• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I won OBC's second tournament! (Videos Uploaded)

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I just finished playing in the second Online Brawl Community tournament. I got the the finals and the guy who I had to play against was a Pikachu mainer. I am a Wolf mainer. The finals were best 3 of out 5. I beat him in the first to matches and he beat me in the third and fourth matches. In the last match he was winning and he was about to kill me by jumping off the ledge and using Thunder, but I used my side B and sweat spotted him. I was also hit by the Thunder and was sent flying upward. He was able to use his recover move, but just bairly missed the ledge.

Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnfzVHniJhQ - 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJSp-T1cTGw - 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DLXAh_lec - 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KviU72oEG30 - 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2-DTkOKdEM - 5

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
It's the online brawl community. It isn't that big, but they do host tournaments at least once a month.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You love your C-stick, obviously.

Very boring match, you obviously know very little about Wolf (i.e. you don't only use his smashes and B moves). In essence, you got lucky.

This is really nothing to brag about.

orintemple

Smash Lord

Very boring match, you obviously know very little about Wolf (i.e. you don't only use his smashes and B moves). In essence, you got lucky.

This is true, sorry to burst your bubble. Wolf actually has some quite good aerials, there is nothing wrong with chasing Pikachu into the air or off the edge. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then practice more. It is bad playing to just stand there and wait for you enemy to come back to the stage or fall to the ground from the air.

In any case grats on your win.

Linjishu

Smash Rookie
All you did was spam blaster, fsmash, and dsmash.

Oh, but I guess you're playing Wolf and that's all it really takes for him.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman

I actually know everything there is to know about Wolf. The probelm is the lag. There was like a 2 second delay in those matches, which makes using ariels almost impossilbe. It is also safer to stay on the ground with Wolf when you get a high percentage.

I can beat you any day. If you want to play me here's my FC.

3866-7674-6765

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
i CHaLlINgE Y0o0o0u!!!

Right now?

Also oriantemple

I was playing safe on that match. Offline I use his ariels to their full advantage. I don't have any way to record my own matches though. I am way better than I played in that match. The main problem was that the guy who hosted the match was in Canada and I'm in southern United States. The button delay was pretty bad, so I didn't want to risk getting KOed by missing an ariel.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Right now?

Also oriantemple

I was playing safe on that match. Offline I use his ariels to their full advantage. I don't have any way to record my own matches though. I am way better than I played in that match. The main problem was that the guy who hosted the match was in Canada and I'm in southern United States. The button delay was pretty bad, so I didn't want to risk getting KOed by missing an ariel.
Ok, I am not saying your lying. It is completely likely that you had terrible delay, especially that far. Maybe these were just not the right matches to show us. And if it is true that you "know everything there is to know about Wolf" I would like to see some footage of you playing offline against another good player if you have any.

Maybe you can put some vids in the Smash video section.

Zek

Smash Ace
I realize the third guy is there to record the match, but he can't be helping the lag... Him being dead doesn't change the fact that it's 3 players instead of 2.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I am not saying your lying. It is completely likely that you had terrible delay, especially that far. Maybe these were just not the right matches to show us. And if it is true that you "know everything there is to know about Wolf" I would like to see some footage of you playing offline against another good player if you have any.

Maybe you can put some vids in the Smash video section.
I don't have a Camcorder, I only have a Camera, but it can only take about a minute and a half of film.

Anways I will try to find a good match for you. I did play some better matches in this tournament that didn't have as much lag in them.

Also there isn't really anybody that is that good that I can play offline. I can only play against my brothers, but they don't know how to play without items.

Anyways I'll admit that in those matches I was playing like a noob. I didn't want to risk losing the tournament because I missed an ariel and couldn't recover on time. That's why I start spamming lasers, Fsmashes, and Dsmashes. If that wasn't a tournament match, I would have played diffrently since it wouldn't have mattered if I won or loss.

I can send you some better matches that I saved on my Wii if we can exchange Wii numbers.

Also do you want to play a couple of matches with me?

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
wow I actaully thought they were pretty nice matches. and everyone that actually is insulting him and saying taht they want to play and bit this guy. He doesn't give a flying **** your just wasting ur breathe.

Browny

Smash Hater
I actually know everything there is to know about Wolf. The probelm is the lag. There was like a 2 second delay in those matches, which makes using ariels almost impossilbe. It is also safer to stay on the ground with Wolf when you get a high percentage.

3866-7674-6765
hahahaha

ego trip much. do you realise how ridiculous your claim of a 2 second delay is. put it at something reasonable, like around 400ms and then maybe you will make more sense. put it this way, a 2 second delay is twice as long as it takes wolf to fall after being knocked off the stage to his death.

grats on your win, but you should be the last person pulling out excuses, thats the losers job...

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
All I see is a Wolf F-Smasher..
Whenever I watch Wolf vids, I tend to start to count how many times Fsmash is used in the match.
First vid : 15
Second: 13
I'm not going to watch the others.

I was feeling a bit depressed about getting my *** kicked by my friend over wifi the other day, but seeing the level of the finalists of this tournament gives me hope.

Anyways, congratulations on winning.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
the players in these matches look like they read the boards and are following their advice (lots of spamming) but don't really understand these lessons. for example, the wolf was running away and instead of doing a shrl, he just stopped, turned around and shot his laser. sign of someone who is aping good play, but not that well.

Sonork

Smash Cadet
I thought the matches were good, maybe some people here don't understand how much lag effects online matches. Offline you can go out and really harass people, this much harder online due to lag. Like he said he was playing it safe and that was smart of him. Online matches are much different than offline, jumping out after people isn't always the best option especially when your connection to your opponent isn't that great it can often lead to mistakes and stupid deaths.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I thought the matches were good, maybe some people here don't understand how much lag effects online matches. Offline you can go out and really harass people, this much harder online due to lag. Like he said he was playing it safe and that was smart of him. Online matches are much different than offline, jumping out after people isn't always the best option especially when your connection to your opponent isn't that great it can often lead to mistakes and stupid deaths.
Thank you! You finally understand my sitution. The I was playing in those videos are what I call my "noob defense" That is how I play when I'm losing in something that matters if I win or lose and you see? In the end I won because I was playing it safe.

If anybody wants to see how I actually play, just PM me your FC and I'll brawl you.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

3866-7674-6765
I don't play on Wifi. My connection is through a USB 1.1 (i.e. it has 1.5 MB/s upload compared to a USB 2.0's 12 MB/s), and I lag horribly. Once I get FiOS up and running, you're more than welcome to try to beat me. However, don't make blanket statements like 'I know everything there is to know,' because you don't and it makes you sound like an absolute idiot.

Come back an brag when you've won a tourney people have actually heard about, k?

Sonork

Smash Cadet
Srsly, so he's happy about winning an online tournament. I would be too if I won. Why is everyone here so elitist and insist on insulting eachother? You couldn't beat me this, I'm the best that, L2Play you suck.. cmon..

alcheato

Smash Ace
Never heard of OBC, but congrats, dude. To everyone who's just putting him down, at least give constructive criticism instead of just posting negative comments. It only serves to make you seem immature.
Besides, any online matches are never as smooth as matches in person because of the lag on the wifi.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
These ****wits have obviously never played in a laggy environment before. I have and it is really frustrating to have to resort to noob tactics.

The delay makes some characters impossible to play like you'd play offline, and Wolf is one of them.

Good job.

ratchet

Smash Cadet
Very boring matches, even for brawl. I don't know why anyone would waste their time playing online matches when a) the skill level is obviously crap, and b) the slight delay hinders gameplay.

You seem like an egotistical kid to me (after reading this thread), and to be honest you seem like a huge n00b. Where's the bair? The online community must be tiny if this was the finals, cuz I've seen faster paced gameplay from my gf vs. my freinds gf (and trust me that was agonizingly slow). In fact, these spammy matches remind me alot of their matches. Pika spam vs. wolf spam...nice!

Sonork

Smash Cadet
Very boring matches, even for brawl. I don't know why anyone would waste their time playing online matches when a) the skill level is obviously crap, and b) the slight delay hinders gameplay.

You seem like an egotistical kid to me (after reading this thread), and to be honest you seem like a huge n00b. Where's the bair? The online community must be tiny if this was the finals, cuz I've seen faster paced gameplay from my gf vs. my freinds gf (and trust me that was agonizingly slow). In fact, these spammy matches remind me alot of their matches. Pika spam vs. wolf spam...nice!
That was quite the elitest douchebag post there. Well played sir.

Razed

Smash Ace
At all the people hating on your wolf have clearly never played online before.

courage

Smash Apprentice
wow i didn't know there were online tournies as well.

I played online and even though i had no other things connected to the internet i always experience lag...

is this the same for you guys or is it just the people i was playing against?

YoungMoney702

Smash Cadet
"THE FINALS" take it to Game 5 but it was a boring match

everybody lags in the same match so you can't really use that as an excuse for not playing well, happens to me all the times

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice

dude u have to consider that online play and playing someone next to u is completely different.

courage

Smash Apprentice
im not using it as an excuse i haven't even lost a match online yet but i was just saying i don't like that lag is all makes playing it online suck i would rather just go to a tournament with people actually there so they wont say it was the lag either.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I wasn't very impressed actually, pretty boring, but you already gave a decent enough reason. So...still, it's a good match. And congratulations! ^.^v

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
The match was frankly, pathetic. The ending was pretty sweet though. You both overused your neutral B's and all you did was spam smashes.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: I noticed that all the pika players online play the same! to bad the person that be me in a tourny lost this tourny :(

Good Games, if they could be a little more epic though..,.....thatd be the shiz

Top Bottom