• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice climbers are pure evil on yoshi's story...

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Well I honestly dont know what to do as MK lol mine is awful, what should I do as him against IC for the easy win? Spam teh whorenado?
Too be honest I have no idea. I never play IC's. No one in GA plays with them except PB&J, but his got beat by my Diddy like 3 times in a row so his is either not good or I don't have a problem with IC's. What I do with metaknight though is approach with DI'd aerials then down tilt. In the MK forums m2k gives some good advice about Dairing over their shield and when you have no jumps left, tornado over it. I haven't tried this yet, but that should almost shield break them. Metaknight is really cheap man. Practice with him a bit and watch videos of Dojo and the few of m2k. If a certain character gives you a hard time MK can counter it, I assure you. Not to mention that IC's may be banned eventually. I heard in Texas they are banned and I kind of see why. I watched a video where a guy can just auto kill without moving. Perfect that and all you need is 1 grab per stock.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Too be honest I have no idea. I never play IC's. No one in GA plays with them except PB&J, but his got beat by my Diddy like 3 times in a row so his is either not good or I don't have a problem with IC's. What I do with metaknight though is approach with DI'd aerials then down tilt. In the MK forums m2k gives some good advice about Dairing over their shield and when you have no jumps left, tornado over it. I haven't tried this yet, but that should almost shield break them. Metaknight is really cheap man. Practice with him a bit and watch videos of Dojo and the few of m2k. If a certain character gives you a hard time MK can counter it, I assure you. Not to mention that IC's may be banned eventually. I heard in Texas they are banned and I kind of see why. I watched a video where a guy can just auto kill without moving. Perfect that and all you need is 1 grab per stock.
Its not as bad as 1 kill out of a grab, its 50% of a kill out of a grab, he didn't master the chaingrabs but it was ****ing annoying and pretty **** good.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Diddy destroys ICs...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On YS they can grab the nanerz alot easier than FD. On FD its not a problem, but on gay stages like YS...
YS is ICs second worst nuetral stage next to Lylat. The slopes mess up thier CGs a lot... Camp near the edges and keep to the platform and ICs will have trouble.

ADHD

Smash Hero
YS is ICs second worst nuetral stage next to Lylat. The slopes mess up thier CGs a lot... Camp near the edges and keep to the platform and ICs will have trouble.
Whenever I was near the edge they tried to grab me and once they did and the gay spike **** happened :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Whenever I was near the edge they tried to grab me and once they did and the gay spike **** happened :(
That's just because you don't know how to DI :).

DI/Smash DI inwards. You will never be hit off the stage if you smash DI inwards. If you don't smash DI, regular DI will usually save you anyways. Also, when this happens, the slopes make it so that you instantly go into your standing animation. Which means you have all the time in the world to do whatever you want to the IC's.

Really, IC's will **** you horribly if you are not knowledgeable or experienced in the match-up. But trust me, Diddy gives IC's wayyyy more trouble then IC's give diddy.

ADHD

Smash Hero

DI/Smash DI inwards. You will never be hit off the stage if you smash DI inwards. If you don't smash DI, regular DI will usually save you anyways. Also, when this happens, the slopes make it so that you instantly go into your standing animation. Which means you have all the time in the world to do whatever you want to the IC's.

Really, IC's will **** you horribly if you are not knowledgeable or experienced in the match-up. But trust me, Diddy gives IC's wayyyy more trouble then IC's give diddy.
Oh, I wish I knew that then lol

IDK

Smash Lord
hylian's a diddy now? $%#! lol. yeah. same goes to every vs IC thread... don't get grabbed... i can kind of play IC's lol. I can do all the zero deaths and iceblock lock and cheap $%#! but yeah. that's it. it's my falco too. i never play either one because it's not very fun. if i feel spacie, its fox. otherwise its usually marth for semi-serious and diddy for "i'm gonna $%#!ing kick your @%% lol.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
u JUST ARE A BABY CRYING BY ALL I DONT LIKE IC I DONT LIKE THIS I DONTL IKE THAT, TRAING BE BETTER INCREASE UR LEVEL OF GAME AND I GONA BEAT ANYTHING DIDNT DONT HAVE ANY SUPER COUNTER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT THE REAL THING IS " U DIDDY SUCKS", I HAVE PLAYED WHIT LIKE 3 REALLY NICE IC WHIT HER SUPER GRABS JUST PLAY WHIT A LITTLE MORE STRATEGY THAN OTHER CHARS DONT DO THE WHEEL BECAUSE THEY CAN GRAB U DOING THAT TRY TO FIGHT MORE ON THE AIR THAN THE FLOOR AND I GONA HAVE BETTER MATCH.

ADHD

Smash Hero
^^^ I didn't bother reading that crap

Yeah, the ice climbers are kinda strange to ifght.

Trapt497

Smash Ace

I feel like a scrub for asking this but how exactly do you smash DI? (no one has ever told me)...To smash DI inwards do you just hit the C-stick in that direction? Sorry...I don't really know much about DI at all...I've never really kept up with how it works or how to do it.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
just smash the analog toward the direction while being hit, it will move you a very tiny distance
in this case for example just smash when being hit from the fair towards the edge, where you have to di after anyway

Trapt497

Smash Ace
just smash the analog toward the direction while being hit, it will move you a very tiny distance
in this case for example just smash when being hit from the fair towards the edge, where you have to di after anyway
Ah ok. Thanks.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
why dont u want to use another character. u dont always have to go with diddy

saberhof

Smash Master
just remember, you have bananas, they only have a grab, and to get to you they have to get passed the bananas...and besides diddy is one of the top characters that survives the meteor crap by IC's...

only problem i have is that the guy i play against is really **** good, and he knows how to grab people...

Top Bottom