• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some ideas for DK...

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
what are some good tactics to use to break a camp by players who use projectiles.... ever since i started using DK a lot of players will just camp with lasers or arrows and mess me up from a distance cause they are scared to get close to DK cause of his power... what are some good ideas/tactics that i can use to stop the camping???

Veggi

Smash Champion
From a distance powershield them or just normal shield them which is still decent if it's too hard to powershield. Most projectiles can be broken easily by DK's ftilt which scares people, some projectiles can be broken by jab. When you get close to someone and they shoot a projectile, if they are in range of DK's jump cancel up b, use the starting frames of up b to super armor the projectile and move up b into them for ****** time.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
What's the difference between powershield and regular shield?? How do u powesheild?? I'm still new. Help me veggie.

daisho

Smash Lord
Power shielding is when you hit the shield button right before the attack hits you. This gives a nice clanking sound and gives you no shield lag instead of the usual 6 frame lag for dropping shields.

This is essential for any DK to master otherwise he will be destroyed by other character's projectiles.

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
It's really annoying when you go for a B-air and you take a lazer/arrow, DK just turns back and... that's annoying.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Learn to zone and space. Put them in places where they shouldn't be using projectiles... unless it is Falco (**** you, phantasm).

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
If you get hit by a projectile it will turn you the way that you are holding the control stick.
I love you now. I've never been a technical person so this escaped my knowledge somehow. Can't count the number of times I've been turned around by a Falco laser and been unable to Bair.

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
Chaosgriffin said:
If you get hit by a projectile it will turn you the way that you are holding the control stick.
Thank you ! It's going to be easier against Falco now :D

Micaelis said:
Can't count the number of times I've been turned around by a Falco laser and been unable to Bair.
Saaame <_<

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
are you freaking kidding me??? thats awesome! i seriously had no idea. this can not only help in the falco MU but in the diddy MU as well!

thanks for the info CGriff! you rock!

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I love you now. I've never been a technical person so this escaped my knowledge somehow. Can't count the number of times I've been turned around by a Falco laser and been unable to Bair.
Thank you ! It's going to be easier against Falco now :D

Saaame <_<
are you freaking kidding me??? thats awesome! i seriously had no idea. this can not only help in the falco MU but in the diddy MU as well!

thanks for the info CGriff! you rock!
No problem guys, the only problem is that when you do this you have to anticipate when the projectile will hit you, also it can slow down your momentum if you are not fast enough with moving the control stick.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i can see that being problematic, but its way better than not being able to face the right direction at all.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Ok, so it turns out that I was wrong about the projectile thing. I had read it somewhere so i thought it was true. But it does not matter which way you are holding the control stick when you get hit, you will turn around and face the side the projectile hit you on. Sorry about that guys.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
lol yeah, I was doing some friendlies a few days ago and tried that and was like "Chaos lied to me!" ha.

Oh well, it would of been nice if it had been true.

Top Bottom