• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i know wavedashing isnt supposed to be in...but this is interesting.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's shorter and quicker than the roll used right before it. It's either some sort of cancel OR it's possible that Sakurai now implemented two different types of rolls: hard and soft ones, kind of like walking or dashing. Is this a possibility? If it is, it'll be hard for me to break the habit of smashing that control stick left and right. I've broken my fair share of GCN controllers on Melee alone...

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
To me what it looks like is that Sheik did a quick dash, but did do a pivot at the end. Logically when you think of how you can literally jump backwards out of a dash with the new physics engine, it would make sense that you could get some sort of small backwards slide if you pivot out of a dash.

Vijin

Smash Ace
It's just a dash... if you pause it right when she does it you'll notice that she's in her dash animation.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
interesting. and here i was....excited i may have discovered something :p

Zodiac

Smash Master
Its not a roll, thats for sure, but, It looks just like sheiks melee wavedash, but, we all know the conventional wave dash isnt in anymore. I have seen characters waveland by use of DI, the fact that the game is floatier then melee is what contributes to this.

Also I heard three controller clicks during the "wavedash"

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I tried to stop in the middle a couple of times. Looks like Sheik dashes left, stops by ducking, letting go of the stick, turn the stick right or something, and somewhat turns around in it.

shatoga

Smash Cadet
What it looked like was, he was going to roll to the left, but canceled it with down.Weird nonetheless

Wuss

Smash Champion
Guys, this is not a wavedash or anything close to one. Sheik just dashes backwards and then stop really quickly probably by pressing down. I am pretty sure that's all it is.

Top Bottom