• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think my team is finalized (rate/fix my team)

D

Deleted member

ok here goes. All of my pokemon are bred and hatched, max IVs, all moves are PP maxed, which took forever. So far I've put 150 hours into this team.

Gyarados @ life orb
Adamant, 40 HP/ 252 att/ 12 def/ 204 spe
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Taunt

Gyarados is shiny and nicknamed En.Eh.Oh. after the legendary roy player NEO. 249 speed lets me outrun speed natured sceptile alakazam and dugtrio at 373 after a single dragondance, while pushing his attack to 746. I start with intimidate and sometimes switch immediately to something with a resist just to kill the attack stat and get a free boost on something else. 249 speed also outspeeds spikers and the like, so I can taunt immediately. Gyarados sports intimidate, EQ imminuty, a fast anti-spikes or stealth rock solution, and the capbaility for amazing damage, so I think he makes the best starter.

Metagross @ choice band
Adamant, 252 HP/ 232 att/ 16 def/ 8 spe
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

This is pretty self-explanatory. He does a lot of damage and can take a few hits of his own. 600 attack stab meteor mash is devastating. 600 attack explosion is just funny.

Salamence @ choice specs
Modest, 4 HP/ 252 spe att/ 252 spe
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower

I use salamence not only for his intimidate and resistances and EQ immunity, but also for his fresh 299 speed and 525 special stab draco meteor. Even after 1 use, his special drops to 262, which is still good for another impressive attack. 2 draco meteors is usally 2 OHKOs, and if an ice attacker comes out, metagross makes a good switch.

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Jolly, 4 HP/ 252 attack/ 252 spe
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Flamethrower

This set packs an amazing 499 speed. For this reason, he completely counters ninjask, every dragon pokemon in the game, and every electric pokemon in the game not named zapdos. He's also a perfect counter for alakazam, weavile without focus sash, tyranitar, ninjask, and anything else that's weak to ground and....**** it. This guy ***** face.

Zapdos @ leftovers
Timid, 4 HP/ 252 spe att/ 252 spe
31/30/30/31/31/31
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice, 70)
Light Screen
Roost

Zapdos is my personal favorite for the entire team. Zapdos has never let me down in a pinch. This guy wins tons of battles all by himself. The IVs allow me to keep 328 speed rather than 327 for the standard, so I can still keep up with speed natured 100 base guys.

Tyranitar @ leftovers
Adamant, 8 HP/ 252 att/ 248 spe
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Crunch
Stone Edge

I had earthquake before, but double stab is too good. 1 dragondance achieves 330 speed, beating out the 329 guys and his attack goes to a solid 604. With sandstream, his special defense starts at 354. Too good. Taunt is an instant answer to skarmory, blissey, dusknoir, umbreon, and pretty much every other supporter.

That's all.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
sorry, ash ketchum is banned in playing in tourneys. gg

another note: you want be the very best, that no one ever was....

you are a poke master.

WanderingAngel

Smash Journeyman
it's pretty good althou i find gross, mence and tyranitar way too overused anyway i think you need a wall or an annoyer in there you just have a bunch of sweepers in your team but no one that can take some serious damage it's just a thout

D

Deleted member

I dislike rock slide because of the 90% accuracy, however I did playtest thunderpunch, same power and hits flying types also. Metagross inferior speed makes bullet punch nice for the stab and his 600 attack as it allows him to switch into the many attacks he resists and revenge kill, whereas I found meta taking more hits with thunderpunch, something D/P generally doesn't allow.

I admit I haven't tried zen headbutt at all, I'll give it a shot but I expect the same result. IMO metagross should usually have something to boost his speed, and I'm not a fan of agility on him. I also play on PBR against the japanese at 6 AM usually, and jynx actually gives my team some crap sometimes, so bullet punch is nice for her. Bullet punch OHKOs aerodactyl, weavile, jynx, and makes stuff like regice and tyranitar nervous. Overall, a very cool idea, I'll try it out.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I want to like your team but you got too many overused guys and even a legendary. 4 of your pokes are weak to ice, 2 of them have a 4x weakness to it. Too many physical sweeps and no real supporter, cept maybe for zapdos' light screen. A Mamoswine and a physical wall could own your team.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
As has been mentioned your pokemon are all offensive. While D/P is a more offensive metagame walls are still important. You're going to need to drop a pokemon or two for a good wall. One of the pokemon you have on your team is specsmence. What do you have to counter an opponents?Outside of Metagross you can also die to flamthrower I don't see anything.

Keep Bullet Punch for the reasons you already listed.

Did you get that Zapdos from soft reseting? I wish I had one like that. >_>

Gray

Smash Journeyman
I want to like your team but you got too many overused guys and even a legendary. 4 of your pokes are weak to ice, 2 of them have a 4x weakness to it. Too many physical sweeps and no real supporter, cept maybe for zapdos' light screen. A Mamoswine and a physical wall could own your team.
I agree with the weakness part, plus EQ destroys TTar and meta. And a wall or two would be good. Other than that though, amazing team.

D

Deleted member

I got the zapdos in a trade, I'm more or less certain that it's hacked with those IVs yeah.

Garchomp is my dragon counter. Outrage OHKOs all dragons not Dialga and he outspeeds them all as well. Salamence is good because his counters are so few, so it's not surprising that I don't have an amazing answer to him. If you check most RMT threads, their teams get completely trashed by salamence.

Initially I actually had dragonite over gyarados, but the 3 pokemon 2x weak to ice was too much I think. Since I dropped dragonite, I have not had a problem with ice outside of ubers. Kyogre still gives me some crap.

I have a theory in D/P that walls aren't very useful. I'll post that later.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Garchomp isn't a real dragon counter. Let's say the opponenet leads with Specsmence. Are you going to switch to Garchomp to counter it? Of course not. It's true that Salamence doesn't have many counters but that's no reason to get sloppy.

D

Deleted member

I suppose you're right. What a good counter then? Not Blissey, Blissey doesn't counter any mence other than specsmence.

edit: as far as weaknesses go

gyarados is 4x weak to electric and 2x weak to rock
garchomp is 4x weak to ice and 2x weak to dragon
salamence is 4x weak to ice and 2x weak to dragon
zapdos is 2x weak to ice and 2x weak to rock
metagross is 2x weak to fire and 2x weak to ground
tyranitar is 4x weak to fighting, and 2x weak to grass, water, ground, bug, and steel

gyarados, zapdos, and salamence are immune to ground. metagross and tyranitar severely ward off psychics. Everything on my team except metagross resists fire. Salamence and metagross cover each others typing exactly perfectly.

frenchfri

Smash Apprentice
Cresselia is the closest thing to a full Salamence counter that I can think of right now:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA
- Moonlight
- Reflect
- Ice Beam
- Thunderwave

Draco Meteor is I think a 3HKO, and a Life Orb'd adamant Dragon Claw does about 40%, and even less with Reflect up. Problem is that your Tyranitar's sandstorm is going to hurt Moonlight's recovery.

D

Deleted member

actually my problem would be that my cresselia sucks.

Even if I drop a poke, which one would I drop?

Gray

Smash Journeyman
Cresselia is the closest thing to a full Salamence counter that I can think of right now:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA
- Moonlight
- Reflect
- Ice Beam
- Thunderwave

Draco Meteor is I think a 3HKO, and a Life Orb'd adamant Dragon Claw does about 40%, and even less with Reflect up. Problem is that your Tyranitar's sandstorm is going to hurt Moonlight's recovery.
Wouldn't pretty much anything with decent power, more speed that mence, and an Ice attack counter him?

D

Deleted member

yeah, salamence doesn't have any real counters, thus my question.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
Well a counter has to be able safely switch into mence, then kill him. So something like Weavile wouldn't be a real mence counter.
Uh... Blissey. Pretty much anything that can take a Draco Meteor (which admittedly isn't a large group).

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I would listen to Gray, cuz i play him a lot. If i play him on netbattle, he betas me w/o too much trouble, and he beats most people. On 4th gen games like shoddy, he pwns every1 XD. GO GRAY!! Plus i think hes right.

D

Deleted member

I don't want to use blissey. She gets ***** too easily, even bold and max def she gets ***** too easily. I would rather just admit that ice pokemon **** me, let someone die, and have the next guy come in and kill them rather than play blissey.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I don't want to use blissey. She gets ***** too easily, even bold and max def she gets ***** too easily. I would rather just admit that ice pokemon **** me, let someone die, and have the next guy come in and kill them rather than play blissey.
Blissey isn't supposed to be a Physical Wall, but people make it Bold and give it Defense EVs so it can take unboosted Physical attacks. Sure, it can't take a Choice Banded Gutsed Heracross Close Combat, but still.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Chill

Red
BRoomer
What he said.

We're talking about a special counter which your team needs to be mostly being weak to special attacks.

D

Deleted member

-_-

I know how to play blissey and why blissey is good obviously.

I'm aware that my team is weak to special attacks, I try to outspeed my counters. If I'm going to use a special wall that's fine, I just need to know what to drop, and I don't want anything I can't breed for or blissey.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
The only good specail walls I can think of are Regice and Cressy... I'd use Cressy, I guess. Dump whatever helps your team the least.

D

Deleted member

I think it's mildly ridiculous to be forced to play one of 3 pokemon, blissey regice or cresellia on the basis to counter salamence, but the definition of a counter is that the pokemon has to be able to switch in to ruin his day, and no one can do that to him in the first place. One side is, even if it is specsmence, 525 draco meteor still messes her up. And if you guess wrong and it's a dragondancer or a choicebander, well you're screwed.

The only things that counter my team are kyogre, specsmence, and like choice scarf froslass. Kyogre and Salamence don't have any counters, so it's fairly ridiculous.

titus

Smash Journeyman
What about a:
defense deoxys
choice scarfed kyogre
focus sash jolly weavile
blissey
jirachi
calm empoleon?
arceus

your team is good, quite odd to have no wall, even tough i wanted to do that awhile ago i didnt. but how do you think your team would do against a stall team? and are you Mow at smogon?

D

Deleted member

yeah.

I plays some stall teams on PBR, I usually play the japanese @ 5 AM. I've had a few milotics with protect that gave me some crap. All the japanese milotics I've seen have protect for whatever reason.

focus sash weavile has also given me some crap, so I usually put in metagross to take her **** and bullet punch her twice.

Empoleon jirachi arceus deoxys blissey I've had no problems with. Kyogre is tough. Suicune is okay. swampert is ok. Yeah, same old.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
For some reason I really really like your Ttar. I used to play one in G/S and loved him. Might swap one of my pokes for it soon.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
ok here goes. All of my pokemon are bred and hatched, max IVs, all moves are PP maxed, which took forever. So far I've put 150 hours into this team.

Gyarados @ life orb
Adamant, 40 HP/ 252 att/ 12 def/ 204 spe
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Taunt

Gyarados is shiny and nicknamed En.Eh.Oh. after the legendary roy player NEO. 249 speed lets me outrun speed natured sceptile alakazam and dugtrio at 373 after a single dragondance, while pushing his attack to 746. I start with intimidate and sometimes switch immediately to something with a resist just to kill the attack stat and get a free boost on something else. 249 speed also outspeeds spikers and the like, so I can taunt immediately. Gyarados sports intimidate, EQ imminuty, a fast anti-spikes or stealth rock solution, and the capbaility for amazing damage, so I think he makes the best starter.

i like this set. tauntridos is a very painful nuisance, and you show that here. no fixes here.

Metagross @ choice band
Adamant, 252 HP/ 232 att/ 16 def/ 8 spe
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

This is pretty self-explanatory. He does a lot of damage and can take a few hits of his own. 600 attack stab meteor mash is devastating. 600 attack explosion is just funny.

zen headbutt is a good option over bullet punch for some STAB, but this works just fine.

Salamence @ choice specs
Modest, 4 HP/ 252 spe att/ 252 spe
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower

I use salamence not only for his intimidate and resistances and EQ immunity, but also for his fresh 299 speed and 525 special stab draco meteor. Even after 1 use, his special drops to 262, which is still good for another impressive attack. 2 draco meteors is usally 2 OHKOs, and if an ice attacker comes out, metagross makes a good switch.

(i'm not too sure about the usefulness of dragon claw on here, but draco meteor is just devastating. if you need another special move over claw, a hidden power would be good, maybe flying(i'm not too sure on that, so don't hold me to it.)

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Jolly, 4 HP/ 252 attack/ 252 spe
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Flamethrower

This set packs an amazing 499 speed. For this reason, he completely counters ninjask, every dragon pokemon in the game, and every electric pokemon in the game not named zapdos. He's also a perfect counter for alakazam, weavile without focus sash, tyranitar, ninjask, and anything else that's weak to ground and....**** it. This guy ***** face.

yes, yes he does **** face. i think fire fang would be better than flamethrower unless you're worried about skarmory. in that case, it's perfect.

Zapdos @ leftovers
Timid, 4 HP/ 252 spe att/ 252 spe
31/30/30/31/31/31
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice, 70)
Light Screen
Roost

Zapdos is my personal favorite for the entire team. Zapdos has never let me down in a pinch. This guy wins tons of battles all by himself. The IVs allow me to keep 328 speed rather than 327 for the standard, so I can still keep up with speed natured 100 base guys.

haha nice. zapdos is one of my favorites also. awesome with the IV's. and the set is also good.

Tyranitar @ leftovers
Adamant, 8 HP/ 252 att/ 248 spe
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Crunch
Stone Edge

I had earthquake before, but double stab is too good. 1 dragondance achieves 330 speed, beating out the 329 guys and his attack goes to a solid 604. With sandstream, his special defense starts at 354. Too good. Taunt is an instant answer to skarmory, blissey, dusknoir, umbreon, and pretty much every other supporter.

perfect. double STAB like this is just amazing.

That's all.
I love your team. no big fear of walls like skarmbliss, and the ice weakness isn't too much of a problem when you've got tyranitar and metagross. 9.5/10 for sure. the time you put into is definitely worth it. hope i helped some here, if i didn't, don't hold it against me lol.

titus

Smash Journeyman
What about putting thunderpunch on metagross, if you plan on switching him into the ice beam users. Since ice beam pokemon are usually water or ice he would have better coverage over them with thunderpunch. You should have an adamant garchomp if youre using choice scarf, and fire blast over flamethrower.

takieddine

Smash Master
how would you like it if you just wasted a turn when fire blast missed?

how is bullet punch, Max? I'm building a metagross right now...does it really ohko some things?

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
i love bullet punch on my gross, I pass baton pass a sword dance to it and it OHKO's frail sweeps like gengar, alakazam, and weavile.

Top Bottom