• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will translate your message to Japanese and send it POST HERE

Pete278

Smash Lord
Wow, this is the first thing I've seen like this. Thanks mate.

Nick: Pete278

I really want to see King Boo in SSBB. I wanted to see him in SSBM and was dissappointed when I saw he wasn't in it. The other characters I'd like to see in SSBB are Princess Zora, Ridley and Albert Wesker (from Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Resident Evil, respectively). I thank you for putting Zero Suit Samus and Snake in as well.

Balloonist

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Balloonist

I honestly think that Balloon Fighter should make the cut this time. Seeing as he was so close and even made it in the Beta Version of SSB:M, I think that he should finally get his turn. I know that I and many others would enjoy seeing him in the next line up.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
"Hello,

I'd like to see Wolf O'Donnell and Leon Powalski (and maybe Andrew Oikonny) of the Star Wolf team from Star Fox-series. Also, Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun-series would be awesome."

Nickname: Torilla

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: JPCaetano
Message: An item that can freeze time for 8 or 9 seconds. When you hit the characters in this limited amount of time, you can hit them all you want, but you don't see them move a muscle.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Edit- I'm doopid

Name/nick name- Vincent Shigeru Oshiro/ Nightmare KoRn Kid

I'm a long time Fan of Nintendo and I really apreciate the smash brothers game, bringing together all the characters I love. Honestly, though, although Snake maybe an extremely "cool" character I do feel as though my little Nintendo Universe had been shattered and invaded. I am, though, not as disapointed with Solid snake because you're working in collaboration with Konami. What would really sort of drive a dagger through my world would be seeing a huge character from a different world like Sonic, who was basically a long time rival of Nintendo's, in the game... Although many fans would like to see these third party characters, I believe it would pull away from the "Nintendo's All stars" aspect of the game, and truely create a mix or random characters from random series... I don't want this, and all I ask is some limit to the characters that will be allowd into Super smash brothers.
Sincerely
Vincent Shigeru Oshiro.
PS: OLIMAR PLEASE!

Thanks for sending this to Nintendo. Still I feel my plea, and many other people's plea's or dreams, will fall on deaf ears.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Nick Name: Lemon Drop

For my request in the game I would love to see "Balloon Fighter" from the classic NES title "Balloon Fight". I would love also to see King Dedede from the Kirby Franchise, King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Series, Black Shadow from F-Zero Series, Geno from "Super Mario RPG", and I would love to see Little Mac from "Punchout" Make it into the game also.
As for the last character request, I would love to see "Lololo" and "Lalala" from the Kirby Series, they could play similar to the Ice Climbers in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
If all these characters make into the game I think it would make the game that much better.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
To people posting here- Remember to change some words to romanji, like SSB to sumabura.
(Do not send this message to Smashbros jp website). Also, check and review the translation on Google first before you post. Posting the Japanese message and the Translated-back Japanese message helps as well.

Moretai

Smash Rookie
A volcano Level. The fight goes as normal then the volcano will start to shake and the lava spews out. Characters must jump into the air when it comes down to them then jumop on small pieces of land that are left.The lava Clears then the process starts over.

The Hourglass from Tales Of Symphonia as a weapon.When someone grabs it everyone gets frozen for a time (The higher the frozen characters percentage the longer they stay frozen).

Apple and Lemon gels from Tales Of symphonia as healing weapons.Heal 30% 60% depending on which one.

Pokéball to stay as a weapon. I love dthose things and I'm hoping for a lot more pokémon to come out and make appearances.

Kratos Aurion,Zelos Wilder,Presea Combatir,lloyd Irving from Tales Of Symphonia as playable charcters. I thought all of these characters were amazing in the game which i've een playing almost everyday for two years. And i'm sure a lot or other gamers would be happy to see them in this game.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
does anyone think he's really going to translate all these posts, no matter how bad they are?

like, someone suggest King Bob-Omb and Koopa the Quick....c'mon, this is smashbros. not Super Mario 64 Fighting.
"LOL, i want a balloon fighter as character! he'd be so awesome! lolz!"
wtf?...what do u want him to do!?!??!?!

before you just start naming your favorite videogame characters, why not consider if it really makes sense for them to be in a fighting game w/ tons of attacks and special moves. If not..you're like really wasting your time. Its not going to happen.

I really do hope he only translates the more relevant character suggestions. I know if i was the Hal president i really wouldn't wanna to read through 1,000s of suggestions if half of them are for characters that are so limited. c'mon..a goomba? what the hell do u want it to do?

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus said:
does anyone think he's really going to translate all these posts, no matter how bad they are?

like, someone suggest King Bob-Omb and Koopa the Quick....c'mon, this is smashbros. not Super Mario 64 Fighting.
"LOL, i want a balloon fighter as character! he'd be so awesome! lolz!"
wtf?...what do u want him to do!?!??!?!

before you just start naming your favorite videogame characters, why not consider if it really makes sense for them to be in a fighting game w/ tons of attacks and special moves. If not..you're like really wasting your time. Its not going to happen.

I really do hope he only translates the more relevant character suggestions. I know if i was the Hal president i really wouldn't wanna to read through 1,000s of suggestions if half of them are for characters that are so limited. c'mon..a goomba? what the hell do u want it to do?
Yeah, alot of these newbeish suggestions are stupid. Put in more thought before you post.

Neto

Smash Rookie
(Edit)

Name: Christian

Smash bros is very cool and my favorite game since the N64 and for the next game I would like to see a Mother 3 character, specially Flint or Duster. And also try to ask Capcom if Leon S. Kennedy or someone from the Resident Evil series could fight in smash brothers as it would be really awesome.

Thanks you for translating my message and I just want to tell Masahiro Sakurai and all the development team that Smash Bros ROCK!!!...Whish you the best for SSBB.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have one more quick one. This one will be short I promise

Vaztor
For Single Player, may I recommend an unique adventure for every character. For example, Mario going through Mushroom Kingdom, fighting Bowser at the end.
DK going through Kongo Jungle and fighting King K. Rool at the end.
One for every character, and once the player does enough in the game, they can unlock an option to use every character in every scenario.
Like using for example
Diddy Kong going through Mushroom Kingdom to fight Bowser at the end.

Just my suggestions :p

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Name: Wizzlecroff

Dear Developing Staff,

I am conserned with how the online portion of Brawl will work. I have played many games that were good, but failed because of bad online multiplayer. I think most people agree that Halo 2 has the best online multiplayer of most games. In Halo 2, you can join rooms or parties with people on a friend list and are able together to go in for a random game against random people or set up your own game. Many of the online games i have seen, you are unable to communicate with friends and join their parties or invite them to your own. Some games only let you go in randomly, but it would be a lot better to pick if you want random or find a friend that you want to play with.
I would also like to suggest a new gametype. A Capture the Flag gametype. I think this would be really cool. Although, there would be unbalance characters and special maps would have to be made. I wouldn't mind nor be suprised if you rejected Capture the Flag because it would be hard to make it work. You might be able to find a way though.

Kijitow

Smash Cadet
Name: Acerac

Hi. I would like to request Mallow and Geno from Super Mario RPG. They would be great representatives from this classic game, and ample fighters as well. I also think that Little Mac from the Punch Out series would be a nice addition as well. Thank you for your time.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Name: Asbestos BL

Hello Sakurai-san. I recently saw a list of characters you're considering(I am not sure if it is official.. but it gave me ideas!). For the most part, it seemed very interesting. However... one thing bothered me. You suggested Lucas and Claus from Mother 3. Lucas doesn't bother me, but Claus.. he does. While his moveset is rather unique from Lucas' in Mother 3, it is only in his form that would spoil a good deal of the game's ending for those who haven't played it yet. Including him in his childish form would be somewhat untrue to Mother 3... I don't know, it just doesn't seem too right. It's just my opinion. Perhaps he could work as an alternate color scheme for Lucas?

That all aside, I'm very excited for the next SmaBura. It has so much potential, and no matter how you do it, it will be a very impressive game that everybody will enjoy. I also hope you'll take some time to consider a few ideas of mine.. Haha, most of them are related to the Mother series... I'll organize them so it's easier(I hope this isn't too long):

Characters:
Starman-They're from Mother 1 and 2... they make up most of Gyiyg's army, and the fans love them. In the states the largest Mother community is even named and themed after them. They're aliens, and have very unique looks and appearances. Maybe they could move like a squid somehow?
Jeff-He's from Mother 2. He's a projectile fighter so he might be a little out of place. Jeff was one of my favorite characters, to be honest. He used fireworks as weapons and all sorts of gadgets.. he seems like he would be fun to make.
Pokey-He's from the Mother series as well. He's pudgey but like Wario, he could fight. In the game you only fought him in his spider mecha.. but he was a prankster, and had slingshots and a yoyo and stink bombs, the kind of things pranksters and troublemakers carry. He seems like he could be fun just to watch.
Last Mother character... Flint. He's from Mother 3. He was Lucas and Claus' dad(but you probably knew this), and he seemed to be very strong and good with his fists. Also, he used a plank of wood as a weapon. I believe you said something about adding lots of weird things? Hehe. His abilities are unique too.. he incrases his damage and flails about wildly... stat changing isn't something yet seen in SmaBura.

Also, I am not sure if it is true, but you are considering RockMan? If so, please add the RockMan DASH! version. He needs more attention.

Items:
The Box: From Metal Gear. If a character had this, they could move back and forth behind the action of the fight, and burst out to attack and expose themselves to damage again. It might be fun.

Single Player:
I heard you wanted to pay attention to the single player mode, too? If so.. some how come up with a story, please. As much as I enjoy the series, I always wonder, "Why is it that Mario is punching Link? Did he run off with Mario's mushroom?" It would be very enjoyable if the single player had some deal of depth to it.. maybe expand on the adventure mode this way?

Online or Multiplayer:
It would be fun to be able to compare game records online(KOs and such) and have maybe some multiplayer adventure mode to enjoy.

Most important:
Just do your best and have as much fun with making the game as we all will playing it.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
name:lishy

message:Me and alot of People were posting that they hope for co op mode,
well maybe we can make co op mode whcih is somthing in between normal and hard,hard,very hard.You get to play adventure mode and the other stuff at the same time with your friend putting your team stragedy's to use.it would encourage teamwork and friendlyer players,this will be a very good feture.

btw for adventure mode lets make files =O

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Bobby

Please keep lcanceling and Wding, think about an airdash for some char which would work like Guilty Gear where an airdash would remove a second jump when u use it.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
Bob Money said:
Bobby

Please keep lcanceling and Wding...
I get blasted for suggesting two mini bosses but nobody says a thing when the 300th post of "keep L-canceling" (which has been in Smash since the N64 version) and "keep wavedashing" (which is bound to get tweaked for obvious reasons, no matter how much we whine)? Gotta be kiddin' me.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Lemon Drop said:
For my request in the game I would love to see "Balloon Fighter" from the classic NES title "Balloon Fight". I would love also to see King Dedede from the Kirby Franchise, King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Series, Black Shadow from F-Zero Series, Geno from "Super Mario RPG", and I would love to see Little Mac from "Punchout" Make it into the game also.
As for the last character request, I would love to see "Lololo" and "Lalala" from the Kirby Series, they could play similar to the Ice Climbers in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
If all these characters make into the game I think it would make the game that much better.
I find Balloon Fighter to fit a Mario Party game excellently...
and Black Shadow could become the moveset replacement for Ganondorf

Jink

Smash Apprentice
Hi I'm new here, but I've been Smashing since its begining

NickName: Jink

Characters:
-Viewtyful Joe
-Rock Man (MegaMan Classic)
-Proto Man (Intead of Zero)
-Some characters from ResidentEvil series (like Jill, etc.)
(I think it is possible because Capcom worked almost completely in the Oracles Zelda Games, so there's a strong conection)
-WindWaker's Link, with his super spin attack, and controlable, stronger than normal Link's but with the Dizzyness recovery, and with the Grapling Hook.
-A Dark Link that can kick Marth out-fast.
-Ganondorf with his Sword.
-Agahim (from A Link to the Past)
-SolidSnake (PS1's MGS costum, it looks better than his MGS2's)
-Metal Gear it self
-ZeroSuitSamus to be Dominantly-sexy, since she has a whip-like-sword beam weapon (dont missunderstand me, I respect her, but that wouldn't hurt anyone)
-Bobble Bubble's dragons
-Bill Razer, and others from Contra staff.
-Nights from Sega Saturn
-Captain N, he sould have been in SSB a long time ago.
-Very rarely and maybe not possible, but a character from SoulCalibur series, like Nightmare or Siegfried, etc.
-Andross from SNES's StarFox
-"Phyco" Mantis from MGS1.
-DonkeyKong Jr. from NES's DK-Jr.
-Very hard if possible, BattleToads: Rash, Zitz and Pimple, also Big Black, RoboManus, General Slaughter and ofcurse Dark Queen (I agree on SSBB in needs of more females)
-Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon
-The A-TA,A-TA,A-TA!!!! character from NES's Kung Fu, the main character.

SSBB Stages:
-Put Bouser's castle from SuperMarioBros. make it like those wide stages from SSBM but the top covered with a side-to-side "celling", since they're inside the castle that could make a good independent stage where players would have to throw opponents side ways only. ofcurse, lava pits can be in it. (mix SMBros1 stages: 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, etc.)
-if Nintendo is bringing back stages with obstakles(like the Tornado from Link's stage from SSB.), then put an options to turn them off, or to control how often they'll come out.

In-Depth gameplay:
-More balance betwin characters (olds and news ones)(and this dose not need explination).
-Charge attacks like F+(A-Hold), should give a great deal of shield damage or even break them, at least for not-so-good-offensive-characters.
-Dont remove: Crouch-Deffence, Short-Jump, Evades and AirEvades, Universal Shield-Deflect, Wave-Dashing(not so favorite but its cool), blah.blah.
-Add more In-Depth factor to the game rather than be played by glitches.
-If a characters has a fast Air-D+A that meteor's your opponent it can be balaced with lesser good moves overall, Unlike Marth, Falco, etc., that can win by a few stikes.
-A Universal-Back-Turned Attack would be nice, (some fast and some turns you around)

Looks:
-Return Character's battle intros
-More dramatic crowd, cheers and Critics like a big BOOOOOOOO!!!!!
-In-Stage win poses, without goin to the dark-screen.
-More colors to Characters with alternate out fits. like Peach on SSBM, her color changed the apparience of the textures in her costum.
-More Base on Music, the music of SSBM lacked from Base
-Dont take out Photo mode.

Out of the Game request:
-To nintendo to release game-specs review before the game comes out, like thouse promotions Namco did for Tekken and SC3, where they explain basic In-Depth changes to the game, that would be cool to watch.

Green Whale

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Green Whale

Suggestion: Smeargle

Each of his B moves would copy the character attacked for the rest of the match. For example: if he used Up B on Mario he would use Mario's uppercut; Neutral B on Fox, his laser; Down B on Yoshi, hi hip drop; Forward B on Samus, her Missle. This would make a very versatile, and at times highly dangerous, or even almost worthless character. Of course there would be some things to work out, such as Zelda and Sheiks Down B's, and it probably wouldn't work on special characters like Master Hand and maybe Giga Bowser. His A moves would probably be rather weak in case he did manage to get a good set of moves (Kind of like his relatively low stats in Pokemon)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I know, I do a lot of these.

----------------------------------
Nickname: Resting_Fox

Subject: Character

After seeing the poll results you selected to post on your website, I was surprised to not see many more obvious character choices. I guess most of the fans want to support the characters they find less likely, and thus forget entirely about those who seem like obvious candidates.

Anyway, I think I would like to name off a few of these candidates who, in my opinion seem like obvious picks.

-Little Mac from Punch out. He could use many of the moves that his opponents used in the Punch-out titles.

-Diddy Kong from the DK Country classics on Super Famicom. I was stunned to see K. Rool and not Diddy, but I suppose it supports my theory.

-Mach Rider to replace Ganondorf as Falcon's clone, and to promote the Vitual console.

-Ridley from Metroid. He's the classic metroid Villian and if his size were about that as shown in the Melee intro video, he could be a well balanced fighter. But considering there are already two winged characters, any more might be an overload.

-And Koopa Troopa. Who although is a minor character, has meny fans who would play as him, and seems like he could have a viable moveset based on all his incarnations throughout Mario History. For instance the Boomerang brothers, the hammer brothers, and the different colored shells from Super Mario World. Hammer Brothers could easily be an alternate costume of Koopa Troopa.

Sincerely Resting Fox.
----------------------------------------
Whoo, that was a long one

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Nickname: Shadow

Suggestion: Sigurd, Celice or Young Alvis (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)

Although Marth was the first 'Lord' character, there hasn't been a main character who has defined the Fire Emblem series quite like Sigurd has done so. He'd fit perfectly into the general flow of the game and I feel its a shame that none of the characters from the epic Judgral world of the series never made it into the roster. Celice or Sigurd would be very welcome or even Alvis being one of the best developed characters and who spanned over the the 2 generations of the game as both a hero and a villain. Seeing any of them brought back to life in full glory would be a worthy addition to the already great roster of all-stars in the game.
It'd be great if they even got their own stage, perhaps Bahara castle where the final battles of both generations took place with a raging background in the background.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Nickname: BruK

Suggestion: Music from SNES's Starfox and Stamina Mode

I wouldn't like to see Stamina Mode as a "Special Melee" set, but as a Battle Set, where you can choose how much HP per character, etc. or maybe you could combine Stamina+Stock as you did with Stock+Time (or maybe Stamina+Stock+Time). I think Stamina matches were more popular than Coin matches or Bonus matches.
Also I would like to request and fully orchestrated version of SNES's Star Fox CORNERIA theme that was so great.
Thankyou!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright. Heres mine. Thank you for this By the way.

Nickname: ...!

Subject: Reflections concerning the character (To paraphrase babelfish :laugh: )

Body:

Hello, I want to say that I love everything about SmaBura, and I am so excited for the newest installment. I do have a suggestion for a character, though.

I would love it if you would get permission to include the Prince of all Cosmos from Namco's "Katamari Damacy" games. His attacks might be launched via his Katamari, and you might use a gameplay mechanic where he would roll up pieces of the stage and use them in an attack. Also, he could borrow some attacks from his Father, the King of all Cosmos, like his Laser eyes and "Royal Rainbow."

If this could happen I would be happy. Thank you for a great game.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Would you please request the following for me.

include all the original and melee levels AND include a MIRROR option do not switch the characters just the level around it adds amazing replay value and makes each level seem new.

I have tried it with my projector by flipping the screen and it makes each level look compleatly different.

also, could you incorperate a wii control and a Game cube standard control.... (not my suggestion but i think it should be an option)

allow multipule songs on ALL levels as an option or a as a button combo(have first player control it) you could hold L or R or both (three songs per level)(and if you want to do the sheik transform you can still hold A)

control level distractions (on or off) i.e. the kirby tree blowing, the arwings attacking, bullet bill ect.

Thanks

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
HA! This is certainly a good topic. I was hoping someone would show up to properly translate requests. I thank you deeply for this.

Before I move on to my suggestions, I have a question. For username, do you have to be a member of the NoJ website? Because I don't have a nickname there. If not, then just use the username I supply for you. Again, thank you very much for this.

-----------------------------------------------------

Name: Kagato

Subject: Character and Gameplay Suggestions

Body:

I thank you for including Solid Snake as a playable character. It introduces new and exciting additions to the Super Smash Bros world as well as opens the door to many more possibilities in character choices. I have some character ideas that I hope you consider. I will list the character name and the Game in which they first appeared in parenthesis.

1. Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic The Hedgehog)
2. Knuckles The Echidna (Sonic and Knuckles)
3. Tails (Sonic The Hedgehog 2)
4. MegaMan X (MegaMan X)
5. Zero (MegaMan X)
6. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
7. Ridley (Metroid)
8. Simon (Castlevania)
9. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
10. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
11. Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
12. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
13. Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
14. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)
15. The King of All Cosmos (Katamari Damacy)
16. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
17. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
18. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
19. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
20. Ansem (Kingdom Hearts)

I hope at least a few of my ideas are considered. As far as gameplay ideas, I only have one. My idea is a new game mode that would probably be fun.

Keep Away - When the game starts, there will be a flag somewhere on the map. The flag, when obtained, works just like a melee weapon like a Beam Saber or Home Run Bat. The person with the flag can hold it or throw it. When the flag is thrown off the map or someone is knocked out of the map while holding the flag, the flag reappears in a random spot on the map. The match is a time match game and the winner is determined by whoever either has the flag at the end of the match, or by whoever held the flag the longest time. Sudden Death games would be a minute long to allow plenty of time to fight for supremacy. If someone holding the flag is hit by a powerful attack or item, the flag is dropped on the spot for someone else to pick up, so a player doesn't have to be knocked out of the map in order for another player to have his or her chance. This style of game would also promote more teamwork and would have more of that "keep away" feel. In a 2 on 2 match, one team with the flag can throw the flag to each other to make sure the other team doesn't have an easy chance of stealing the flag away.

I hope the staff takes my ideas under consideration. The new Super Smash Bros game looks like it will be incredibly fun. I wish everyone the best of luck. Thank you for your time.

Phlippie

Smash Cadet
Name: Phlippie

just a suggestion
PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANY POKEMON TRAINERS AS CHARACTERS!!!
It'll take too long for someone to throw the pokeball, call the attack name, execute the actual attack, and then return it. That's just missing the uniqueness of the pokemon franchise.

Pyro706

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Pyro706

Dear Development Staff

We appreciate that you are asking the fans for imput for your future release. The previews are looking fabulous so far!

Now let's go to my selection of characters I want for this game:

Lyn (Fire Emblem 7) - Possibly one of the more popular Fire Emblem candidates that people would want in this game. In addition to her agile sword-wielding skills, her archery skills are exceptional.

King Dedede (Kirby) - What's a Kirby character doing without its arch-nemesis? Dedede has the ability to float around like Kirby. With his trusty mallet, he wreaks havok across the arena!

Wolf O'Donnell (Starfox) - Fox's enemy/rival and the leader of Starwolf. As Fox is more noble, Wolf is far more aggressive in his style of fighting. In the skies or on foot, Wolf is as tough as he gets!

Krystal (Starfox) - She can own her enemies with her trusty staff in hand.

Ray 01 (Custom Robo) - Make sure not to forget this franchise! With the occurrence of the Fire Emblem series localizing in North America and introducing characters into SSBM like Marth and Roy, then why not this franchise too?

Thank you for your time, and I hope that you'll produce an awe-inspiring and awesome game!

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Dear SSBB development staff:

I have been playing smash since the first game came out on the N64. I love this game and will be happy with whoever you put in the game. What is more important to me then what characters are in SSBB is things that make smash harder to play. One of the most annoying things about smash is the damage indicators get in the way because they are very big and way to obtrusive. Can you please make them smaller and make them turn transparent when characters are behind them? That will tremendously help game play.

Thanks,
DragonsShadows

Exodia_Dragon

Smash Rookie
Name: Exodia_Dragon

Subject: Reflection Concerning the characters and gameplay
Dear SSBB Devolpment Staff,

First I would like to thank you for listening to the ideas of your customers. I personally have some ideas about some characters that I feel should be added to the game. Since you are already working with Konami, (Snake) an idea popped in my head to add two more Konami characters, characters from one of the biggest TCG's out there, Yu-Gi-Oh. The characters I would add would be the Dark Magician and the Dark Magician Girl. The character moves would be similar to each other. Some fans might prefer the newer GX monsters, like E. Hero Flame Wingman. I feel it would be good for marketing.

Since you are adding new characters from other games, I was thinking that you could work with NAMCO and add in some of there soul calibur characters, Nightmare and Kilik in particular. I loved Soul Calibur 2 with Link for the Gamecube. I feel it would only be fair to allow Link a shot to duke it out with the Soul Calibur Warriors again.

I do have some characters that I would like to see from nintendo games to debut in here such as Lyndis. I feel she deserves a spot as she was the first female Lord who became a Great Lord in Fire Emblem history. She holds a changing point in the game. The other character that I feel should be in the game happens to be from Eternal Darkness. I don't know how the game sales went but, I feel Alexandria Rovias should get her shot to battle. It would also allow a second release of Eternal Darkness. This time it could bring in some more RPG fans who want to give the game a shot.

I do feel a mechanic should change. In my opinion there should be more than one boss. There should be mini bosses in Adventure Mode where you could fight some of the bigger characters that people feel shouldn't be made into characters such as Ridley, The Black Knight (Fire Emblem), Dracula (Castlevania) , King K. Krool etc. Master Hand, and Crazy hand can still be the final bosses. Maybe even a 2 player Adventure mode would seem fun.

Thanks for listening to my ideas and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Exodia_Dragon

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Name: 05FireStingray

Subject: Regarding Characters

Text:

Dear Sakurai-san and Development Staff;

First of all, I want to thank you and you team for offering us, the fans, a chance to have our input in the final product. My suggestion regards the inclusion of classic Nintendo characters, as well as core Nintendo franchise characters.

First, I would really like to see Mach Rider from the 1985 motorcycle game make a return. Not only would he be a good character choice, but it would serve as a means to revive a classic yet neglected franchise that holds so much potential, which is the same effect I see the inclusion of Pit in regard to the Kid Icarus series. Another great candidate would be Mike Jones from the Star Tropics series. Unfortunately, this series never was released in Japan despite the fact it was developed there. With a very similar build to Zelda, Mike Jones can incorporate many of the items he recieves throughout the game as attacks, just like Link. Takamaru, a character from the Nazo no Murasame series is also a good candidate, as his series needs new life.

Regarding core franchinse characters, I would like to see Ridley and possibly Weavel from the Metroid series, Krystal (with staff and moves based on Star Fox Adventures) and Wolf from the Star Fox series, Samurai Goroh and possibly Deathborn from the F-Zero series, and Lyndis from Fire Emblem 7 and the Black Knight from Fire Emblem 9, as well as characters from the recent Golden Sun series.

That's all I have to say, and sorry for it being so legnthy. I want to congradulate you for your hard work and accomplishment and hope the project goes well. Thankyou again so much!

-- 05FireStingRay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a whole lot West Coast Wes for providing this service.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wes, could you or anyone else possibly post a list of English requests(So the ones in this topic) that have been send to the Japanese site already?

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Nickname: MaP

Hello. I would greatly appreciate it if you would look into a few ideas of mine. Thank you.

Characters:

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Sunshine)

-Being a recurring main villain, Bowser Jr. has easily secured this spot. He could use his paintbrush as a weapon to aid him. Alternately, he could act as a clone of Bowser.

Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2)

-One of four characters in that game, and a recurring one afterward, Toad is a sure bet. He would probably end up being a fast, light powerhouse, due to his style in SMB2, but would have limited jumps.

Koopa (Super Mario Bros.)

-Having appeared as enemies or fellow competitors in many Mario titles, Koopa would be a shoo-in. Clearly he would be similar to Bowser, yet not that much, being much lighter and weaker.

Vaati (Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)

-Being the main villain of three Zelda games, Vaati is a logical choice for playablity. He would probably be in his sorcerer form, from the Minish Cap, and would use various spells in combat.

Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

-With Majora's Mask, Skull Kid would be a force to reckon with. The power of the mask would enable him to use its tentacles in battle, as well as sorcery.

Fierce Deity (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

-The Fierce Deity would be another swordsman, with a completely different style from Link. His sword would be heavier, as opposed to Link's light, quick strokes.

Other Zelda suggestions: Ganondorf should be given the broadsword that was displayed in his victory sequences in SSBM.

King Dedede (Kirby's Dreamland)

-Being a major boss in several Kirby games, Dedede would be a worthy addition. He could fight with his trademark hammer, and jump similarly to Kirby.

Deoxys (Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire)

-Being a legendary Pokémon, and a popular one at that, Deoxys could change between his forms depending on his current status. When he is standing still, jumping, or moving slowly, he would stay in Normal form. His Attack form would be triggered by an attack. When dashing, he would change to Speed mode. His Defense mode would be some type of shield.

Plusle and Minun (Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire)

-The next generation of Pikachu, these two would be Pikachu clones, even lighter than Pichu, with an Ice Climber-like tag team.

Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)

-Diddy Kong, being DK's sidekick, would be completely logical. He would be equipped with all his Donkey Kong Country moves, such as his peanut gun and barrel jetpack.

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)

-Samurai Goroh, Captain Falcon's long-time rival and recurring character of the F-Zero games, could replace Ganondorf as a clone of C. Falcon.

Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)

-Her staff in that game gives her the potential to become the most original character from the Star Fox games. She could use the staff in combat and become deadly with it.

Ridley (Metroid)

-Although clearly he would have to be scaled to fit the other characters, Ridley could be a devastating powerhouse, exemplifying the flying traits of Meta-Knight, with the raw power of Bowser.

Lyndis (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)

-The first female Lord of the series, Lyn should be playable. She would be a speed-based swordsman.

Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)

-The Lord of a legendary Fire Emblem game, Sigurd should be playable. Another swordsman, he would presumably be more altered from Marth.

Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)

-Star of a classic game, this character would be a very original character, using his balloons to float like Mewtwo does, and presumably have multiple jumps.

I will do more later. Thank you.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nickname: Stompman

Thank you for allowing us to submit our ideas for characters. Here's a list of potential characters that I would like to see in the game.

Characters that I would like to see:

Little Mac from Punch Out

Little Mac would be almost too perfect in this game. Naturally, he is a boxer type character, but he could use moves from several of the other Punch Out fighters like Bald Bull's charge and Soda Popinski's spinning punch. He was an important character in the early days of Nintendo, and I for one would love to hear what an updated version of the Punch Out theme would sound like!

Paula, Jeff, Poo and Starman from Mother 2

I have always been a fan of the Mother 2 and would be ecstatic to see more characters from that series appear in the game. Paula and Poo would be similar to Ness, Paula would use a freeze type attack for her "neutral B" and Poo's Starstorm could create a column of damage, similar to Pikachu's Thunder. Jeff and the Starmen could function like the clones, having a blaster type attack and a Samus style rocket launcher.

Mike Jones from Star Tropics

This character is very similar to the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch in that almost nobody knows who he is, but being in the game could arouse interest in him similar to those two characters. Mike's attacks could get less powerful as he takes more damage, similar to how his yo-yo degenerated into it's lesser forms as he lost hearts in Star Tropics. Also, he could have some of the secondary items from Star Tropics like the Baseball bat and such.

Thank you for your consideration

Sanji3000

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Sanji

Thanks for leting me suggest characters for your game, and I hope you find my list useful.

Little Mac (Punch Out)
He'd be the perfect addition to this game, everyone loves him and Super Smash Brothers needs more fist based fighters. He could do various charge up punches and upper cuts and would be a totally new character to use.

Mona (Wario Ware)
It'd be nice to have someone from Wario Ware along with Wario. I think Mona would be and intresting choice because she seems to have a nice fan base. Her moves could be based off her Wario Ware mini games. She could also have her monkey help her from the first Wario Ware.

Wolf O'Donell (Star Fox)
I've wanted this guy in since the first Super Smash Brothers. He is perfect considering he is the arch rival of Fox and haveing more villens would be great.

Krystal (Star Fox)
Krystal would also make a nice addition to the SSB series. Her staff would provide and intresting weapon, it could be used like a sword for her A moves while it could do things such as shooting fireballs for her B moves.

Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic)
Sonic would be such a nice addition o this game. People have wanted to see him fight with or along Mario for years and with Super Smash Brothers Brawl that can finally be possible. He would be one of the faster characters of course, maybe a little on the light side.

Thanks -West Coast Wes- your awesome!! :chuckle:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
West Coast Wes,

Here is a letter I wrote regarding SSBB. I tried to shorten it as much as possible, but it's a bit long still. I think there might be a limit on that website for length, but I'll leave it to you to trim where necessary. (The last paragraph can go first, and maybe the greeting or something, but try to simplify rather than cut... again, I'll let you be the judge.) Oh and you can ommit the sentence explaining wavedashing if you think it isn't needed. Thanks for doing this for everyone!

Edit: Oh, and I IMed you about this, but here's some nicknames, in case one or more don't work. Mike, Lava, Michael, Rea, Clipper Ship, House Maid. Let me know which you use, thanks!

ALL of the following is the letter I wish to have translated. Good luck!

Sakurai-san and team,

There is the issue of how to direct attacks and move/jump/dash using the nunchukas style controller. Is this even going to be available? I read somewhere that you thought it would be too complicated? I was looking forward to a new control style, but I know your judgement is trustworthy. Flicking the remote left, right, up, or down for smash attacks, or using the tilt or point to dash might be fun, but don’t force it if it doesn’t work nicely of course.

Please allow for wavedashing to be as it was in the original, (Jump and air dodge diagonally into the ground without leaving it.) unless you have a better method or idea to ensure the game’s depth.

Maybe the the anologue stick will still dash/walk the same as Melee, and the remote’s motion sensing could SOLELY be used to aim arial attacks. This would replace the C-stick, thereby allowing you to continue directing backward, while attacking forward, instead of having to push the anologue stick forward, which cancels backward momentum.

At least try to think of SOME use for the motion sensing, or have the option to play with the nunchukas style OR classic style. Maybe some cool motion sensing mini-games or modes.

Plus a giant in depth 4 player cooperative mode would be cool with players going through side scrolling levels either battling many weak fighters, or one difficult boss, all the while dodging hazards.

Thank you very much for reading, and I would love to hear back from you!

-Michael

(contact me at michaeltrea@gmail.com)

Also did you get my list of 28 characters? (plus 3) I would like to know what you think.

Top Bottom