• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I know its Early But We Should Get Ready

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Thing is... we'll need more local tournaments to understand and take a small pot hit to help out a HUGE tournament.

Keep in mind that once again, we will not profit from FAST... so any money obtained will either be put into putting on the best tournament we could or it will go into the FAST pot to pad it and make it nice for entrants.

geez, I'm talking like I'm running the tournament. I won't be... it's just an idea I had.

Last time for FAST1, Kevin (Frames) took a financial hit to make sure it happened. It was an awesome tourney, all things considered. I don't want to see that happen. I don't want to see such a huge tournament that will bring OOSers to FL be held in a very cheapo venue... I'd like for the directors to make this a REALLY nice tournament...and they'll need funds for that.

So who would be interested in charging a small door fee... or taking a bit out of the pot to fund an awesome tourney? people really could use this to make FAST2 happen soon and great.

Finch

Smash Lord
Isn't the original problem that there are no venues in orlando that can host a decent tournament without a lot of pot ****? You'd have to take like 60-70% of the pot if you wanted to make extra money off of any tournament.

Frames

DI
right well what fenrir is saying is that people should host house tournies i.e. tournies at venues that have no cost to use and then take money out of those pots

idk how well this idea will work, but it's something to think about to say the least

ps - finch wobble wobble :monkey:

Top Bottom