cucckkos I so need that game NOW!!!"

New Zelda game with chickens? I, and 99% of everyone else, couldn't give a ****.
New Zelda game starring Midna? I'd be ecstatic.

Oh God it's pre-Villager and post-Wii Fit Trainer reveal all over again. Which is a good sign!! Reminds me of my old Duck Hunt Dog/Pac Man request days... Ahhh...
Enough excuses though.

Shame no one can think of other hardly mentioned characters but me. Quite the creative bag of di***!

More:

Frogger: didn't add because he's another 3rd party character from a different party who isn't important to Nintendo.

Q*Bert: iconic and all but same as above and couldn't think of a realistic moveset.
My own lack of creativity here and lack of gaming.

Dig Dug: Chances of him getting in are higher than you think. Iconic and all. Not sure why I didn't mention him.
Shame on me there. :(

Last edited:
A Burger Time stage would be awesome. All the sandwich ingredients as platforms, collapsing as you stand on them. When the burger is completed at the bottom, players can stand by it and eat bits of it to recover health.

I know this thread is about characters, but other offbeat ideas couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
You got a couple of good choices but most of these I can't see happening. Mostly because they're either fourth party or will have extreme licensing issues. Not to mention a lot of them are even more obscure than my username.

Keep doing research on Nintendo IPs. I'm sure you'll come up with good choices eventually.

Top Bottom