• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I know that people are excited and all...but can you cool it?

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
QQ just dont read it
youre complaining cuz other aren't enjoying the game the way you think it should be enjoyed? i dont even knowwhere to start on why thats the DUMBEST THING EVER!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
And all of the stuff the techniques are unarguably completely intended. They're also not in the manual. Cool huh.

And I bet when brawl comes out, hugging won't be in the manual either (running off the stage and holding towards the ledge to grab it).

edit: you also say Christ a lot.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have to say, I only learned how to Wave Dash recently and it's pretty d*mn fun. But other than that, I had the most fun with any game without all the techniques just by playing through all the modes

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Big Bob has somewhat of a point in that a LOT of people have dedicated themselves to finding anything that even remotely resembles an exploitable trick or glitch in the gameplay that could MAYBE, POSSIBLY give them a SLIGHT advantage in a match. The ridiculous amount of threads for "New" Advanced Techniques should be enough to prove that.

I'm not going to tell anyone how they should play a game they own.

Although I personally feel that learning the actual speed of the game and spending time with all of the characters, their movesets, stages, and what have you would be far more beneficial to someone trying to be competitive... but to each his own.

But seriously, flaming and acting like *******es just because someone has a differing opinion? If you can't argue in a mature fashion, don't bother posting in topics like this. All it does is repeat the cycle of elitism and stupidity that Smashboards is quickly becoming famous for.

Stop giving this community such a bad rep, and grow up a little, okay?

Chipperbane

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to step down from my soap box.

But not after saying this! Hahanowavedashing.

To other topics!

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to step down from my soap box.

But not after saying this! Hahanowavedashing.

To other topics!
Stop clogging up my Smashboards. Christ...

No really, no one needs to rely on wavedashing to win. Don't be an *** about it.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I am a very casual player. My favorite thing to do right now in Melee is go to Super Sudden Death with Jiggly and have all sorts of explosion items on Temple, but I am still fascinated by all of these advanced techniques. They are great survival techniques.

As I have posted in another thread, a couple of days ago I saw a thread called "Can you DI the wrong way", I got so irritated b/c I didn't know what DIing was. I finally found a video on advanced techniques and I found out I have been DIing for years, same goes with teching. So now I am training with some of these adv. techniques. I am having a hard time with short hopping, L-canceling, Shuffling (OMG this is so hard to do), and Wavedashing. Yes I know Wavedashing is out in Brawl, but it gives me something to do while I wait for Brawl.

OMG Anther is amazing. His pikachu rocks!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^True. Anther is a beast.

Every now and then me and my friends have a Hyrule Temple match, ban edgeguarding, and just beat on each other seeing who lives the longest, who deals the most damage, who reached the highest percent, ect. It's really a nice change of pace every now and then. It's even more fun because we all get really good at teching by reaction. I can't believe that even when I'm taking a breather I'm still thinking competatively. lol

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it's as though you people are REALLY pushing it as far as "adavnced techs" go. People are even predicting tiers, which is even more ridiculous. Seriously guys, cool it.

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
How do you not raelise how dumb you sound when you criticize ppl for how they are using THEIR game? You shouldn't use alt+tab onur comp that hack F**K off u alt tab users! thats how dumb u sound

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty easy to ignore things that bother you on forums. Big forums.
In a way, I respect people who analyze things. They go a step further. I just don't like it when people get uptight about things.

(Slightly off topic, but is there a thread around here for terminology? >_> I kind of want to brush up on some of those "techniques" so maybe I do a tournament someday. I'm still not sure what DI stands for. ())

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
DI http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=60218.

This is what happens when people devote time to analyzing a game. And you're telling the to stop doing what ends up making great and informative threads like this? The bad threads will be flamed and then sink into the abyss, while the good threads will be continuously referenced and updated. That's what we're working for here.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't know why you're all claiming this is another casual vs competitive thread. You people might have turned it into one, but this thread was supposed to be between people who are excited about the game coming out, and Big Bob.

The argument here is simple - we've waited years for this. It's perfectly reasonable to be as excited and anxious as we are. I get like this every time an epic RPG is being developed.
We're claiming it as a competitive vs casual thread because most casual players would agree with the OP, while most competitive players would disagree with the OP.

So everyone is buying the game to discover new techniques? I thought they were excited for the game for.. playing the game, not being in 15minute fame on a forum? (sorry if this was worded wrong..)

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
So everyone is buying the game to discover new techniques? I thought they were excited for the game for.. playing the game, not being in 15minute fame on a forum? (sorry if this was worded wrong..)
People have fun in different ways. Strange but true.

Top Bottom