• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC dthrow to nana spike don't seem to work on certain characters?

spotted

Smash Cadet
Hey so i have noticed a problem with the dthrow to nana spike, when you fight certain characters like for example R.O.B you just miss the spike the whole time. It is like R.O.B is performing an automatic spot dodge after the dthrow wtf? This happens when facing some other characters as well but i don't remember them.
Does anyone know more about this problem or know some other *alternate* and reliable options to chaingrab with?

spotted

Smash Cadet
Look here i'm not missing it my attack just go right through R.O.B and i'm sure that other people have noticed this problem too :O

chewyy

Smash Ace
Look here i'm not missing it my attack just go right through R.O.B
your wii = broked! :laugh:

yeah but seriously d-throw to fair is 100% definently a combo on rob.
Try using C-stick to start the fair with nana and using the left stick to DI, if you are missing with the fair.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
from what i have noticed, depending on the characters weight, you may have to do the fair spike a little earlier or a little later. It seems as if larger characters such as snake, DDD, and ROB all have invinsibility frames following the down throw, thus your timing has to be altered. After much practice i have gotten used to it and adjust accordingly so i dont perfectly recall by how much you need to change your timing. All i can say is just practice with the timing, try doing it a little earlier or a little later, if that still doesnt work, try adjusting the height you make nana jump between a full hop and a short hop. Just give it some time, it should come with practice

Vlade

Social Outcast
I always remember when versing ROB to perform the SH when ROB hits the floor when dthrowing, then nana fair. The timing is a bit later than usual.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I.iZ.nO.1: The d-throw animation lasts longer for heavier characters and shorter for lighter characters. During the animation (no matter how heavy the character is) that character will have invincibility frames. It's not that heavy characters get bonus invincibility frames, simply that the throw animation lasts longer.

OP: Time the f-air later.

spotted

Smash Cadet
Yea i've tried some training against rob and i noticed that the invincibility frames comes more often the higher the % is, the first two times you nana spike chaingrab is no problem and now i usually hit at other percentage too, after some training. But when i played a rob online he must have DI:ed someway so the invincibility frames lasted longer, hmmmmn...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
DI isn't relevant. Either you needed to practice it more, or more likely your timing was off due to the lag.

At high percentages, characters fly away quickly after any throw. Regrabbing and d-throw to spike become tough at high percentages, because you don't have many frames to hit or grab them.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
@KYU

Thanks for the clarification, i wasnt sure exactly what to call it but invincibility frame was the first thing that came to mind. But thanks for the correction, i will keep that in mind next time someone asks.

@spotted

your problem when you are playing that person is maybe due to the button lag you experience over wifi. your timing will have to adjust as in person play and wifi play have different timings based on the latency during online play.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187649

^^ this thread tells about how latency can affect your play

Top Bottom