• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question about how YOU pull out bananas

ADHD

Smash Hero
I want to tally up some things I can add to my game and I've seen a few tactics but nobody seems to say anything about it. I've seen tilt pluck to lure an opponent in and then fair catch it by advent which was pretty sweet. So just say what you do and I'd like to see if i can learn from you :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
The best way I have found is to run off the stage for that extra space and full hop, pull two out. A lot of the time what will happen is that they will pick the first one up and the 2nd one will fall on them, which is pretty useful. If your opponent has just died, another way is to pull one out before they come back, grab it, SH off the stage and pull one out, midair jump and throw the one you have. This works to because you can often banana lock them.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Yea I like to bait the opponent with my bananas. It makes the whole idea of "approaching" seem much more simple lolz.

:monkey:

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I jump in the opposite direction pull out a banana jump before I land again and pull out another banana. If there's no pressure then I just pull it out and grab it in the air.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sometimes I try to combo into them (like dash attack, uptilt uptilt turnaround upair, downB).
Sometimes I just jump away and pull them out... (if I'm away far enough so that they can't punish).
Sometimes I just stand there and pull them out right next to them... (sometimes they get hit, because they also don't expect it...)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I like to:

1) Pull one out, full hop and Z-catch it, and pull another right after. That way you've got both nanas out in one jump.

2) when they die, pull one and hold it. Holding it stops them from picking it up in their invincibility frames.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
idk why people get so crazy pulling them out

I turn around and press down b, once or twice depending how close they are.

half the time when they run in to punish the banana just hits them, and the time it takes them to jump over it or roll around it is more than enough time for you to get out of the way.

ok well I probably do full hop then second jump pull out more in actual matches, but I am just saying never forget your simplest option.

IDK

Smash Lord
how many of these threads have there been??? i mean, seriously chrome, you're a lot better than that. idk wut to say...

Top Bottom