• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I shouldn't, but I'm having trouble with aggressive nesses and...

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm having a bit of trouble with lucas and aggressive nesses. Should I just go reckless and aggressive? Because I tend to try and play smart and space well but these two matchups are always tough for me.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
psst don't let the ness board see this *shifts eyes*

haha just kidding. yah, fight back hard, ness's moves have so many wierd hitboxes its hard to space sometimes so its better to be aggressive and spam RAR bairs and such with lots of FF fairs into ftilts ^^

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Yup. Fairs and F-Tilts will do an amazing job. Ness and Lucas can be comboed very easily and you can definitely mix it up once you land that initial F-Tilt in there. Of course, if you have the chance and they're at the right percent, lock away!

If they're aggressive, space around with needles and D-Smash them like mad. Spot dodge their PK fires and F-Air their PKT edge-guards. Once they're off the stage, you're pretty much guaranteed a stock :) If they like to spam aerials, throw in some U-Tilts or spaced B-Airs. Or just be patient and wait for them to mess it up.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
I wouldn't think about fighting Earthbound kids as anyone but Sheik. Just needle camp. All their B moves have such a long cast time that on a Battlefield sized stage you can single needle spam and they are forced to either shield/approach or jump over. From there its a lot easier as they are pretty much forced to approach without projectiles.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with the aggressive playstyle response to Ness and Lucas. So many of their attacks have a better priority then yours, and their aerials are dangerous to get caught in. This is one particular matchup that I really don't like playing...it's pretty hard for me too, and I'm not always successful either.

I'd say that needle camping is huge in this matchup, so use it properly, but don't over do it, becasue their aerial maneuverability will make it hard for you to always be able to use it. More then anything else...play tactically sound. Shield grab shield grab shield grab, ESPECIALLY agaisnt Ness who is going to be using BAir and FAir like crazy. Important to remember however, is don't try to follow up a throw with a direct attack...most of the time it's just going to end up getting you messed up by some aerial. Wait for them to do something, or feint an attack and then capitalize.

This is one of those matchups that just requires you to be really smart and quick to punish. Overall, I would just avoid being in the air vs. Ness in general, I find that it's a bad position to be in. Keep it on the ground when possible and play intelligently.

S2

Smash Lord
Try to needle spam them and look for your opportunity to tilt lock.

Tilt lock is basically why the matchup is in Sheik's favor. Normally Ness/Lucas are going to outprioritize you on a lot of moves... use needles and safe attacks until you see an opening and then combo/f-tilt the PK out of them.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Do some grab release on them. Instead of throwing whenever you have them grabbed, I would grab release. Since its safer to follow up, and a lot of people have frame advantage over the Psi Kids when you grab release. So I'm guessing sheik would too, correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom