• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i want to get better as Sheik

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
You see, whenever i play the game with my friends, i'm always really bad. they keep talking to me about spiking and stuff like that and i have no idea what they are talking about. I do admit i'm a noob

So that brings me to why i'm here, i want a pro to explain that stuff to me (Anything that would be helpful) and help me make a good strategy with Sheik as well as any tip for Sheik so i can actully fight agenst my friends.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Spiking. Sheik has no spike. (Her Fair can hit at an angle to "spike" some. But thats not a spike)

If you have wifi, brawl my Sheik. Just watch how I play and what I do, and if you have any questions ask me after our match.

I can teach you simple gimping tricks, and just things you should know at certain stages. (such as Battlefields platforms, you can sweetspot your up-smash that can kill easily)

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I'm no pro, Sheik has no spike, only great edge guarding game. I don't know enough about your playstyle to give you advice. So if you want advice from someone who doesn't play brawl as a pro then let me know:) But as I see it Havokk has everything taken care of.

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
Spiking. Sheik has no spike. (Her Fair can hit at an angle to "spike" some. But thats not a spike)

If you have wifi, brawl my Sheik. Just watch how I play and what I do, and if you have any questions ask me after our match.

I can teach you simple gimping tricks, and just things you should know at certain stages. (such as Battlefields platforms, you can sweetspot your up-smash that can kill easily)
thanks,if my computer has i wireless router would that allow me to acess Wifi,cause if so, i've been bugging my dad to hook it up for weeks and i think he is going to soon.

also its good to know Sheik has no spikes, cause i don't think my friends knew that so i can get them to stop bugging me about that

SuSa

thanks,if my computer has i wireless router would that allow me to acess Wifi,cause if so, i've been bugging my dad to hook it up for weeks and i think he is going to soon.

also its good to know Sheik has no spikes, cause i don't think my friends knew that so i can get them to stop bugging me about that
Lol. Your friends are noobs as well =p just better noobs.

Anyways, if you have a wireless internet connection, your wii should be able to pick it up. Just go to your wii menu, 2-3rd "page" in settings should have internet settings, have it search for signals.

A spike is a meteor smash, which basically just just a strong force down, for example go into training mode and be Diddy Kong, hit your opponent up in the air, then use your down-air. You will smash them into the floor. That's a spike ;)

Let me know when you get wifi ^_^ just send me a message or something (or just post in here)

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
Lol. Your friends are noobs as well =p just better noobs.

Anyways, if you have a wireless internet connection, your wii should be able to pick it up. Just go to your wii menu, 2-3rd "page" in settings should have internet settings, have it search for signals.

A spike is a meteor smash, which basically just just a strong force down, for example go into training mode and be Diddy Kong, hit your opponent up in the air, then use your down-air. You will smash them into the floor. That's a spike ;)

Let me know when you get wifi ^_^ just send me a message or something (or just post in here)
Kay, and thanks again for offering to help me

and mabye my friends didn't know that cause i'm the only one who uses Sheik,i guess they just assumed all character have spikes Lol

legion598

Smash Ace
and u should tell ur friends spiking isnt always ur best option simple edge guarding and gimping is usually more reliable besides im sorry everybody but i cant really associate the word pro with this game it just doesnt fit compared to games like street fighter and tekken i mean sure people go to tournaments but pro? it doesnt work for me

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
Tiger actually has a point there :p as long as you accept your a noob, and are wanting to get better, it will happen ^_^
thanks, also what is gimping, i know edge guarding, but gimping is something i never heard of (and with my luck its probally something basic)

SuSa

thanks, also what is gimping, i know edge guarding, but gimping is something i never heard of (and with my luck its probally something basic)
Hitting them far enough as to make their pitiful recovery useless.

Such as

Back-air vs ganon, then an foward air, then jump and use your chain to tether /up-B to safety while hes so far down he can't recover.

@legion

I've met some really Pro Pong players ya know :s

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Most players have tendancies to rack up damage and kill with a powerful upward attack or spike.

Sheik does NOT work this way.

You'll notice that almost every move hits your opponent to the right or left. Even the U-smash usually makes them fly sideways.

The key to playing a good Sheik, she has rather weak moves now, is to edge-guard all the way to Win.

Aim to get your opponent off the stage. Once you're at this point, against most characters, you have th upper hand. You can use the chain or vanish to grab the ledge after hitting.

Gotta run, I'll add more to this post later.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I read that you don't know some of the terms so heres a link for them. WARNING!!!! these are also techniques that only work in melee such as wavedashing, wavelanding, l canceling, and etc. etc.
If you have questions about it just write on the boards and i'll try and answer them as best i can. And no im no pro just and educated noob

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Easiest way to get better through smashboards is to just look around the sheik boards, watch videos and find out what to be doing in what situations (ie, what throw to use at what percents, what is the best OOS option at the time, when to DACUS, and much MUCH more). Also put up videos so we can tell you how much you suck and why (jk.... partly). That's what my tip to you is since there's no one aspect of sheik that can suddenly make you beat your friends.

edit: You could sort of say sheik has a spike... in a way... which brings me to the point of all my posts on the sheik boards. Play Zelda! She actually has a spike....

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I still sorta a noob, so I'm learning a lot from reading, This should ba the thread for all the people who are new to Sheik, were they go to get informed. I'm not new and I've already learned something:)

To T.Webb can I please get the link. Oh and I'm an educated noob too:chuckle

To Skull, good luck, feel free to ask me a question, even though I probably won't have an answer.:chuckle:

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
I read that you don't know some of the terms so heres a link for them. WARNING!!!! these are also techniques that only work in melee such as wavedashing, wavelanding, l canceling, and etc. etc.
If you have questions about it just write on the boards and i'll try and answer them as best i can. And no im no pro just and educated noob
Cool,that would be helpful T.Webb

rathy Aro: i don't know how to post gameplay vids

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Its not needed, but its REALLY useful. I can't do it either so I wouldn't know how, but someone here can probably tell you.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Wtf?! That's a melee guide.... with ATs brawl wishes it had. A sheik guide would make more sense since most of Brawl's ATs are character specific.

I would link you to the guide, SkullKid, but you should get used to finding threads you need. Its stickied anyway (the second thread on this board to be exact).

Top Bottom