• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Mains, ASSEMBLE!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Great ICs Jam. Nice u-air combos especially.

I think you could use more jab-cancels; they come out faster than d-smash or grab, and link into either.

A spacing trick for Sheik that Chu uses is to stay at a wavedash's length from her and bait out a jump. As she lands, wavedash in and intercept her with d-smash (or f-smash). I think it can outprioritize even a falling f-air. U-air and u-tilt are also invaluable counters to Sheik's high jump.

Do well at bullheaded. :)

Roman.

Smash Champion
ummm i don't know anything about ICs but i play kyu puff's sometimes so don't hurt me, i just want to help

one thing i noticed that's different between the two of you is that kyu abuses the ICs awesome shield a lot more

it's almost impossible to find an opening to approach kyu but when i was watching the second vid it looked like there could be some openings that could be taken advantage of.... empty full hops being one i saw a couple times and baiting a crouch cancel probably to a dsmash or something

idk, i just find it extremely frustrating that kyu is always either behind a shield, a blizzard, or has a hitbox out at ALL times

edit: and i just want to say, ICs are a couple of *****es

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
CC Sheik's jabs into death chain grabs and / or wobbles more.

Sheik should never be allowed to jab ICs. In fact nobody should be allowed to jab ICs but Sheik especially. Plus she's gay so she should die.

PB&J

Smash Hero
good stuff. against other characters u should use the platforms more because certain people are going to try to platform camp u..so cut off there options..but besides that keep it up..oh and good edge guard on sheik is wait intil she is about to up b and up b out of sheild with nana and have her grab the ledge and the wave dash with popo and **** her..try it

Binx

Smash Master
I see a lot of holes and pointless movement, I have a friend and he got a lot better by trying to beat his friends by using as little movement as possible, I'm not suggesting you move less in a real match but this will help you to spot when you really should move less and implement it better, I saw a few times where you full hop and waveland away even though you aren't in range for him to do anything dangerous if you stay where you were. So you basically give up partial control of the stage to no advantage.

As far as holes go, you Ice block too often, and you full hop more than is necessary. If you watch Chu, Wobbles, or most pro players any character, you will notice they don't jump very often and when they do its always to a purpose, with Ice Climbers this is even more important because they don't have a quick fall speed. It is important not to full hop unless its to connect with an uair or sometimes a fair, even then I prefer to use short hops to eliminate weakness. ICs are heavy so use that to your advantage and crouch cancel weak attacks more.

I would work on basic forms of movement, you don't really dash dance at all and it adds a lot of depth and unpredictability to your play if you use it along with wavedashes, find safe zones vs characters and try to stay there unless your applying pressure. What I do is try and stay within 1 or 2 ice climbers widths of my sweetspot zone, where I can avoid/react to anything the other players character can do, a good way to get used to this is to pretend every character has Marth's sword, and to pretend that Marth has a longer sword.

Learn to see the patterns people use against you and try to predict how they will change them once you figure the first pattern out, vs good players this will change very rapidly throughout the match. When you feel like you have them afraid to attack because you are a safe distance it might be okay to dash dance desynch or spot dodge and have nana charge a forward smash.

Top Bottom