• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Help Again (Recruiting Smashers)

Uffe

Smash Hero
So my friend Gabubowser was wondering if he could fight some of you guys. I was already thinking about this before he asked, though. So I'm wondering who'd like to help him out. From what I've seen, he doesn't look as bad as he says he is. Here's his Brawl code.

Gabubowser: 5155 4039 1942

Just let me know if you're willing to help him out. Thanks.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Needs to work on more tailwhipping :p and also, since DK is a big character, it's easy to hit with fair... so, more fairs. DK's recover is also predictable so you can probably spike or even PK Flash... assuming you get him off the stage of course

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
He could use some more fair. I didn't see much throughout the match. I didn't really see much wrong, other then that airdodge after he got hit.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
too much dair. It's way too predictable and slow, with very little priority (at least for me it has little priority). too much of a running approach, which caused several trips. rather than running, SH some aerials while moving towards him (listed in order of what i recommend: fair>fair (for spacing and to ensure at least one hit)/ fair>(nair, if fair was done immediately as you jumped and the enemy is kept close)/ nair>nair/ bair>nair (i can almost always sweetspot the bair, even when the enemy is in front of me)). I really like the ability to SH two aerials with ness. big characters are pwned by pk fire, especially bowser. tried too much to do mindgames with pkt, which leaves you wide open if the other person is smart enough to dodge it. I like the yo-yo, but sometimes it's not the best option (charge when expecting them to shield, perfect usmash and dsmash so you don't need to turn around all the time for the yo-yo). I'm not a pro or anything, but this is what i suggest for him. my play-style is a bit weird in actuality.
Other than that, good grabs (i cant pivot grab ever), good jabs... well he's not terrible, he's just gotta work out a few kinks in approaches, combo more often with dthrow, and use pkt less than pk flash or CAZCOMBO! when the opponent is off the stage.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Eagleeye got pretty much anything i would've said.
You're friend tripped A LOT in just one match, ruined some things he couldve done that people are suggesting.

Good ness, and he/she is just their own worst critic. Nothing wrong with that, it pushes you constantly to get better. However It can get stressful at some points.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Thanks for your guys' help. I kind of learned something myself reading the replies. Anyway, I sent my friend a message and quoted what you guys recommended. Again, thanks for your help.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
from that video alone, i saw a few problems:
too much rolling - He rolled too much giving his opponents opportunities to punish him.
pk fire - you should always use this away from the enemy, don't use it while getting close unless you are for sure it will hit.(he did this right after taking the 1st stock)
spacing - He kept going for that donkey kong, he should space more with his aerials and retreat, especially since each hit of DK is pretty ouchy.
choice of moves - there were a few times where sh aerials would've been better than ground moves, but not such a big thing.
Other than that he has a pretty decent ness. x]

Shaky

Smash Ace
I played him today. His ness is actually not bad at all, better than most I've played so far. I think if he had more practice and experience he would be one of the top ness players. His DI and techs were one of the most precise I've seen so far.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, he's still accepting. He wants to get good with Ness. Anyway, for those willing to help out, just send me a visitor message or private message. Levitas, you can go ahead and lock this topic if you want.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'd love to help. My computer is a little weird though, so I might not be able to help all the time. Uffe, I'll send you a message when I'm available.

I'm going through some skill confusion as well...

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Does Gabu want to fight Ness or a different character? Doesn't matter to me, but I'd like to know who to play.

How much lag does he have?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think he wants to have Ness dittos. If it were me, I'd not only be using Ness. As for his location, he lives in Florida. So if I were to play him, there'd be a great amount of lag.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Yea okay since hes from florida I'll play him, i forget if I added him yet, since i live in florida also. and i play with ness and dk so :3

Top Bottom