• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some info on Olimar desync, please 'n thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomegStylus

Smash Rookie
This is a result of a little project my friends and I recently got into. All my research into the topic has only yielded old news (2008 inquiries into the subject). Before you reply, though, I do NOT want to hear about how useless the technique is or how situational or any other brilliance that may pop into your head that may derail the topic.

I just want to know if anyone has figured it out, down-packed. If so, a link would be greatly appreciated! =3

Dnyce

Smash Master
This is a result of a little project my friends and I recently got into. All my research into the topic has only yielded old news (2008 inquiries into the subject). Before you reply, though, I do NOT want to hear about how useless the technique is or how situational or any other brilliance that may pop into your head that may derail the topic.

I just want to know if anyone has figured it out, down-packed. If so, a link would be greatly appreciated! =3
Well, tell you what... since you obviously have zero idea of what desyncing is I'll be a bit easier on you.

(1) This technique is useless... why?
(2) Because you have absolutely no control over it.

When a Pikmin desyncs it is because your opponent used a move (that can't kill the Pikmin) that hit the Pikmin, but did not hit Olimar. The Pikmin takes knock-back (with its own variable / weird mechanics), then Olimar throws the command animation (ie points a direction), and then the Pikmin does the commanded move from the location it is at. This means you have a greater chance (which is a laughable way to phrase it, considering the chance of it happening is already infinitesimal) to desync when charging a smash rather than banging away on your c-stick.

The best advice it to abuse this mechanic by doing an up-smash out-of-shield. The shield only cancels the attack for Olimar, not the Pikmin - meaning that if the hit-box of your opponents attack is still out the Pikmin will desync / follow your opponent.

As much as you want to believe some miracle wisdom on some broken mechanic, I will say it again - it is relatively useless. Disregarding usoos, it relies entirely on your opponent (and them having terrible spacing, using a move that does not out prioritize Pikmin, and weak enough to not kill it).

You're Welcome :)

EDIT: in the future... please try to not post in bold, italic, and underlines. It makes it a lot harder to take you serious (like people who type in all caps... it makes you look like your profession is along the lines of mixing cement). Also, condescending a community on your first post is a great invitation for getting flamed and trolled, use a little more respect / humility ;o

NomegStylus

Smash Rookie
Way to do exactly the opposite of what I said and come off as a....

Also, you are posting old news. If that's as far as the topic has been taken, then you have served your purpose. Now, stop trying to sound smart, and stop demeaning professions just because you think you're superior. There is nothing wrong with making a living out of mixing cement... jerk.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Way to do exactly the opposite of what I said and come off as a....

Also, you are posting old news. If that's as far as the topic has been taken, then you have served your purpose. Now, stop trying to sound smart, and stop demeaning professions just because you think you're superior. There is nothing wrong with making a living out of mixing cement... jerk.
Would you rather have me lie to you? haha.
I didn't know it could be taken any further. Unless you have seen something different that we could test. Sorry I couldn't be all happy fun-land for you and provide a game-breaking mechanic that doesn't exist.

Also, I like how you imply sounding smart and being smart as two different things (troll) :) You can stick up for cement mixers all you want, I'm not even sure it's a job... but you have to admit it's a relatively easy job, or rather one that doesn't require much thought.

I'm glad you took my advice on the bold, italic, underline tags... unfortunately the respect part didn't get through. I'm probably arguing with a 14 year old, lol.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Research thread here with some stuff on Desyncs in it. We don't know everything. Post in the Q&A thread next time. Respect your elders, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom