• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers vs Snake

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I thought earlier that the advantage was a little + for IC's in the matchup, but snakes platformcamping (as seen from 3.00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaOrbMS-Qjs) makes me think that depending on stage it can be an advantage even for snake.

I´ve yet to face a good snake who knows his character so my I would like some inputs about punishing that kind of camping which looks like a wall of mines/granades which even belay have trouble outprioritize...

Rykard

Smash Ace
the IC player just kinda stood there...

i mean he could easily be punishing this with their ariels, idk why he didnt. basically, if you get on a platform, thats one less snake can use and then predict where he will run to and punish him from there, its hard to say though not being in this situation, but really the ice climbers were bad

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
snake is a pretty good matchup for ICs. as long as they don't get knocked into the air they can dominate the match. unfortunately, snake dashing is a good juggle for ICs. but its real easy to gimp his approach and punish him (i don't know about really good players, but the majority i've played are pretty good).

i didn't watch the video, but if he is platform camping then he should be punished very easily....

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Last sunday I went to a tourney with about 50-60 people, and about a tenth of them played snake... then I got to the finals, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON LEFT ONLY PLAYS SNAKE! It was just crazy. Now, I had gotten to the final match beating the other snakes along the way, and this pro player easily 3 stocked me in both matches! Basically what I'm trying to say is that if a snake player is knowledgable about all of snakes stratiges/tactics and is pro you have no chance - use a different character.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
A knowledgeable Snake user will generally **** the Ice Climbers. Tilts outrange everything the Ice Climbers have and it's not hard for Snake to keep them in the air, (Ice Climbers can keep Snake in the air also.)

A campy Snake can use explosives to split the Climbers really easily, and to get out of chaingrabs. Plus Snake lives forever, so if he kills Nana, you have almost no chance.

I beat a campy Snake player before, but that was only because I managed to run the timer on him.

Top Bottom