• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I miss Ness' Melee pummel.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
When Ness grabs someone in brawl he hits 1%. While he can do it faster I rather have his old slow 3%. His head is too big to only hit 1%.

3% > 1%

Also the fact is if you pummel too much you'll only hit 0.5. However with 3% you'll hit 1.5.

So what if it was slow. I liked it better...

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'll have the Brawl pummel, he looks like he's beating the hell out of someone. XD

But the percent diffrence is not too big in comparace and it's kind of harder to get out of his grabs now.... well to me.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Well they made up for it by giving him a running grab that doesn't make him look like he has a single-digit IQ when he misses.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea thats true, his dash grab miss was funny. I feel that Big head should = Big damage. I mean the kid's head is huge. It should hit 3%.

Levitas

the moon
Think of it this way, the pummel takes care of move decay better now then it would have.

Now if only marth had a slower pummel...

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Think of it this way, the pummel takes care of move decay better now then it would have.
I was going to say this Lev, it makes it incredibly more useful. Makes B-throw like insta-fresh every time I use it, and at lower percents will recharge things like b-air and u-air which I combo with early on. I also use the piston-kick in matches occasionally for the same reason.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm glad some people are thinking straight. Having a fast grab attack is a really, really, really good thing, ESPECIALLY for a character who gets terrific damage and KO power out of his throws.

If Ness does 5 throws in a row, we are talking about 50%. If he does 5 throws with three pummels between each, we are talking like 75%...

EDIT: Melee Ness is not missed. By anyone. For any reason. Disagree and be shunned.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I know but still his damage shouldn't be 1 percent. His head is so big.

Actually I'm sure Melee Ness is missed by someone.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Does anyone find it wierd that in the air, Ness' head does 14% but on the ground it does 1%?
That's just proof that Ness is a character to be played aerially lol.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the Brawl Ness pummels as it pummels fast enough to allow you to grab release another Ness. It helps in dittos and against other Lucas players I believe.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I dunno about pummelin', but I miss Ness' dair from 64. I shoulda appreciated it more while we had it...:(

I also think it was funny the way the 64 announcer said his name.

"Neeeeesssss!" It was so drawn out...

UberBen56

Smash Rookie
Yeah Ness' head is really huge. I call his U-air "Captain Melonhead" because his head is huge and I used to main C. Falcon (who I discovered sucks compared to Ness. Ness ftw. ^_^).

Top Bottom