• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I suck with all characters, what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shears

Smash Master
Shears Eariler Post - Organized

- http://youtube.com/user/Unkn0wn71
This is lights youtube channel, he uses pit, but hes got vids of forte who is the best MK in the country. Look through it and study the vids.

- Playing lvl 9s arent going to do anything for you. you need to play people. Play smart thats all that matters

- Learn MKs attack distances, spacing from other characters and play aggressive. A campy MK is a stupid MK, an aggressive and smart MK is the best.

- His upB, dsmash, and fsmash are his best KO moves.

- His defense sucks, shielding is weak and short compared to other characters. His airdodge doesnt last long. thats why you cant be campy

- His dthrow does the most damage, uthrow and fthrow will lead into the best combos, bthrow will knock them farthest away.

- Usmash hits 3 times so you can usually dash into an opponent and hit them with it quickly because theyll take off their shield before the last hit, or their airdodge will end and youll hit them with the last hit.

- DownB sucks and should only be used very situationally.

- ForwardB has the best vertical recovery.

- Glide attack out of jump or upB has great priority, knockback and does alot of damage. Also after glide attack there is not landing lag.

- Dsmash comes out ridiculously fast and will probably be your most used move.

- Ftilt has good reach and can rack up damage.

- Dtilt is great but hit box is small so most opponents will just jump over it.

- Utilt has better range than usmash but doesnt KO as easily.

- Tornado can KO over the top and is probably MKs best move. It has incredible priority, does alot of damage, cant be airdodged or sidestepped, and it will piss everyone off but you will win with it, also has best vertical recovery other than gliding.

- Jab works great to rack up damage when youve got an opponent against a wall and can lead into dsmash with virtually no lag.

- WoP is a joke know what it means but it wont ever work unless your opponents suck. However, fair has great reach and does good damage and you can sometimes chase an opponent off the stage with it.

- Uair is good to chain with but wont KO unless at high percents and has some of the best priority and range out of MKs aerials.

- Dair is a useful KO move, opponents with weak recovery should experience the power of this move because it pushes opponents far away, wont KO or meteor, but can easily push opponents out of recovery range (probably MKs best edgeguarding aerial).

- Nair is his best aerial to straight up KO, if sweet spotted (which isnt hard at all) will have great knockback and do alot of damage. If you dont sweet spot the nair it will do alot of damage but have little knockback.

- MK dies easily so kill your opponents before they kill you. chase them off the edge and KO them easily.

- MK has the best edgehogging abilities. When below the stage upB will basically teleport him to the stage before anyone else gets there to edgehog and you can just run off the stage and press back to grab the stage quickly for an edgehog.

- Your greatest troubles will be snake and falco.
---Snake is just an obvious counter.
---Falcos reflector and laser breaks all your moves and approaches, his shield can block most of your moves, his dsmash is almost as fast as your dsmash and if timed right will win. He can KO better than MK and has a spike. Your only advantage is his lack of recovery which still wont matter much because he can chaingrab you across the stage and meteor you with the dair unless you DI down. This chaingrab will usually put you to about 40-60% damage depending on the length of the stage which will make up for any lead you have or even put you behind and give him the advantage.
--- Watch out for falcos and snakes; theyre your biggest problem.

- Thats basically what MK is about, using these moves intelligently and tactically will lead you to victory. I cant tell you how to be smart thats what you have to do.
lol thanks

Roller

Smash Legend
DEFINATELY use gamecube controller. Work on short hopping, very important for metaknight. Shorthopped fair and dair are very good for approaching. Don't spam tornado like some retarted 54175 do. Make sure you can guard the edge well, either by attacking while they approach the ledge or just running off and grabbing it. (edgegrabbing is how i get 90% of my wolf,fox,falco,olimar,ivysaur kills.) Also make sure to follow players after hitting them off the edge and try to fair or dair them right off the screen, they have good priority and works well. Mix up your throws as well. I use D-throw to just get some damage, and F-throw to combo them off the side, then follow or edgehog (depending on character).

GL in your MK ventures. Hope I've been of some help. =)

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
the easiest thing to do is just keep playing people who are better than you. sooner or later you will get better. before I sucked at melee and I slowly got better. Same with brawl. Just keep playing the game and soon you will kill lvl 9s easier. But if it makes you feel any better the computers in brawl have been upgraded allot

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
use the classic controller. simple. the buttons are closer together giving you quicker movements. There's still a c-stick also.

Shackel11

Smash Cadet
Hm, I see. I can't find ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who will play a 1v1 no items match.

Shackel11

Smash Cadet
I tried putting forte's, ringo's, and Ice's(I already seen your vids) strategies together and now I'm alright as in now I can take on these three people who can't play at once XD

Shears

Smash Master
only chillin and sometimes azen can beat forte.

i saw the results from crithit, good job on 25th considering probably the best in the country at brawl were there. i wish i couldve afforded to go.

Shears

Smash Master
have you ever heard of super smash bros brawl? or metaknight?

jkjk, forte wasnt a big melee player, came on the smash scenes with brawl and has been winning/placing top 3 at the larger tournaments. probably the best MK in the country as of now and definately the best MK on the east coast.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Saw Forte, Then realized my MK is NOTHING compared to the ******** **** I saw.

My Buddy Valor placed pretty high and Im proud of him man, Lost to Chillin

But I can't really make an excuse for my loss, I played Candy in the first round, got whooped up on so bad I gave up.

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
ok, I am just responding to some of the stuff earlier in this thread. First off, best controller I personally think is the Game Cube controller. It is just over all, better lol. And if meta knight is your best character already, then stick with it and improve. Best way to improve is just keep playing the game. Realize what move does what, and so forth. Mainly if you read the guides and take it all in and dont think to urself "oh this will not help, but whatever ill read it". Just absorb it all and apply it.

-RoM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom