• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need Pikachu players to train me

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Please. I need it badly. I'm sick and tired of losing to my brother. He mains that god **** rat and no matter how hard I train against CPU's I can't beat him. I need input from Ike players as well as Pikachu users. Please. I'm begging, no grovelling to you. I need to face some Pikachu users and get constructive critism.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
posted this in another thread:

But if you main Ike you shouldn't have as big a problem. One of Pikachu's weak spots is is lack of range. It's better for Pika in Brawl, but even his forward smash shouldn't be able to match up to Ike's sword. So focus on out-ranging him, know how far his down smash and forward smash extend, and stay just outside of that and smack him around.

Also, in my experience Pit is the anti-pika. Strong range attacks + 2 reflecting attacks + easily directed projectile = a very tough match for pikachu.
If he knows/learns how to QAC well though you'll have a significantly harder time.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
QAC? Also, Pikachu can just edgegaurd Ike and if he doesn't thunder then Ike's Dair doesnot have priority over Pika's Up Smash or even maybe tilt.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Quick Attack Cancel.

Coming at a Pikachu from above is asking for death. If you have to I'd think Ike's down b would work a lot better for thunder, utilt and usmash.

As for edgeguarding, spacing is key. Remember, you outrange him, so stand far enough away so he can't get you with his attacks or you have enough time to retaliate if he tries. If he happens get up on the ledge, you should be able to get at him. Granted, Pikachu's already good edgeguard game has been beefed up even more in brawl. One thing in particular to look out for is his forward b. In melee, it was so cumbersome that it didnt help for much. Now, it's what I use to come in from my edgeguarding for anyone who thinks they've given themself enough space from my edge attacks but isnt far enough for me to make it on the ledge without punishment, and it covers quite a lot of distance. You can knock them before they reach you, but its a hard attack to guage.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I'd say not to use Ike if you play him only because you think that he is good and top tier ... because Ike is far from good. I started out playing Ike, and won nearly every single time, but I realized he has big weaknesses as far as getting back on the edge is concerned. Many people think Ike is near impossible to edgeguard, but IMO he is one of the easiest to edgeguard. Also, most attacks of his are slow, except for bair, which gets very predictable. That too is a weakness. But if you have another reason for playing Ike, don't listen to me, listen to these other guys.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I'd say not to use Ike if you play him only because you think that he is good and top tier ... because Ike is far from good. I started out playing Ike, and won nearly every single time, but I realized he has big weaknesses as far as getting back on the edge is concerned. Many people think Ike is near impossible to edgeguard, but IMO he is one of the easiest to edgeguard. Also, most attacks of his are slow, except for bair, which gets very predictable. That too is a weakness. But if you have another reason for playing Ike, don't listen to me, listen to these other guys.
I play him because I wanted him in Brawl.

Also, Enkidu would you be willing to give feed back after?

Tagxy: Would I be able to hit him off with Aether?

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I register you. Do me a favor and try to use Pikachu as much as possible. ALthough Sonic is good training too.

Top Bottom