• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC vs Kirby

Fhd

Smash Rookie
While i was playing a kirby in a match with ic, this guy kept kirbyciding my ic 1 by 1, and he said in facing an ic that is fair., after he spammed grabs and smashed only. Any advice how to beat him, when i cg him and i knock him out, he figures out a way to swallow me first which leaves me with one ic so yea, any advice?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Keep stuff like this in the Q and A thread please.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
First of all Q&A thread
second of all Kirbyciding is ALWAYS fair
my advice is dont follow kirby to the ledge when he jumps off facing you

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
when kirby is camping on the edge throw iceblocks on that thing lol. or jump in with blizzard. i´v never got a problem with kirbyciding lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm kirbyciding ic's, i never thought of that

(i never kirbycide in general sigh, i always forget about it)

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Here is one big thing that you gotta remember about ICs, they are strongest in the center of the stage. The main reason being that they don't gain any added weaknesses by being there (and they don't gain any added strengths by being on the edge or off the stage, since they aren't good at gimping characters), since chaingrabs work on any part of the stage and upsmash is a reliable kill move and kills off the top (stage positioing doesn't matter very much). The biggest weakness they avoid by being in the center are easy Nana gimps, since an opponent has to knock her further and work harder to kill her from there. So if your opponent wants to do anything fancy on the ledge, for the most part, you should let him and stay in the center of the stage just spamming ice blocks or hell taunting if you want to (keep in mind, good spammers can force you to come in). But, staying in the center works especially well against Kirby, since he only has one projectile, his up-b and its crap. You can be campy as hell against him and force him to come in. If he tries to fight back with Up-b, then just dash in and get behind him, for the free grab and free stock.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I main kirby for doubles, and ciding is something i do more often than most, so i know **** well not to go near any kirby hanging around near an edge. I will spam desynced iceblock to force him away from that edge.

And if he does try to inhale my nana, hes gonna suck an fsmash lol

Top Bottom