• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was thinking and...

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if you could do donkeys side-b wait for them to come out of the ground dair them and then do it over and over? Or try something like ganons side-b if they attack while they are on the ground sheild and then side-b, or if you see the roll run towards them and side-b then dair again. I know it could be teched out of but it could work on noobs. So if anybody has some spare time you can try this. I know this probably wont work but who cares just seems like a good idea.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Dair has too much landing lag, so your opponent can just roll out of the way.

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
But you can get the dair out in a full jump with no landing lag and with a full jump thats about how high my test dummy was going.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
But you can get the dair out in a full jump with no landing lag and with a full jump thats about how high my test dummy was going.
Yeah, but any opponent with a working control stick will get out of this...

Anarchy United

Smash Rookie
I had a thought once. Then I forgot it. Never did I share it with another, so did that thought ever really exist? Or, does the mere fact I at one point knew of this thought validate its existence, and if I'm talking about it, does that not imply its existence. So many questions provoked in such odd places...

*goes back to my fellow English Majors*

Tujex

Smash Ace
Hmmm....I'll try to give this a shot next time I'm brawling with some friends. This sounds like a good idea, but at the same time...I don't see it working to well.

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
I was testing this in training mode and actually got 3 consecutive hits: side-b, dair, side-b. I also figured out that when you dair right out of the fulljump u can get a side-b in before landing

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
This is the kind of combo that would look really sweet in a video, but probably isn't actually a good idea if you are just trying to win.

Mith_

Smash Champion
it would be a nice gimmick for DK, could keep people from getting on platforms in fear of getting locked, but i doubt this would work reliably enough to warrant practicing.

and can't the opponent tech the dair?

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
it would be a nice gimmick for DK, could keep people from getting on platforms in fear of getting locked, but i doubt this would work reliably enough to warrant practicing.

and can't the opponent tech the dair?
Yes, but you could try to techchase with the next headbutt.

I think the bigger concern is that you would pretty much have to fluke into timing it right.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Well if you did it on a platform like people say, teching isn't going to help. If memory recalls, the tech/roll animation is about the same as the Headbutt animation or a little longer....so teching on a platform would still get you caugh in the SideB depending on platform length. I think the HB would pretty much cover an entire BF platform which would allow for locking them to the limits of the platform edges while you combo them.

Top Bottom