• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I know its Early But We Should Get Ready

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Hey, i know its early but we should already be preparing for FAST II, melee and brawl-wise, that means Frames if you can make another thread please do so and we can get everyone ready and looking forward to it months in advance, we could even possible get a better venue than last time, I personally want to do melee but i don't have anyone to train with so that means next time i'm at a tourney with chops or colbol, i want to learn some stuff, we should also think about actually doing regional crew battles this time (melee and brawl if possible) i've been trying to get better just for this event, and yes i'm the master of counterpicking but like afro told me "only winning matters" so as gay as people might play (ledge stall, chain grabs, release grabs, infinites, counterpicks) thats just the game so lets try to get ready for crews and lets stop feuding with each other, When M2k/Azen and their groupies come down here i want Florida to take top 5 as outrageous as that might sound, so Seibrik you better learn how to grab better:laugh: & i gotta pick up more characters to counter everyone...anyways lets get ready...CHOPS & TNT teach me Melee!! Oh, and if anyone needs practice against a character, just ask me to pick him up and i will try to play him/her at a high level...except yoshi ;)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hrnut I'll play melee with you all the time if you want.

Just come by and we can play. I'll make you insane at melee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would like to practice with you, I'm pretty good, but not pro, so I also want to get better. (only went to two tournies, gonna go to Inetz nov 1st for my third) :3 I would also like to get better with banning stages and CPing too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mostly Melee, but we can play Brawl too if you want though. I main Diddy for that, but its been a while that I have played, since I don't have a Wii. D: (Then maybe Wario or Ness, then Pokemon Trainer)

For Melee, I play Doc as my main, and Ness as my second. My third, well thats sort of open, I'm not really sure, so many to choose haha.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I only want to play melee.

I refuse to "practice" brawl.

my place is like 1.5 miles from UCF. It's walking distance. It'd be great if you could get a ride here some time, and I'll make you good at melee.

Frames

DI
Well, i'm glad you guys are super excited for fast 2, that really makes me feel good knowing that people are already getting hyped for it.

That being said, i'm not going to put up a thread yet because I don't have a venue secured yet. While some may say "well you didn't last time, but it was still ok", it wasn't ok, i know that we lost a bunch of OOS because they didn't know what was really going on. People don't want to have any doubt about a tournament, and with FAST 1 there was a significant amount of doubt regarding who would be there, where the venue was gonna be, when instead, there should've been mad hype.

I'm still working on a venue, and once I secure something then I'll make the thread and start getting people hyped.

Honestly though, the tournament's not gonna be till June or July anyway, expect a thread somewhere around late December/early January

edit - One thing i forgot to mention, I can't get a venue really until I figure out a good weekend, and i can't pick a good weekend until I know what other big summer tournaments we'll have to compete with. Right now we have to worry about:

Ohana - Date unknown - if i pick a date that isn't at least a month away from this we're screwed
FC?? - if they do another FC also that could be a problem
Random smashboards thing - i heard that people in the back room are working on a big tournament thing, something like a national circuit

anyways this is just stuff i gotta think about right now before i start making a thread and stuff

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cool, I like playing Marth's, its a challenge. ;p My caping game is good (well I think, its been a while since I have played friends though)

Where would Fast II be? And what is Venue? lol

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
FAST should most likely be in Orlando we'll get alot of people if we can get the Convention Center...i think smashers would flock to Orlando if we could secure a venue there

Frames

DI
lol well you just answered your own question

there's no VENUE yet so we have NOWHERE to hold fast 2

lol

edit - the problem with the convention center is that they're way overpriced, we got the y for 2700 for the weekend, the convention center wanted 4k

don't get me wrong tho it's a SWEET venue just really expensive

im trying to look for some kinda deal tho

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ahahaha, I was trying to find out what it was through context clues, but I see. But yeah Hrnut, it would be very kool to play you soon. I'm bored of not playing anyone for some time, well, seriously I mean. I play with a few friends, but then they get tired and want to do something else, or play something else.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
wow 4k...maybe if we could secure enough people from the west coast and what not to come then we could probably have the money for this...pot **** a little for a better event if you have to.

Well the nicer the place the better the outcome imo, like in GA at impact Clash if we could get like a ballroom there we'd be set but no one want to hold this tourney in GA, Lets find a nice hotel with a nice set-up and host it there...look at the Marriot Downtown and some other places

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I don't know why, but when I read the thread title I thought of Christmas >.>
However, Fast was super fun last time, if something magical happens and I get back into Brawl, I'd love to come, it was such a blast!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Ginger, you should become the best female smasher in the state, and **** OoS females (if they come) in matches and we'll put you in the FL Hall of Fame as Greatest Female Brawler ;)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If we ever go to the same tournament i will teach you what not to do against samus HRnut.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xyz I wanna play your falcon again. :3 (I think we played on FD too LOL)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I'm DEFINITELY not going to miss FAST II. No visit to my sister (1 hour away from Orlando -_-) is going to stop me this time! =P

Finch

Smash Lord
I used to beat rx but he learned how to fight ice climbers and now he wrecks me. He is getting a lot better all around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like playing DK, actually. :3 He is so powerful and quick, BOOOOOOOOOOOM. I just wished I played him a bit better, but I will practice with him alot.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, FAST1 kinda broke Frames's budget...

What would you guys feel about holding several...fundraiser tourneys for it? something like taking 30% from the pot and putting it into the FAST fund...

We could have three or four smaller tourneys just local... and put the money into a huge fund for FAST... it would allow us a LOT of room as far as venue choice and all that. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather not deal with another YMCA scandal... blah

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend

What would you guys feel about holding several...fundraiser tourneys for it? something like taking 30% from the pot and putting it into the FAST fund...

We could have three or four smaller tourneys just local... and put the money into a huge fund for FAST... it would allow us a LOT of room as far as venue choice and all that. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather not deal with another YMCA scandal... blah
I really like this idea. Seems very plausible.

Frames

DI

hmm...

m0ney pl0x...ty

Top Bottom