• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to make a video.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But I am in need of another fox who can laser backwards across FD without turning around. Imagine two fox's facing opposite directions going back and fourth across stages in patterns and such.

Note: It is very very hard to do this. I could not find another fox at FCD who could do it consistantly. M2K and DaShizWiz could sort of do it but not more then 2 or 3 times in a row... I never saw Silent Wolf try and do it but he told me he could not because of they way he holds the controller or something. Though seeing as how amazingly technical he is I bet he could get it if he practiced it for a little bit. If someone can do this then teach another fox player how and put a video online of it that would be awesome. I have the idea in my head but I need another fox player who can do this...

Maybe I could just do it like double mint? That wouldn't be as cool though >_>...

I will get a video up of what I mean realtivly soon...Silent Wolf knows what I am talking about but if any of you fox players think you can do it then put a video up. :). It is very entertaining to watch. I want to see videos people!

Silent Wolf: Nice matchs at FC :). I love how your fox plays. Very impressive. I expect you to be able to do this with practice lol because I need another fox who can!!! I have pretty much got your shine turnaround waveshining down but thats it. I am working on your other technical stuff...very hard. Good job at FC. 13th is very impressive :).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
not rshdl because he said without turning around

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nope.

This is not advancing RSHDL.

This is not turning around after a SHL.

You do not turn around during this. Like I said...this is very hard. MewtwoKing and DaShizWiz could not do it consistantly and Silent Wolf said he could not do it.(though they have never practiced it before and I am sure they could if they practiced it) You have to Shdl and the DI backwards or forwards on the way up and down without turning around. You do this from standing still then move across the stage this way. You never dash or run or walk on the ground.

Sh.
---
DI backwards without turning around and still SHDL.
---

Repeat.

You can also weave in and out making a V like pattern while doing this if you are good enough. This is Double lasering better then they did in perfect control.

takieddine

Smash Master
A retreating SHDL without actually turning around, thats harder than i thought then...

its like retreating double fair with Marth amirite?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A retreating SHDL without actually turning around, thats harder than i thought then...

its like retreating double fair with Marth amirite?
You have the idea but it is much harder then that. With marth you can do that easily by holding backwards and using the C-stick. Also the timing is easier in the first place.

While doing this there is no shortcuts or easy way to do it. I cannot find another fox who can do it aside from myself.

Here is my suggestion:

Hold the controller differently. Use your index finger and your thumb on the control stick. Get used to Shing with the control stick and then double laser by flicking the control stick up with your thumb and double lasering and then pulling backwards on it with your index finger.

That is probably the only way you can do this 100%. Especially if you want to weave back and fourth. I seriously sat down with M2K and DaShizWiz and niether of them could do it. Though they were both starting to get it and I'm sure they could with practice.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I could do this but I don't understand it? Can you post a video of you doing it?

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
after about an hour and a half of countless illusion suicides and accidental RSHDL's i got about 3 quarters of the way across FD once so...thats embarrising. sorry i cant do it and i dont think i will every try it again as long as i live. id be better off practicing the world record for JC shines.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
after about an hour and a half of countless illusion suicides and accidental RSHDL's i got about 3 quarters of the way across FD once so...thats embarrising. sorry i cant do it and i dont think i will every try it again as long as i live. id be better off practicing the world record for JC shines.
LOL wow. There has to be someone aside from me that can do this XD.

C'mon people..it IS possible. I need another fox who can do this to make the video :(. So far though it looks like I am going to have to use the double mint trick. But then I can't do the cool patterns I wanted in the video >_>...Bah.

I made a thread about this before if anyone remembers. Everyone said it was easy and they could all do it..but I don't think any of them knew what I was talking about. This is it.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
anyone that says they can do something without a video is most likely full of ****. your too super leet tech sauce skilllizzles for the rest of us foxes.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Don't go doubting Hylian's laser skillz mang. They're probably the strongest aspect of his game.

ps: Hyli I am about to PM you about something

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't go doubting Hylian's laser skillz mang. They're probably the strongest aspect of his game.

ps: Hyli I am about to PM you about something
Will has played me several times and can confirm that I can do this. And I will have a video my friend just has to upload it first. Also, I just went to Melee FC Diamond and showed M2K/DaShizWiz this so ask them if you don't believe me :). Silent wolf also knows I can do this.

I will have a video soon enough but thats not the point. I need to see other fox players do this so I can make the video I want >_>.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I've done this a lot before, only it's usually just random and comes out. I'll give it a try and if I get something I'll record it and post.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
here is me doing hopefully what your asking.

all done using the controller stick//--------> Vid :)

on a side note I did not practice so I could hopefully be faster if you need me to practicethis and the reason why I am shining before every shdl is because that's the only way I can, if I don't do a shine I'll do a firefox.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
yea you have the right idea, just he doesnt do the shine so he is able to do it faster. i saw him doing this with the weave pattern at FC. pretty cool hylian.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Also, you'd have to go farther w/ each jump. It's like in SDM's vids (esp. Adventure). Hyllian, you could always use AR, and get it perfect.

Doyoung2Win: crazy freakin falco. I can't touch it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, you'd have to go farther w/ each jump. It's like in SDM's vids (esp. Adventure). Hyllian, you could always use AR, and get it perfect.

Doyoung2Win: crazy freakin falco. I can't touch it.
I can do it perfectly without AR :).

And yeah the weave pattern looks awesome :).

Oskurito

Smash Lord
In that vid was a bit of slow(maybe you use Y or X)... you need someone that make retreating shdl as soon as they touch the ground right(very fast)? and you probably want that the 2 foxes in the video move exactly the same as they shoot lasers and stuff with a certain rhythm like a choreography or something(lol)... Uh... I can do it but sorry... we live to far away :( but I'm sure silent wolf will be able to do it with some practice, so don't worry...

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
no i meant like everyone is BS but you i have total faith in your rediculous laser skill. my bad ^^ i didnt explain that well enough.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I can do it perfectly without AR :).

And yeah the weave pattern looks awesome :).
didn't say you couldn't. Who else around you can? oh, that's right. Didn't think so. With an AR, you can get two ppl doing it perfectly, all by yourself. I really have very little interest in making this vid myself (too much time for the payout to me), and only I around here can rshdl (i'm not as consistant at it as you are). I was just offering a solution to your desire to make a vid.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
didn't say you couldn't. Who else around you can? oh, that's right. Didn't think so. With an AR, you can get two ppl doing it perfectly, all by yourself. I really have very little interest in making this vid myself (too much time for the payout to me), and only I around here can rshdl (i'm not as consistant at it as you are). I was just offering a solution to your desire to make a vid.
That is a good idea but the whole point of the video is to show this stuff is possible without AR :).

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain I have the right idea and that I can do it, but I'll need to see a video to confirm or next time I play with doyoung I'll have him show me or tell me if I'm doing it right.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I can do it.

Wait, are you talking about just SHDL while DI backwards? So you press Y on frame 0, laser comes out on frame 4, then DI the rest of the time? That's easy.

If you're talking about jumping backwards pressing Y on frame 0, turning around on frame 4, shooting lasers on 5, then DIing the rest of the time, I cannot do that.

What is this weave pattern you're talking about?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can do it.

Wait, are you talking about just SHDL while DI backwards? So you press Y on frame 0, laser comes out on frame 4, then DI the rest of the time? That's easy.

If you're talking about jumping backwards pressing Y on frame 0, turning around on frame 4, shooting lasers on 5, then DIing the rest of the time, I cannot do that.

What is this weave pattern you're talking about?
It is not easy. Mew2King/DaShizWiz/SilentWolf could not do it...though they all could if practiced.

And yes I am talking about jumping...(I use the control stick) SHDL while DIing backwards or forwards the whole time. It may sound easy..but there are not many in this world who can do it apparently. And not just once..try going all the way across FD and back without messing up and quickly.
The "weave" pattern is doing is backwards and then forward over and over so it looks like you are weaving back and fourth while lasering.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
It is not easy. Mew2King/DaShizWiz/SilentWolf could not do it...though they all could if practiced.

And yes I am talking about jumping...(I use the control stick) SHDL while DIing backwards or forwards the whole time. It may sound easy..but there are not many in this world who can do it apparently. And not just once..try going all the way across FD and back without messing up and quickly.
The "weave" pattern is doing is backwards and then forward over and over so it looks like you are weaving back and fourth while lasering.
Well does M2K claw anymore? If not that could be why he can't do it. I know Shiz doesn't claw...dunno about Wolf.

I jump with index on Y and thumb for lasers...if you do frame perfect double lasers then it's not hard to DI while doing them. Yes I can go across FD. When doing it at full speed I still sometimes mess up but I haven't exactly put much effort into mastering this. Maybe I'll make a video later though.

I like to weave with RSDHDL => advancing SHDL. You can go farther that way, especially if you DI the RSHDL and ASHDL.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
That's pretty good Magus, it's along the line's he's thinking (i think). You can get farther distances w/ it though. But like you said, that's really good for a 6/7th secondary character.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hylian, why don't you post a vid of just you doing what you're talking about, so ppl can see what you mean?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian, why don't you post a vid of just you doing what you're talking about, so ppl can see what you mean?
Well...I don't have video equipment. One of my friends does..and we recorded me doing it awwhile ago..I don't even remember if I was doing it well but he hasnt uploaded it because he has been busy with work...I will put it up when I get it though.

Top Bottom