• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need a mentor...

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Like the title says, I need someone to help me get better. Under normal circumstances people post videos of them playing and have others review them and give them advice on what to work on and such. Well, I do not have any means of which to record my matches.... Also I think I could learn much more from facing someone who is more experienced than I on a regular basis.

Being my mentor would mean a few things.
1. You have to live close to me or have a way to get to my house. [We could smash at your place if you prefer]
2. I'd like to get together once a week or every other week.
3. You have to be experienced otherwise there is nothing for me to learn from you....

Also, instead of posting another thread I will just post it here. I also need people to play with.

So I need two things. A mentor and some people to play with.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Oh I forgot to say what game I play. Well, I play melee. I am only 16 and my mom isn't comfortable with me going to orlando for tournaments so I can only go to like Zero Ping. Which happens maybe once a month. Except recently its been happening a little more. Still... I would like some help outside of tournaments.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh I forgot to say what game I play. Well, I play melee. I am only 16 and my mom isn't comfortable with me going to orlando for tournaments so I can only go to like Zero Ping. Which happens maybe once a month. Except recently its been happening a little more. Still... I would like some help outside of tournaments.
Don't make mom johns.
Almost every azn smasher probably has stricter parents than you.
Just say your going to Place A locally and instead get a ride to Gigabits or something.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Don't make mom johns.
Almost every azn smasher probably has stricter parents than you.
Just say your going to Place A locally and instead get a ride to Gigabits or something.
Amazing im glad you said this.

BEst feeling is getting away with it.

Oh and Alot of peeps could do that for you down there.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't like lying to my parents. I never said I have the strictest parents in the world....
My parents aren't even strict they just don't want me going some place that is hours away. I'm working on my parents. They are letting me to go wato on the sixth when school ends.

Polmex I wanna fight your falcon again. I fought you once in a tourney at Zero Ping. Losers bracket. Falcon ditto. Doubt you remember. Are you going to ZP tomorrow?

Note- If I tell them it's a local tourney they will insist on taking me so that really isn't an option.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Yo if ya know whats good for you, hit me, linguini, chops, or green mario up and we can usually get stuff going quick and we all live in the weston/davie area, which is just 10 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale

678-983-2391

thats my cell call me up whenever.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Will do. I don't think my parents mind driving me to davie. If you guys ever set something up text me and I will show up. (786) 715-3683 I always bring a set up.

Renth

Smash Hero
Alright. Will do. I don't think my parents mind driving me to davie. If you guys ever set something up text me and I will show up. (786) 715-3683 I always bring a set up.
If you take XIF up on his offer, you'll be in good hands.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uhh. well I can't do **** for you while I'm at home.

Next year I have a car. I can come to you next year

That goes for you too jason.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
@spider- I can't really go anywhere during the week. I don't think my mom would take me to Zero ping. I've been working on my moonwalking. It's not consistent yet. I can do it so that I fall off the level like you showed me but thats only like 30% of the time. I'm gonna work on it.

@jungle-That'd be awesome if you could drive over here. I wanna play you again.

Top Bottom