• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IA's No-More-Than-5-Characters-Per-Icon Theory!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I´m starting to think there won't even be a franchise with 5 characters.:(
That's ridiculous. That'd mean we'd have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser... not a single Mario newcomer.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
This topic has some nice logic. :D

Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda I believe will be the only series to recieve the full 5.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Only 5 Mario franchise characters? I'm sure they can resize the heads to be smaller and make more room for others. Think about it, we already have Bowser, Mario, Peach, (for sure) Luigi, and here are some others that can make it: Geno, Paper Mario, BowserJr/ Shadow Mario Only having one Newcomer from the Mario series doesn't seem right. I'm just not sure about 5 characters... But, that's just me.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
if you go by the icons, the mario series only has 3 confirmed characters on the dojo, then 4 assuming that luigi is in which there is no reason for him not to be, so then there would be room for one more character from the mario series

if you look yoshi is represented by the "egg" icon and wario by the "W" icon, while mario, peach, and bowser are represented by the "mushroom" icon

so all in all, the mario series has mario, peach, bowser, luigi, and possibly one more

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
This also means that at least one franchise has 5 characters. Nintendo wouldn't make 5 spots for 4 characters.

If this is true, it destroys the "35 character" rumor. I tried adding up the supposed characters and if one series has 5 reps, there isn't enough spots.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That's ridiculous. That'd mean we'd have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser... not a single Mario newcomer.
Yea, I was carried away by the 35 character roster thing.:( But logically we SHOULD have atleast 5 mario reps. I doubt we'd LOSE a Mario rep.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
After this whole sticker thing, I'm finding it more difficult to believe anything that hasn't been carved in stone... For this theory to work, I would have to guess that you're assuming:

1) All "franchise/logo specific" stickers must be usable by all characters from that franchise/logo...
2) All characters, even those that are not unlocked through SSE, are part of SSE...

Have both of these been confirmed? Am I correct in my assumptions? :confused:

sheep dude

Smash Cadet
good finding, also pretty interesting theory, about that thing of one sticker applies to a entire franchise it is possible, maybe those stickers are like "smash attack+number" they would be generic, not like the one from animal crossing that gives magic bonus

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The theory does sound good, and for the person above that stated what about villains, All three Kirby universe brawlers are there and one of them is a villain.
And who said DDD was on the emissary's side? As far as we know he might be on the player's side or maybe he just changes teams(double crosses the emissary maybe?).

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Sorry, double post.
Anyone knows what's going on? SWF has been really slow...

Micro70

Smash Rookie
Not sure if it's been said already... but stickers are only useful stat-wise in SSE, and we already know that some characters aren't playable in SSE, such as Wario and Bowser... they're just bosses. So their icons probably wouldn't show up in the sticker menu.

If your theory is true, it could open up another spot for a character from the Mario series, because Bowser would not be included in the possible icons for a sticker.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The fact that some stickers boost stuff like electric, slash, fire, etc... means that only some may be series specific(only Ness/Lucas and Kirby can use PSI/PK) and not all stickers from a certain series will be character specific, meaning Kirby might be able to equip most stickers, knowing that->what did Groudon boost? If someone has the translation it could tell us what is that pkmn specific stat.

Top Bottom