• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need a Doc!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
try to cape the first of the SHLasers. This will screw their rythem and stop you from getting pinned down. Chainthrowing works really well also.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No problem!
*laughs at how he did nothing*

But yeah, I'd agree with Bullet Bill. Normally, I'd suggest pills because then you control the battlefield, but Falco's lasers are much better at doing this.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I think your second main really depends on you and your style, you know? What you like to do. I mean theres the obvious response in Mario, as he's so darn similar. Other than that. I'd have to say you should just spend some time trying out whatever looks interesting. Ganondorf is a nice choice as he's also pretty melee heavy and not incredibly fast, and in my opinion pretty fun to use.

SuiteFox

Smash Cadet
I guess some clarification is needed. I want a good counter pick towards my opponents counter choice. Who are they going to counter doc with and then who would be my best second....

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wtf Walgreens...?

ANYWAYS!

To answer your question, I would recommend Falco or Shiek, Suite. I myself main Doc and second Falco and am thinking about picking up Shiek... lol.

Most likely counters to Doc = Shiek, Marth, CF, and Peach.

Shiek does well against Peach and I would call her a counter to Marth and, of course, Shiek vs. Shiek is a 50 50 match up. CF I'm not so sure someone would necessarily counter Doc with, but if they did, Shiek would be a decent choice.

Falco does well against CF and Shiek to a certain degree. The Marth and Peach matchup is a little harder (especially because of CGing) but if you aren't good fighting against them with Doc, Falco is a good bet. Personally, I'd rather fight Marth and Peach with Doc.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I wouldn't say space animals counter Shiek. A counter is a character match up where the odds are ridiculously in favor for one side (like Shiek vs. Bowser [can someone say chaingrab to 300%?]).

Top Bottom