• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I won't be able to resist doing it

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
With the Feb 10 release date, I would have been able to resist. But with over a month in between for the March 9 release in America, I don't think I can anymore. Sad but the internet is an evil source of everything and I do spend a lot of my time on the net reading one thing or another, and I know I'll run into Brawl material.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I will spoil myself only for the Roster, and the game modes....EXCEPT the Subspace Emissary. So, I still have some things to look toward to....

NukeA6

Smash Master
I can handle the heat. I got my PS2 and a life so the spoilers won't get me. I'll just avoid anything Nintendo till the release date.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I will spoil myself the character roster and how to unlock them. That is it. Maybe some advanced techniques that people have come up with, but besides that I wanna find all the other miscellaneous stuff like the challenge mode by myself

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
I'll know every thing I can before I get the game. There's nothing that could possibly spoil the fun of what I even want the game for, Multiplayer. I'm sorry, I really don't give a rats *** about any other mode. Sure SSE will be fun the first time through, with or without spoilers, but multiplayer and online will be what keeps me in it for years to come. I'll be sure to know how to unlock every character and stage before I even have the game in my hands.

SinHarvester

Smash Rookie
The more I know before the game comes out, the better and faster to get better I will be when it comes out.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
this is why the delay is bad, if japan had got pushed back a month as well i would be angry but the extreme brawl hype i have right now may be dead after a month of KNOWING everything.

even if you spoiled the game a week in advance i think the hype would still be there the next week knowing eveyrthing or not, but a month of watching ppl play it will kill the hype...

Baconater

Smash Cadet
WANT SOOO BAD! I'm gonna try and not look but it's going to be hard not to stumble across anything or have a friend say something. Either way (since no ones angry enough with the delay and all) I see no reason for Geno to be in Brawl. Flaming COMMENCE!

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
I'm stuck in between spoiling and not spoiling...I definetly think the game would be more fun to play if it wasnt' spoiled but...I really want to know! And since the people I'm gonna play with won't know I'll know stuff they don't and be able to tell them about it...and that's always cool.

But I definetly think that going through the game and being suprised constantly by the characters that appear would be ****ing amazingly fun.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I don't really care about Brawl being spoiled for me. I already knew the full roster before I came to play Melee, so the same would go for Brawl.

The only thing I probably won't spoil for myself is Subspace.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Well Australians and Europeans are in an even worse condition.

I can't believe that there isn't even an official release date for us revealed. So yes actually, I will spoil it for myself. Because there's absolutey NO WAY that I can get away from it.

agag19

Smash Rookie
I'll spoil myself in the characters, items, AT categories. Although when it comes to the Subspace Emissary, I would like to experience that first hand without knowing what's going to happen.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'll try to stay away from anything having to do with story mode and unlockable/not announced on the dojo characters, I pretty much just want the starting roster.

kanpyo7

Smash Rookie
I'll be sure to spoil it for myself 100%. It's not like Final Fantasy or anything where there's some huge story, it's just a fighting game. I'm dieing to know all of the characters, stages, even SSE. Bring on the spoilers!

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
I just want the starting roster, that's all I'll find out.
Like smash 64 and smash melee, the starting roster is most probably what is shown on the cover (and maybe the back if there is more) of the game

I had the intention to check only the roster and some matches when the game came in Japan, but with the delay now, I'll probably check everything I can. Even the ways to unlock the secret characters.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...
By the time I got melee for myself I knew every character and how to unlock them and it was fine and I still enjoyed it a ton.
But for some reason, this time around I want to be spoiler-free.
I managed to avoid any spoilers/info about Super Mario Galaxy for about 6 months before it was released to be spoiler-free, but that is (relatively) a much smaller game than Brawl and I ended up having the 120-stars bonus spoiled to me right before I got that far.
My plan is to avoid all non-DOJO spoilers. I definitley can keep away from this site for a month, and most of my other regularly-visited sites are pretty safe. Still, I might just avoid the internet in general.

Actually, I'd love it if someone PM'd me and told me if Sukapon was in, but eh...

The spoiler thing is why I'm upset about the delay. If both were delayed a month I'd understand and be mostly okay with it.

BigBlackNThunderous

Smash Rookie
hm...99% of the people who has been waiting for brawl to come out december, february are furious of another delay. but more time = more developement. that's what i'm saying to comfort myself.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm going to look at the roster, just the roster, and the Dojo updates, no methods for unlocking or anything.

I'm also considering getting a US Wii together with my friends, but it's a very expensive way to play a gave 5 months early.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely NOT checking into the story of SE at all. I want to know the characters, but not anything else really. I kind of wish the dojo would have focused on character and how to play information and left all the things about items, stages, ATs, etc out of our heads until release.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Sorry about the double post.

hm...99% of the people who has been waiting for brawl to come out december, february are furious of another delay. but more time = more developement. that's what i'm saying to comfort myself.
The development of the game is done to my knowledge (Trust me, I've got insider info! I'm kidding). As far as I know, the delay was for reasons all surrounding post production (mass production, localization, advertising, etc.) That's why the game was only delayed a week in Japan and a month here, and probably also why the game takes longer to come out in PAL regions.

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
I live in the UK and even though the wait will kill me knowing that i could easily see everything about the game anytime i wanted, im gonna try like crazy to avoid all sites appart from the dojo.

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
now that i think of it I'm going to get even more depressed.
i really don't wanna spoil everythign although with the dojo Sakurai already has...
The SSE I already watched the first few levels
so Im screwed with that too.

SinHarvester

Smash Rookie
now that i think of it I'm going to get even more depressed.
i really don't wanna spoil everythign although with the dojo Sakurai already has...
The SSE I already watched the first few levels
so Im screwed with that too.
Where did you see the first few levels of SSE? All I've seen is a couple cutscenes.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
There are two ways to avoid spoilers.
1. Stay away from the internet. Since that one is impossible, we go to step 2.
2. Freeze yourself, then wake up when Brawl is released.

Personally, I want to unlock all the characters as fast as possible, and I want to know all their tricks, and figure the rest out for myself.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
OH yeah! I for sure, will be on the internet looking franticlly the day of the launch! I REALLY want to know who's in, and who's out!!!

But...the hard part is waiting the 1+ days AFTER launch for all the unlockables to be unlocked. XD

That will be the hardest part! :p *Japan launch that is! *

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Spoilers aren't even "spoilers" for a game like SSB. You want to unlock all the characters as soon as possible so you can play VS friends.

raul

Smash Lord
Ok, I've got to tell this. When I found all the characters for Melee, I knew it was the correct roster and I told myself over and over for weeks till I bought the game. And when I got said characters I acted surprised.

I know. It is pathetic, but if you smiled, thanks.

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
I'm just gonna learn the character roster and howw to unlock them. I'll avoid anything SSe related though. Unless it's how to unlock a character, of course.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, its a test that few men could accept and follow through with. But for those of you who do do it, I syggest that Smash Boards set up a temporary spoilers section.

Top Bottom