• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question about Snake's stickied C4.

FoolHater

Smash Rookie
As I have been previewing which threads I would or would not in-depth read, I wonder if many of you use Snake's stickied C4 for defensive options.

I know Snake can stick his C4 on other opponents and himself, though the C4 can migrate to other opponents. However, at some instances, can the C4 drop completely off the target and fall to the ground like the gooey bomb (or maybe I am just dreaming)? :urg:

Recently, I have been trying to get the C4 stuck on myself while airborne (lol, everyone knows this), and then running by opponents to "pass the C4 on" (maybe even detonating the surprised opponent immediately).

Defensively, is that tactic reasonable, because the opponent will be rendered in a spot-dodging, shielding, rolling, or air-dodging panic? Then again, will the opponent simply focus his endeavors on dropping the C4 or passing it back onto Snake, considering the C4 detonates automatically in 27 seconds (from Susa's "25 for Mines, 27 for C4?")? :(

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You cant *stick* yourself o.0 so idk where you got that from. And yes c4's can drop off of people after you sticky them. However we have a Q&A thread for this stuff. Please dont make unnecessary threads ^_^ any1 would be glad to answer any and all ?'s in the Q&A thread.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
C4 stickying sucks tbh, its like a decent mixup in a few situations (like your opponent shielding on a platform). But even then, they can just react do you detonating it with shield/air dodge.

FoolHater

Smash Rookie
You cant *stick* yourself o.0 so idk where you got that from.
I never stated Snake could stick the C4 on himself while grounded. I, however, did not state Snake can pull out the C4 in the air, and then "stick" it onto himself (like how some people use C4 as recovery boost).

Kuro said:
And yes c4's can drop off of people after you sticky them. However we have a Q&A thread for this stuff. Please dont make unnecessary threads ^_^ any1 would be glad to answer any and all ?'s in the Q&A thread.
Thanks, I will remember those Q&A threads for any future questions. But does the C4 drop off opponents randomly?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I never stated Snake could stick the C4 on himself while grounded. I, however, did not state Snake can pull out the C4 in the air, and then "stick" it onto himself (like how some people use C4 as recovery boost).

Thanks, I will remember those Q&A threads for any future questions. But does the C4 drop off opponents randomly?
You can never stick yourself, only get it transferred by sticking an opponent.

If you hit them with another explosion there's a chance it'll fall off.

Also the c4 falls off in 27 seconds or something like that.
It falls off in about 13 seconds (just tried it), but I believe more accurately it's 13.5

FoolHater

Smash Rookie
Ah, so in the videos, the C4 bomb never stuck on Snake while airborne, he just detonated it when he was near the C4.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
When you stick a C4 on an opponent, he'll just try getting it attached to you.
Lol not all the time as you can shield it or airdodge through it if your opponent is good he won't panic when he has a C4 on him and will just find an easy way to avoid the damage when its activated it either by you or by itself. I'ts a good move to combo with and shield pressure as well.

Top Bottom