• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I would love that. At this point, I prefer more costumes including fixing the current 2 ones already released to be full characters. I would rather get new series like Crash or Rayman with the DLC spots (although I doubt we will get either).
Speaking of Crash and Rayman, if they aren't coming as DLC they might get deluxe mii costumes. To get back on topic, there are plentiful of obscure Sonic characters that I would love to see as mii costumes, spirits, or assist trophies.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman

SonicMario

Smash Master
Some good news for our lil' Foxboy. He seems to be an option to play as in Sonic Colors Ultimate

Unfortunately, I must somewhat put up a correction on this. It seems these may only be online icon where the life icon is changed but otherwise you're still playing as just Sonic here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

SonicMario

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I must somewhat put up a correction on this. It seems these may only be online icon where the life icon is changed but otherwise you're still playing as just Sonic here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Buuuuut maybe a correction of a correction?

So now I'm just confused lol if it is true Tails is going to be playable. It's possible that they have the life icon up but they have Sonic in the screenshots because they haven't finished Tails yet. Sonic is in as a placeholder until they're done with the playable Tails model/animations.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Buuuuut maybe a correction of a correction?

So now I'm just confused lol if it is true Tails is going to be playable. It's possible that they have the life icon up but they have Sonic in the screenshots because they haven't finished Tails yet. Sonic is in as a placeholder until they're done with the playable Tails model/animations.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Customizable life icons seems like the most pointless thing in the world to me. I thought the player icons meant the icon for the save file itself

If the screenshots are real I think they most definitely imply Tails is playable
I'm more concerned on whether the screenshots are even real or not in the first place, because that icon looks very fake to me, it's too big and has a completely different style to Sonic's life icon

SonicMario

Smash Master

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think what's more important is that despite Heihachi being a Mii Costume in the first pass of FP2, Kazuya still got in

Tails's Costume was all the way back in first pack of FP1, so I think this reveal does good things for Tails perceived chance, maybe.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Kazuya and Tails are both non-primary 3rd party reps.
Kazuya's one of the main characters of Tekken, though (along with Heihachi and Jin). It's not like Sonic the Hedgehog or Street Fighter, where the first character that you'd add from those series is really obvious - it's more like Castlevania or King of Fighters, where there are a few possible options and you could argue it several different ways.

Sephiroth definitely seems like a step in the right direction for Tails (since it shows that third party series can get multiple unique fighters, and they've got no problem with adding a second character from a third party game/series through DLC), but from what little I know about Tekken, I'm not sure how that applies to Kazuya.

SonicMario

Smash Master

Who knew Super Monkey Ball would be our hero Tails-wise?

Anyway, that was a really good direct. I'm not much into Tekken but I understand the inclusion. Though Kazuya's probably our last 3rd party character barring the last character being revealed at The Game Awards. If the next character is in a mystery presentation ala Byleth or a Fall Direct. I think we're likely getting a 1st Party character. Mario Party and WarioWare softened much of the blow for me any remaining chance of say... Crash making it in all but gone.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Honestly, Kazuya being in Smash Bros isn't going to affect Tails' chances at all seeing as Bandai-Namco and Sega are two different companies. I think the best thing to do is keep our fingers crossed and hope he gets in.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord

Who knew Super Monkey Ball would be our hero Tails-wise?

Anyway, that was a really good direct. I'm not much into Tekken but I understand the inclusion. Though Kazuya's probably our last 3rd party character barring the last character being revealed at The Game Awards. If the next character is in a mystery presentation ala Byleth or a Fall Direct. I think we're likely getting a 1st Party character. Mario Party and WarioWare softened much of the blow for me any remaining chance of say... Crash making it in all but gone.
There's nothing implying that the final DLC character will be 1st party. There's still a chance of getting another 3rd party.

But on the bright side, Crash Bandicoot and Rayman might get mii costumes.

SonicMario

Smash Master

Daaaaaaaamn, no mercy if you fall too many times from Tails in Sonic Colors Ultimate. But yeah, Tails is actually Sonic's life counter in general in this version

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do wish we lived in a world where we got a Tails echo of Sonic (obviously a few changes) in the base game... with Dr Eggman is a newcomer.

Now, however, I think I have switch to just want Eggman (not that I would be upset with Tails, but I have hopped onto the reasoning of Eggman over Tails).

Top Bottom