• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just..want to know why you guys want DLC so bad...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
You see, I can understand downloadable skins and mods and such for FPS games, and Stuff for MMORPG's...but for a game like smash..the only thing plausable I could see is the Stages..and we got that. But characters? If they kept adding characters it'd be like MVC2..which has like what..50 or so characters? I forgot, but I think it's around there.

If they kept adding characters, people would complain because it might not be THEIR character that they wanted, and then they add some kinda character no one has even heard about before, then people will go "WTF!?" all over again, more roster complaints...
People will complain about ANYTHING...nitpicking...this is just..one of the things I find disturbing about downloadable characters...it would get too overloaded...and what about the people who don't have online? They get screwed over in the long run..Nintendo wants to make money from EVERYONE, and those who don't have..online, how would they benefit from them? They woulden't...you can't please everyone, but you can **** sure try..
I feel they put alot of work in Brawl, and with the amount of content it sure speaks it..

Yeah same final smashes? So what, yeah they could have had something different, but the game it's self is different all as a whole =/
Well... like you said, people will complain about anything, but since they would be additional, probably less people would complain, and itd be like the roster in the game probably-- no way for the fans to choose what character they want. Honestly, what I want the most is the rest of the Melee stages to be downloadable. About wtf characters.... i know that i at least find them really amusing. I would think more would be fun. If someone doesn't have online, this would be a good advertisement to make them want to get it... or perhaps a update disc could be purchased at the store.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
You've heard of the Giga Jiggly glitch, I'm sure? Let's say that can fix it. They release a patch that you can download. Or elt's say someone at Sora had a brilliant idea for a stage, but they don't want to delay. DLC. it goes on and on and on. Just look at any XBox or PS3 game. Vitua Fighter 5, Halo 3, Halo 2, Gears of War... the list goes on and on and on. All of them were very complete games at launch, but the DLC extended the lvie span. Until Halo 3 was released, EVERYONE was playing Halo 2, and it NEVER got old for them, because the DLC kept things exciting! With a longer lfiespan for BRawl, Nintendo gains customer satisfaction, which spreads through word of mouth which equals more Brawl and Wii sales and more customer satisfaction (etc), and then people have a generally positive view of Nintendo. Which leads to more sales of other games and systems...
Thing is..we already get daily stages, and a patch to fix bugs is a bit different, it isnt really content O.o

leechiahan

Smash Rookie
I couldn't care less about DLC, The game has more than enough content.

I want periodic game balance patches.
I agree to the maximum. I'm beginning to get worried about how solid the gameplay will be. And like all fighters, acheiving balance throughout the roster is extremely diffucult but probably the most important aspect of the competetive game. Patches would be great help for this.

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
In all though, it doesn't really bother me. I'm COMPLETELY satisfied and MORE. I just think it would be cool. Maybe characters isn't such a good idea, but stages that you can download PERMANATLY is DEFINATLY a great idea.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Yeah, stages however i'm cool with but also! WE CAN Download stages perminately...if I could find that site.. o_o;; i'd share it with you guys, it made me want to get an SD card haha..

Arteen

Smash Lord
Thing is..we already get daily stages, and a patch to fix bugs is a bit different, it isnt really content O.o
I'd prefer well-made, detailed, professionally designed and tested stages instead of the simplistic stage creator stages.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I'd prefer well-made, detailed, professionally designed and tested stages instead of the simplistic stage creator stages.
Who's to say people out there can't be creative? I'm sure tons of smash fans out there have some sick idea's for some wicked stages.

Haha..well what do you know apparently that site was shown here...

http://followingrevolution.com/?page_id=579

Arteen

Smash Lord
Who's to say people out there can't be creative? I'm sure tons of smash fans out there have some sick idea's for some wicked stages.
Absolutely none of the stages in Brawl, Melee, or 64 can be recreated with any accuracy due to the severely limited stage creator. I want stages like those. With the stage editior, you can't place spawn points, and you can't even create Final Destination of all stages because there aren't any slanted pieces that would work for the underside. You also can't play these stages online.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Absolutely none of the stages in Brawl, Melee, or 64 can be recreated with any accuracy due to the severely limited stage creator. I want stages like those. With the stage editior, you can't place spawn points, and you can't even create Final Destination of all stages because there aren't any slanted pieces that would work for the underside. You also can't play these stages online.
I was under the impression you can send custom stages to friends and play online with them >_>

Cinder

Smash Master
I was under the impression you can send custom stages to friends and play online with them >_>
You can...

And as for the topic question: why not have DLC's? I'm happy with the roster too, but would it hurt to have a few additions? Stop *****ing because people want something that could actually turn out to be the best new idea Brawl's ever seen...

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
You can...

And as for the topic question: why not have DLC's? I'm happy with the roster too, but would it hurt to have a few additions? Stop *****ing because people want something that could actually turn out to be the best new idea Brawl's ever seen...
...i'm not *****ing...I was just asking a question?
I guess this was to be expected...I just wanted to know why people wanted it so badly.
I expressed my Opinions, and people expressed theirs..there really hasn't been any arguements here o_o.

I'm not trying to stuff my opinion down their throat, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. =/
I was just expressing my concerns with the idea is all...please read the thread all the way if you havent..

G&Wismyhomeboy

Smash Cadet
The Wii only has 512 megs of flash memory in it. A tiny bit of that data is game saves, and most of it goes to Virtual Console downloads. If ~8.5 GB is not enough to hold Brawl and all its characters, what's another 512 meg going to do, besides clog up our already limited storage?

Some people will be unable to download characters because of space shortages, and when that happens, Brawl's online play will get really complicated (having to match up who has which character).

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really hoping for new chars, since I really doubt Nintendo could pull that off... I want more alt costumes, more stage creator stuff, and improved wifi stuff. Thats the most I could expect to be possible, let alone likely.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
Has it occurred to anybody that the data has been left on the disc because the game was made from Melee as a base?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Has it occurred to anybody that the data has been left on the disc because the game was made from Melee as a base?
I was thinking that as well, but also those other characters wernt in Melee, so that's kind of a double sided arguement..

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Because DLC increases a game's longitivety. Why is this such a bad thing? But I'm fine with it or without it, its not like Brawl NEEDS dlc it would be just something nice to have.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i am fine with the roster, DLC would be cool though. Either way I do not care, I just want the game to come out haha. Either way. either ways fine

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Because DLC increases a game's longitivety. Why is this such a bad thing?
This game has already so much...we already have Daily stages...
Melee lasted for what 6 years? and it's still going on...and it didn't even have any DLC(Simply for the fact it was a launch game but that doesnt matter aside from the fact that gamecubes online was well...not very big aside from PSO)...and now you guys are saying...DLC would make Brawl last longer...?
Who is to say it won't last just as long as Melee?

That's just my opinion...please..read back in the thread for more longer responses..if you like.

roguebanshee

Smash Cadet
The Wii only has 512 megs of flash memory in it. A tiny bit of that data is game saves, and most of it goes to Virtual Console downloads. If ~8.5 GB is not enough to hold Brawl and all its characters, what's another 512 meg going to do, besides clog up our already limited storage?

Some people will be unable to download characters because of space shortages, and when that happens, Brawl's online play will get really complicated (having to match up who has which character).
Downloadable characters would either have to be unavailable online or mandatory to play online. Neither option is going to please the majority of online players, unless there's only one or two downloadable characters total. And that will disappoint as well.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Read my sig... besides Sonic which I got earlier, all I wanted were those characters, they are some of my favorite characters from video game series, and I just wanted to be able to play as them, especially Isaac, but I didn't get a single one of them, and if there is a slightest chance that I can still play as them, I'll push for it.
1. Isaac 2. Krystal 3. Megaman 4. Mask Link/Oni Link 5. Micaiah

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
There's nothing wrong with getting more. Why wouldn't you want more? It's like rejecting a perfectly baked cookie fresh from the oven :(

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
1st off the only thing we've heard was that we are getting roy and mewtwo. DLC would be available for japan to get those characters. 5 or 6 other characters that were beta's at 1st are now worked on enough to be apart of the roster through DLC for everyone.

Thats not to bad... it didnt say there will be DLC forever and characters will keep being adding till the roster reached the 100s.

This would be the best way for them to do it I think. You download one patch that reads brawl extra gamer content or something. Once downloaded this would add extra event matches, some hidden stages in SSE, and crazy hand in classic mode. Beating these additional things will unlock those added characters and maybe 2 or 3 more stages and thats it.

Sorry I think it would be stupid to punish everyone, becuz a few people dont have the internet. Even if they don't i'm sure they know someone that does. I would just carry it to someones house and get it from them or something. I mean almost everything relys on the net now a days. I MEAN COME ON schools are doing classes through the internet now for christ sake!

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Please, not trying to start an arguement, I know some people are dissapointed with the roster. I personally am fine with it. Just, why do you guys want Downloadable characters so badly? I mean this game is HUGE,
I stopped reading after that.

Isn't it obvious... If its already huge, it will get enourmous. Then gigantic, then... supergigantichugenormous.

A game can always get better, i LOVE the roster right now, but more characters would make me love it even more

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
In essence, it's likely that a huge number of people here didn't get all or possibly even any of the characters they wanted to be in Brawl in Brawl. That's an incredibly huge disappointment and the idea of those characters possibly being downloadable is just final straws to grasp at. I'm all for downloadable characters because I might see some characters I wanted who never got in.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I stopped reading after that.

Isn't it obvious... If its already huge, it will get enourmous. Then gigantic, then... supergigantichugenormous.

A game can always get better, i LOVE the roster right now, but more characters would make me love it even more
....thing is...we can't always have what we want..

I can't do anything about it anyways...
It's Nintendo's call, all I can do is just express my opinion it won't change anything.
I just hope it isnt true, it'd..just be weird..o_o
I know it sucks some characters didn't make it, but like I said before...
What happens when you finally get the character you wanted?
How would you actually feel? Sure you might feel thrilled and excited...but was it really well worth it? What if you get bored of it? Maybe feel guilty after a while?
I dunno, It just feels like demand...which kinda get's me :urg:

BentoBox

Smash Master
You have no argument other than ''we already have a lot'' which still doesn't explain why you wouldn't want anything more. DLC stands for downloadable content, by the way. How would anyone feel guilty of having their characters in the game? And how is the fact that it'd feel weird considered a good argument? Patches allow for fixes which can greatly improve a game as it'd correct flaws/bugs and whatnot.

You make no sense.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
You have no argument other than ''we already have a lot'' which still doesn't explain why you wouldn't want anything more. DLC stands for downloadable content, by the way. How would anyone feel guilty of having their characters in the game? And how is the fact that it'd feel weird considered a good argument? Patches allow for fixes which can greatly improve a game as it'd correct flaws/bugs and whatnot.

You make no sense.
How much of the thread did you read? o_o I have expressed other opinions on it really.
And feeling guilty? You smite them because you don't have the characters you want, so you kick scream and whine untill they do it. and when they did, I think i'd feel bad afterwards.
It's like a child reaching for a toy on the top shelf and is told no, he gets mad and does it anyway and all the toys fall on top of him.

Why woulden't I want anymore? Simply because I am fine with it like it is, The roster is fine, I don't see any reason to ADD anymore characters, it'd just make alot of people upset because also THEY CAN'T CHOOSE what character they want in. Nintendo would probably select a random character that looks cool maybe, and if it isnt the character that people wanted. What happens? Outrage, and people get pissed off.
I want to avoid all this crap, and just live and let live.
I think people should just accept it as is, but if they want to press on for DLC be my guest, however I Just don't think it's a good idea other than stages which we were already shown that we would get.

it doesn't make any sense, if downloadable characters came true and everyone got what they wanted, someone would STILL complain about it, because people nitpick alot of things.
I can't really win an arguement against opinions as they are only opinions...

I am satisfied with the huge amount of content we have already been given, let me try to get everything first before I decide I even want anymore than what we got. Brawl has enough content to keep me going for months on end already from the looks of it, even years probably. I just don't see the need to add anymore characters.

But if you want to hope for more characters, by all means do so.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
why wouldnt u want to be able to download more characters and stages? i mean come on sure we have 35 characters and 41 stages but why not have 40 characters and 50 stages. its like sayin do u want a $15 gift card or a $50 one, I think every one would pick the $50.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
why wouldnt u want to be able to download more characters and stages? i mean come on sure we have 35 characters and 41 stages but why not have 40 characters and 50 stages. its like sayin do u want a $15 gift card or a $50 one, I think every one would pick the $50.
I'm only against characters.... -.-;;
The stages we already get because it was an intended feature..
And I'm FINE with stages, that's just totally different to me, new experince everyday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm only against characters.... -.-;;
The stages we already get because it was an intended feature..
And I'm FINE with stages, that's just totally different to me, new experince everyday.
What's wrong with new characters?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I did. All I got was that you think people would just complain even more. That's not much of a reason.
Well honestly, with more characters comes balance, then comes creating the models, thinking up move sets for them, bug testing, final smashes, their place and use in the game it's self, the size, the weight, the strength, the skinning, colouring, voice acting, animations, then importing it some how to make it fit on the roster.
That takes alot...of well time. Also hiring people to do this, casting people for the voices, they would need an entire team to do this...honestly I don't think they would just make a team just for fan service like this..
Also...since the "Unlocked all characters" has been shown...I really don't see the point :/

The game is done, they want you to be able to enjoy it for what it has, not what it doesnt have.

Black/Light

Smash Master
People want DLC because people want more things in the game. . .simple as that.

COMMON human nature. You want more. . .more choices to choose from, more new things to discover, more content for a game that you plan on playing for the next 6+ years.

Im OK with the roster as is. . . BUT even I want DLC in the form of new colors (I WANT THAT DAM SHINY CHAR!) and DLC for more taunts.

And I see no reason to be against DLC for characters. Im not getting my hopes up but I see not one reason for it not to happen. From my stance "not everyone can get DLC so it's not fair" amoung other reasons I have seen are all moot.

Im sure you can find someone who have WiFi and brawl. . . .just save their game on a SD card and transfer it to your Wii.:ohwell:

And IF theres DLC for characters Im very much sure they would have been made ore very close to being complete by the late stages of the game devilopment. Balance? Thats not a reason if they where already worked on.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I don't want DLC because my favorite character didn't make it in, I want DLC because more is better.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
People want DLC because people want more things in the game. . .simple as that.

COMMON human nature. You want more. . .more choices to choose from, more new things to discover, more content for a game that you plan on playing for the next 6+ years.

Im OK with the roster as is. . . BUT even I want DLC in the form of new colors (I WANT THAT DAM SHINY CHAR!) and DLC for more taunts.

And I see no reason to be against DLC for characters. Im not getting my hopes up but I see not one reason for it not to happen. From my stance "not everyone can get DLC so it's not fair" amoung other reasons I have seen are all moot.

Im sure you can find someone who have WiFi and brawl. . . .just save their game on a SD card and transfer it to your Wii.:ohwell:
Haha, well I have wifi so it doesnt effect me...
I just think the team who made Brawl put alot of hard work in the game though...
And seeing fans say "THE ROSTER SUCKS! WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS!? BLARGH!"
I'd feel bad o_o it's kinda insulting to them, as well..they did work their ***** off o_o..
I dunno really I can't really express any other than what i've said...it's just the time and the money required to make this possible, just for a few characters...I think Nintendo would have better things to do like..make more games then just add more characters to an existing game which is already awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom