• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climber MU discussion

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm not saying its even I'm say stop getting grabbed. you out range ICs in every single situation. approach when you have the advantage. if you don't have the advantage run reset and be patient. IC are so easily abused by sheik, ftilt ***** them, grab release combos, easy to gimp. You just can't be hasty because even the smallest risks can be guessed correctly and lead to a death.

I understand the frustration that goes along with it, but if you play smart and patient you can do relatively well in the match up. living with New England only ranked IC for several months helped me to understand the weakness she can abuse in the match up.

Lain beat me in our one and only friendly in that match up though...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I agree that if you play patiently you can win but it's still a bad matchup.

Also with de-synched blizzard Icies have a really good pressure game and once they corner you to a side of the stage it's very difficult to get out of there without being grabbed.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Needle that blizzard before they get you to the edge.

Also might as well rename this to the IC MU discussion. That's basically where things are headed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I love the corner of the stage they can't do anything to you really. just grab the edge and you have so many options because of instant invul from tether needles, bair(needle reversed). thats why I don't mind FD as much because I know how to control the edge so well.

needles kill blizzard and pretty much all dsynced approached very cleanly and again platform stages give you extra mobility with zero risk of ever being grabbed.

Judo777

Smash Master
Needle that blizzard before they get you to the edge.

Also might as well rename this to the IC MU discussion. That's basically where things are headed.
I never liked the concept of saying to do something before they do it to you. That just isn't a realistic scenario everytime. Snake should always ftilt MK before Mk throws him........................

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I had assumed he was talking about an ICs starting in the middle of the stage or docent walking you down to the edge... If ur already at the edge then yeah my point is null

Top Bottom