• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think i found an Alternative way to wavebounce with link O_O

link2702

Smash Champion
forgive me if its already been discovered, but I think i found a different way to wavebounce(thats what its called right?) with link, one that DOESN"T require you to switch your specials to the c-stick.

its hard to explain, but i'll try, basicly, if your jumping backwards, , then LIGHTLY move the control stick, in the other direction, JUST barely enough that it'll make link turn around in the air, and fire his arrow, instead of the boomerrang, normally if you just tilt it, THEN push b, he'll fire the arrow normally, HOWEVER, from what i've seen, if you time it right, and push the control stikc AND shoot the arrow at the same time, link will turn around and fire the arrow, but he'll fly a few feet in the opposite direction, not liek lucas does mind you, but still a little bit.

what I basicly mean is, if say your back is facing the left with link, and you jump backwards, then do this, link will whip around in the air, to fire his arrow, BUT at the same time, fly back to the right.

what is this useful for? not much from what i've seen, might surprise the oppenent, a bit, but other then that, IDK. but i found it interesting so I thought i'd post it, if its already been discovered, forgive me.

also, I know my explanation isn't exactly the clearest in the world, so anyone who can record matches, face me, and i'll do it in the match so you can see what i'm talking about.

Kyuuber

Smash Cadet
i did it last weekend
i had a replay
but it was deleted
i don't know how i did that ^^

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I've done this on occasion instead of simply turning around and throwing a Gale Boomerang. It doesn't seem like an extremely useful tech, except for mindgames of course. It's also really hard to get 100% of the time... :(

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This has also been known for awhile. I don't utilize wave bouncing but I guess it's cool for anyone who does.

Set R-button to specials and hit it together with c-stick back and control stick forward for an easy wavebounce without B-sticking.

I will edit this post if I want anything else said.

Top Bottom