• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Want To Hit That: the Ice Climber moveset discussion - now discussing d-smash.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Up Smash is their best kill move pretty much. It should be saved for that purpose too, unless you're fighting someone like Peach or Jiggs that always floats right above your head, then it's a handy anti-air weapon I guess *shrug*

It's one of their best moves all around, though.

Lukeozade.

Smash Rookie
I've seen it used before, but getting any character up to about 100%, grabbing, and charging an U-Smash with Nana is pretty much an instant kill. It might not work so well on heavy characters, I haven't really tested it. A n00b tactic, but a useful tactic.

Lukeozade.

Smash Rookie
Hmm, didn't really word it right :laugh: I always thought of it as a n00b tactic because it isn't hard, and it is pretty much un-escapable after 100%.
One more thing i found recently (I round these numbers so it is easier to remember during a battle) when an enemy is at 200%, it is possible to grab with Nana, and taunt with Popo, then still have time to do a running U-smash. Really gets on peoples nerves :chuckle:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
At 200% they can still easily escape in less than 2 seconds.
That'll only work if your opponent has given up.

But yeah, upsmash. Best kill move, save it.

RPK

Smash Lord
Wtf? Why save upsmash? Well, its alright to use in the beginning, but your going to be doing like...A million grabs in a row anyways >_> It'll get refreshed as long as you do 9 things before it...Also...I can see the taunt to upsmash. If theyre stupid enough to ground break ._.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
This move is a move and also a damage racker. It is your only true anti-full hop approach stopper since full hoping a blizzard is asking for punishment if they run under you. The way how I choose whether my upsmash is going to be used as an anti-approach or a kill move is:

If you are going to be versing an air based opponent, where upsmash would be more likely to be used than fsmash, choose upsmash as anti approach and damage racker while choosing fsmash as your killer.

If you are going to be versing a ground based opponent, where fsmash would be more likely to be used than upsmash, choose fsmash as a damage racker and choose upsmash as your killer.

I would rate this very high, probably as high as my fsmash rating, because both can be used as kill moves or damage rackers interchangably depending on the character you are versing.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I love Usmash, I kill people with the animation when it flies behind the ICs, it's like a suprise buttrape and it's a great kill move. Thought I only use it when I have a good hunch it will connect or charging it when I grab someone :3

But it's kinda slow...

8/5/10

Fhd

Smash Rookie
dsmash, its kinda slow dpending how you see it but it racks up alot of damage at teh starting and can kill easily at teh end.

Rating-8

Top Bottom