• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IA's No-More-Than-5-Characters-Per-Icon Theory!!!

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Okay, well by now, you should all be familiar with these:

And how they essentially confirm Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff. But I've made some other observations.

First of all, the faces correspond to the series that the sticker is from. A Kirby sticker yields Kirby, MK and DDD, while a Sonic sticker only gives you Sonic to put it on.

There may be more heads as you unlock characters, but the starters in those series are all accounted for by the heads. This means no starters in the Sonic universe other than Sonic, and even Sonic is unknown.

I say he is unknown because the version that they took that video from may have unlocked some characters already. This is probably true, as we see that they have Lucario and Jigglypuff as playable, and tradition is that Jigglypuff is unlockable.

Now, onto the meat of the thread:

The location of the faces is only enough room for 5 faces, and it doesn't look like the kind of window that you could scroll through. So I'm saying there can be no more than 5 characters per series, as that's all that can fit in that area.

You can see in the Pokemon one that 4 faces take up 4/5ths of the room. So after 5, no more characters from the same series, with the same icon at least.

So, if we assume that Luigi is returning, that means Bowser, Peach, Mario and Luigi make up 4/5ths of the total POSSIBLE Mario series representation. There may be one more Mario character, but no more than that.

Same with Pokemon. Only one more after Pikachu, PT, Jiggs and Lucario. Mewtwo anyone?

Well, what do you think? Keep in mind that this is a THEORY.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Originally an accidental reply, but hey, while it's here, I'll fill it with stuff:

If I remember correctly, Famitsu magazine said that the SSE is 240 hours long.

Obviously, this is ridiculous, if it's talking about one playthrough. As such, I think we can deduce that you haven't really BEATEN the game until you not only play through with the default cast, but play through each level again with every playable character.

If we take this as a possibility, it might mean that every character's head has to fit into the bottom right of the sticker screen, meaning that it indeed means no more than 5 characters per series icon.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Didnt know they actually leaked that info out :S Yay lucario is playable :p
And you "theory" tbh sounds true...makes total sense

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
Unless it's something that improves FIRE damage for mario characters, in which peach would not be applicable, but something like bowser jr would...
So maybe a sticker can only correspond to the ABILITIES of 5 chars from a series?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
could always get bigger to accommodate, and the english one looks bigger anyways.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
wow thats confirmed unless anyone can speculate it otherwise. Excellent observation.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's one flaw with this theory. It assumes every character will be playable in SSE. Characters unlocked out of SSE and villains may likely not be playable, meaning they can't equip stickers.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
this is a theory i've been juggling in my mind since the Dojo started getting updates. It seems very plausible to me.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
This may actually confirm not only Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario, but also a five character limit per franchise. So yes, you did prove a point and it does seem to make sense. But for now, it's only a theory, as you've said.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Mario Reps: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, GENO? Bowser JR.?
Zelda Reps: Link, Zelda, SHEIK? (unless she's separate), Ganondorf, WWLINK? VAATI?
PKMN Reps: Pika, PT, Jiggs, Lucario (doubt there are any more...)

No other icon's gonna get 5. Sorry.

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
The theory does sound good, and for the person above that stated what about villains, All three Kirby universe brawlers are there and one of them is a villain.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
while it makes sense that only 5 dcharacters can have a restriction, this dosnt mean 5 ppl per franchise. you could go as far as seperate it like 5 good mario characters for mario luigi peach yoshi and someone else, then like evil mario characters like bowser, bowser jr and someone else. other characters like geno could be different enough to be in their own category.

also, since lucario among others was in these videos, i doubt more would be showing up. i would love it if mewtwo was confirmed so this held true, essentially giving knuckles a shot.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Originally an accidental reply, but hey, while it's here, I'll fill it with stuff:

If I remember correctly, Famitsu magazine said that the SSE is 240 hours long.

Obviously, this is ridiculous, if it's talking about one playthrough. As such, I think we can deduce that you haven't really BEATEN the game until you not only play through with the default cast, but play through each level again with every playable character.

If we take this as a possibility, it might mean that every character's head has to fit into the bottom right of the sticker screen, meaning that it indeed means no more than 5 characters per series icon.
Famitsu didn't say SSE was 240 hours long, it just said it was long.

You haven't considered the possibility that a sticker doesn't apply to all characters in a series. For example, a Spiny Sticker, or a Koopa Kid sticker might only apply to Bowser and Bowser Jr. whereas a Toad Brigade sticker would only apply to Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
The problem is this could go so many ways. This could mean that exclusive stickers could only have a max of five characters. Which in turn would mean any series can't go over five. But this doesn't necessarily say that any one series has five characters. The stickers could have other exclusives such has the need of a sword in hand (which would have Pit, Ike, Meta Knight, Link and possibly Marth) or have an explosive (Snake, Samus, Diddy, Link, Zelda) You also have the possibility that these icons will over lap over each other like coins did in SSBM.

Sin14

Smash Cadet
well, with the text next to the icons in the sticker are all the same so i am guessing they all say "used by-... " because the animal crossing sticker has a "U" visible in the picture which could mean it says used by and can also be leaning towards an animal crossing character.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I personally wouldn't be surprised to 6 reps for the mario series, and maybe the pokemon and zelda series; but your theory makes sense.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
You do that could mean that every Sticker there will be 5 characters at the max and not series and also if you look at the Sticker Power-ups update next dedede there is room for about 4 more or it could mean that the pokemon series is going to get 5 reps but it could be diffent for other series.

Also Mewtwo not being on that does not mean he will not be playable in could mean he is not playable in SE or there could be a villan mode or they may only show the characters that have you have unlocked.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I made this observation as well, but I didn't go into great detail into it. I was just thinking that the last spot on the Pokemon sticker would be mewtwo or something and that you have to unlock him

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
So your saying there can be no more than 5 characters per series? Then that means either Geno or Baby Bowser are AT's

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I made this observation as well, but I didn't go into great detail into it. I was just thinking that the last spot on the Pokemon sticker would be mewtwo or something and that you have to unlock him
That what I think and I also think that it will only be pokemon that get 5 reps.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Great observation, but it actually HURTS the franchises. How so?

Yoshi is counted as a Mario character in Melee (Event Mode), so there's only one spot left: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi. That is, if you DON'T count Wario. Then there's 5.

There are most certainly more "character specific" stickers, because I can't imagine Mario using, say, Pak E. Derm or Jimmy T. for powers, but it makes sense for his crew, Yoshi, and Wario to all be sharing, say, a Super Mushroom.

That said, this does not bode well at all for the fans. Zelda/Sheik are considered one, btw, just like Melee--Pokemon Trainer is as well. So there is potential for 5 Zelda characters and thus a few more unknowns. Pokemon still has potential for one more, and then the other series obviously have tons of wiggle room.

But no more Mario characters just got "confirmed" by this revelation as far as I am concerned *sulks*

LUIGI PSYCHO

Smash Apprentice
Great observation, but it actually HURTS the franchises. How so?
Yoshi is counted as a Mario character in Melee (Event Mode), so there's only one spot left: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi. That is, if you DON'T count Wario. Then there's 5.
Yes, but you said it, only in event mode, he has his own logo, so he's representing his own series, so... this doesn't apply here

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that makes sense, partially just because 6 characters for one series is A LOT.

So lets guess at the lucky franchises.

Mario (obviously)
Zelda (4 characters in the last game, why not 5 in this game with the huge roster augmentation?)
Pokemon (assuming Mewtwo makes it)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Then I wonder if this could boost Krystal and Wolf's chances? Because I DID notice stickers for Krystal and Leon Powalski, and I can't really imagine Leon boosting anyone but Wolf.

No confirmations, just more hope. Dammit, where is Falco?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Yes, but you said it, only in event mode, he has his own logo, so he's representing his own series, so... this doesn't apply here
Um... what?

The Event is called something like "Fight the cast of Mario!" and includes Yoshi. He IS a Mario character by Smash standards and only gets his own logo because he stars in his own games. But ignoring Yoshi for Mario-related stickers? Stupid. He's in way more Mario titles than otherwise, and saying he's not part of the Mario posse is being naive.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Um... what?

The Event is called something like "Fight the cast of Mario!" and includes Yoshi. He IS a Mario character by Smash standards and only gets his own logo because he stars in his own games. But ignoring Yoshi for Mario-related stickers? Stupid. He's in way more Mario titles than otherwise, and saying he's not part of the Mario posse is being naive.

I thought of something. Also, maybe the stickers don't always apply to franchises. For example, a sticker of a sword wielding character could give bonuses to Link, Metaknight, Ike, Pit, etc. That way, a sticker of something from Super Mario World for example could enhance Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi. They could cross boundaries like that. Also maybe stickers of bad guys could give bonuses only to bad guys. Maybe a Bowser Jr. sticker would only give bonuses to Bowser, and not Mario, Luigi, and Peach. This could give some hope to Mewtwo (who I suppose is somewhat of a "bad" character). Perhaps a sticker of Team Rocket would just give bonuses to him.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I´m starting to think there won't even be a franchise with 5 characters.:(

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
so mario and Pokemon won't gain a single character number, and Pokemon will have more newcomers than Mario?

yea that seems reasonable, give Pokemon more newcomers than the personafication of Nintendo. Besides, Bowser Jr and Geno are two very much wanted *at least equal to Lucario) and given that Lucario was added 100% based on hype, I can see a whole bunch of characters we want being in.

Top Bottom