• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I haven't seen a topic about this, so I guess I'll show you. :p "Get any pokemon you

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
....want without AR."

http://community.livejournal.com/pokewifi/2167924.html

Sending pokemon from your PC to your game! Using the GTS!
(I asked for mod approval to post this, so 's all good)

I see lots of requests for event pokemon and the like around, and I just read about/tested this method, and lo and behold, it works! The short version is:

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, you can exploit the GTS in such a way as to send a pokemon file from your computer to your actual game. In essence allowing you to give yourself LEGIT event pokemon or... any pokemon!

Interested? Read on!

Pretty much, this is an exploitation of the GTS Gift system in HG/SS, using a program written in the programming language Python, that tells your game's GTS that you've received a pokemon.

Preemptive warning! I've never had a problem, nor have I heard of any, but I make no claims of absolute safety of this method. There COULD be a minute chance of this bricking your game or deleting your save, but I see no reason why it would. Use at one's own risk, though.

What you'll need!
-Python 2.6
-A few Python files to be linked herein
-.PKM files of the pokemon you'd like to receive
-Wifi access, of course

And the procedure?

1. If you don't already have it, download Python 2.6 and install it. Python is simply a programming language.

2. Download these files. Extract them somewhere nice and easy to remember. These files are programs written in Python.

3. Download a couple .PKM files of your choice. May I recommend http://www.pkmdb.com/ ? Here are their Event pokemon downloads (you want the pokemon files, not the Wonder Cards)

4. Place them in the same folder as the sendpkm.zip files, the ones you downloaded in step two (not necessary, but makes it easier). Note: it must be designated as a Party Pokemon, not a Storage Pokemon. You probably won't have to worry about this if you're just downloading from the above site. However, this method works with pokemon files created through the use of Pokesav, too. NOTE: The GTS DOES still check for blatant hacks! Any moveset is allowed, but no 255 EVs in all stats or the like, else you won't be able to receive it.

5. Drag and drop a .PKM file ONTO the file "sendpkm.py". It will open a dos prompt window that will say what IP address you need to enter in the next step.

6. In your DS's wifi settings (accessible at the bottom of the Continue screen on your Pokemon game), assuming you've already got a connection to your local wireless network set up, click the settings for that connection. Scroll down a bit and, where it says something about the "DNS", change Autoconnect to "No", and manually enter the IP address that the dos prompt says (it should be a LAN address, so possibly beginning with 192.168 or similar). Save your settings and load your game.

7. Go to the GTS in-game. Connect and if all went well, you will receive the Pokemon you uploaded! It will be sent to Box 1 in your PC, if your party is full. Oftentimes, the connection takes longer than normal to establish. It's okay, it's normal.

8. Don't forget to set the DNS settings on your DS back to normal if you want to use official online functions!

Also: it's apparently common to, after connecting to the GTS, receive a bluescreen sort of error in-game. Depending on when this happens, your Pokemon may already be saved, or you may need to reconnect and get it again. In my tests, though, it's totally fine and natural to happen, just a bit annoying, and has NO bearing on your actual game.

This sounds a little convoluted, but it honestly works! Don't be afraid to take a whack at it; the worst thing that may happen if you flub up is having to reset your Wifi settings. Feel free to try it, and have fun getting those event pokemon you missed out on!

Any questions, just ask :D.

Edit: A commonly reported error when trying to execute this is a "socket error 10013" on Vista and up. This just means you have some other program running that's clogging the port Python wants to use. Likely culprits are Skype and Steam. Try killing those processes (or any other you think might be the issue) and trying again.

Too good. :)

EDIT: Here's some link for people too lazy to go the the link. >____>

Python 2.6: http://python.org/download/
Python files: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycydiznqzkz
PKM files: http://www.pkmdb.com/; http://www.pkmdb.com/NDS-English-Event-Downloads (Event downloads) ; or you could use Pokesav and make PKM files manually. ;p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
.pkm are PokeSAV Pokemon files.

This is PokeSAV without the AR, nothing but.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Python isn't illegal, PokéSAV isn't illegal, so why would this be illegal? It's just Wi-Fi AR.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Basically what UltiMario said. PokeSav isn't illegal, so something that makes use of it without Action Replay in this case Python isn't illegal.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
HOLY **** I might actually get a DS. I think I'll wait a couple weeks to see if this gets fixed.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You mean Pokésav files. Python is a programming language, all of the Python stuff is used to transfer the Pokémon and the coding is done for you already.

I tried this last night and it wouldn't let me connect to Wi-Fi. Every time it gave me a different error code. I have a feeling my router's security settings are messing with it, but I haven't had time to fool with it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Awww it worked~! :D
Just made a porygon-z with it. Thank you soooooo much for posting this. I lost my AR awhile ago but now I can start sav'in again~! =w=

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I haven't used sendpkm myself but I've connected to a couple distro servers that run the GTS nuker. The whole explanation behind this is amazing. Reading the technical aspect was interesting.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
:/ That is a problem. I can give it a shot this weekend but I might be busy so no promises.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Ok i FINALLY downloaded pokesav (for hgss this time, dppt doesnt work for some strange reason :( )

So every time i try to put mt OT name in, It doesnt show up, it neglects i even typed it :(

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
Awww it worked~! :D
Just made a porygon-z with it. Thank you soooooo much for posting this. I lost my AR awhile ago but now I can start sav'in again~! =w=
lol, no problem

I'm shocked this topic hasn't gotten more posts TBQH >_>

It's basically AR without the AR. Unless everyone here has access to AR already o_O (Or maybe they don't own the game. ;>.>)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, this is EXTREMELY illegitimate, as much as the AR as if not more so by CREATING GTS SERVERS.

Besides, very little matters for in-game, since a larger chunk of competitive play is on Shoddy Battle.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
People still play in-game. Just because a large chunk of competitive play is Shoddy doesn't mean there's no competitive play on DS, and it doesn't mean people wouldn't want to PokéSav legit Pokémon (i.e. get physically possible and merely difficult to obtain Pokémon, before someone jumps on me for calling this "legit") for other purposes. Especially when it comes to event Pokémon that people don't want to go out of their way to drive somewhere and get.

It allows people to PokéSav without using AR, which is extremely useful for me as I cannot add codes to my AR for a reason which I've yet to decipher/fix.

Of course, I tried it once and was unable to get it to work, but if I can get it to work it could be infinitely useful.

I'm really getting tired of this "It doesn't matter because it's in-game and we have Shoddy" attitude. There are CLEARLY people here who play in-game and only in-game, so it's not as if it's some unheard of minority somewhere in existence.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You can't input new codes into newer Gamecube ARs. Not sure if it's at all related, but whatever.
No, my AR DS used to be able to add new codes, and now it can't anymore, because it won't even recognize that it's connected to the computer.

@Vulcan: What do you mean what does it mean? It means exactly what it says, go to the GTS in HeartGold/SoulSilver...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Mine had the same problem.

Try updating the AR software and trying now, it fixed recently for me so it may do the same for you.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mine had the same problem.

Try updating the AR software and trying now, it fixed recently for me so it may do the same for you.
Thanks for the advice, but it still doesn't appear to fix it...the DS keeps waiting for my computer and my computer keeps waiting for my DS. I just learned that new versions of ARDS let you manually input codes (a feature which should've been available from the start), so I'm considering just shelling out the $20 for a new one. Manually inputting codes is nice and I'm so zetta tired of having a practically useless AR.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Well, this is EXTREMELY illegitimate, as much as the AR as if not more so by CREATING GTS SERVERS.

Besides, very little matters for in-game, since a larger chunk of competitive play is on Shoddy Battle.
Battle Tower.

Also this works, I tried it out.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
This is amazing. I might actually wipe off the dust on my DS and actually play it lol

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I really want to do this, but i want specific pokemon,rather than just a pokemon with any ol nature/evs/ivs/other
I figured how to use pokesav
Now im getting that stupid blue screen error ( with no groudon :()

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's very interesting, though I breed so I'd never care for it. Still, if this carries over to 5th gen, I'll be getting Zoruark this way I guess.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well it sounds lame, but I breed for the accomplishment. If you do the same you won't get obsessed with this method. I don't plan on using it, mainly because I'm done breeding/wifi untill Gen5. I hope this works in Gen5 though.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
So I tried this. I made my own Jolteon on Pokesav and tried making everything as correct as possible. There's a small chance I missed something, but I swear I got everything right the first time. I followed the instructions exactly: drag the pkm file onto sendpkm.py, the prompt showed up, I changed my DS' Primary DNS, entered the GTS, and got the bluescreen. HOWEVER, every attempt following my first has resulted in nothing in the GTS. I've messed with every option and I could not find out why. I even tried using a normal PKM file from pkmdb.com. Anyone here have a guess?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol at ppl thinking this is legal

this is just a method of transferring hacked pokemon to your game

however, I have used this method and it works great. I love this new program

Top Bottom