• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got you Nook-haters pegged!

Bane

Smash Journeyman
True dat.
I can neither confirm, nor deny the fact that Tom Nook is, or isn't a playable character.
But KK Slider has a higher possibility. Play a match saturday at 8pm! KK Slider Comes Out!

GAME!!!

**Whoop Whoop** Challenger Approaching!!
KK Slider shows up.

There's gonna be an AC character, whether it is Nook or KK Slider, it'll be awesome.
Not only that, but the: "Hero's always arrive late" comment that Sakurai foreshadows your theory...

Mari0sPooPoo

Smash Journeyman
I would like to start by saying stop providing statements like "this topic is awful" and "What is the point? Omgz you failz." He can argue on whatever he wants.

Ok... Tom Nook. I support him, I suppose. Do I believe he will get in? No.

If Brawl featured a character from AC, imo it would be more likely the AC human, because that's the character we all used from the game. Secondly, Tom Nook is a shop owner, not a fighter. What would he do? Throw paper at us and make us pay bills? Um... lol?

As for the backround statement, your ignorant to use it as proof for either side of this discussion.

Finally, what if Brawl was open to 50 characters or more... There is such a vast list of possiblities, i've heard hundreds of possible characters. If you don't believe me, read the 'Smash it Up' series on IGN's brawl page. Now this is purely opinion, but how important is Tom Nook? Would you really think of him being in a roster that will be broadly around 30-50 characters, of which most character's are either playable in some game or featured there own title? Eh... Tom Nook doesn't really matter that much. In fact, using your logic, LavisFiend, you could very well use one of the generic villiagers of or townspeople. Just something to think about...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Lavis, you are the definition of everything that is wrong with the world today. And you know what's wrong with the world? Boundless arrogance, idiocy, and a stupefying amount of whine.

You have 0 point. You're whining endlessly about something that doesn't even matter one bit. Moreover, you're being arrogant about it and thinking you're intelligent for something as ******** as your own predictions about a videogame. The very fact that you think you're "Destroying ignorance" about WHETHER OR NOT TOM NOOK (Yes, Tom Nook, because Nook is serious business, right?) WILL BE IN THE F***ING GAME just proves that you are a childish, ignorant little b****.

Shut up.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Three strike rule does not exist with a form of "Evidence" that is not real evidence.

Also...

YO MOMMA! >=D
I'll just leave it at this...be glad I don't know where the report button is. This REALLY needs to stop.

Neither side is getting anywhere because we're completely immune to the other side's attacks.

Not a single unit has been turned.

The front lines haven't shifted a bit in either direction.

All of the arguments you're doing are going around in circles (which is a fanboysim standard).

You see, we're basically stuck in a stalemate until December 3rd when the Prima Strategy Guide comes out (Unlike Brawl, it WASN'T delayed) and settles all debates like a Hydrogen Bomb.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Dude, Lavis, you are the definition of everything that is wrong with the world today. And you know what's wrong with the world? Boundless arrogance, idiocy, and a stupefying amount of whine.

You have 0 point. You're whining endlessly about something that doesn't even matter one bit. Moreover, you're being arrogant about it and thinking you're intelligent for something as ******** as your own predictions about a videogame. The very fact that you think you're "Destroying ignorance" about WHETHER OR NOT TOM NOOK (Yes, Tom Nook, because Nook is serious business, right?) WILL BE IN THE F***ING GAME just proves that you are a childish, ignorant little b****.

Shut up.
Really? I thought it was politics.

I love love LOVE how you just basically had nothing to do but flame me. You are such a ****ing tool, it's orgasmic.

Have fun with your fail. Door is to your right. Door to the left is reserved for those who at least have a brain stem. =P

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Really? I thought it was politics.

I love love LOVE how you just basically had nothing to do but flame me. You are such a ****ing tool, it's orgasmic.

Have fun with your fail. Door is to your right. Door to the left is reserved for those who at least have a brain stem. =P
Ya, I only flamed you because if I disagreed with the fact that Nook isn't in the game you'd freak out and scream and whine like a b****.

You are flamebait incarnate. Worthless pieces of s*** like you should be expected to get flamed.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I'll just leave it at this...be glad I don't know where the report button is. This REALLY needs to stop.

Neither side is getting anywhere because we're completely immune to the other side's attacks.

Not a single unit has been turned.

The front lines haven't shifted a bit in either direction.

All of the arguments you're doing are going around in circles (which is a fanboysim standard).

You see, we're basically stuck in a stalemate until December 3rd when the Prima Strategy Guide comes out (Unlike Brawl, it WASN'T delayed) and settles all debates like a Hydrogen Bomb.
Hey, you just called me a fanboy...

yet....

You were doing the same thing...

What does that make you a "fanboy" of?

and I already vouched to end this, I am even palling around with some of the members who have yet to take this as seriously as the bulk of you people are.

Don't give me that.

Wait, how is the strategy guide NOT delayed....

That makes not a lick of sense. =\

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ya, I only flamed you because if I disagreed with the fact that Nook isn't in the game you'd freak out and scream and whine like a b****.

You are flamebait incarnate. Worthless pieces of s*** like you should be expected to get flamed.
I have yet to do that...

People offered their points, and how they gave the points is how I gave them back.

If they acted like they had a brain about the deal, I treated them right.

If they went all turbo fanboy and biased, I did too...

What YOU are is the prime example of what you hate so dearly.

YOU are the flamebait. You have offered nothing to the discussion except targeting me, in an attempt to get flames at you.

Must be fun getting put in place by someone you hate so dearly eh?

Give it a rest, you are just as bad as me, (or rather, as bad as you make me out to be in your mind.)

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Now I can't wrap my mind around the fact that the guide to Brawl comes out December 3rd. I think that'll be delayed as well.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to do that...

People offered their points, and how they gave the points is how I gave them back.

If they acted like they had a brain about the deal, I treated them right.

If they went all turbo fanboy and biased, I did too...

What YOU are is the prime example of what you hate so dearly.

YOU are the flamebait. You have offered nothing to the discussion except targeting me, in an attempt to get flames at you.

Must be fun getting put in place by someone you hate so dearly eh?

Give it a rest, you are just as bad as me, (or rather, as bad as you make me out to be in your mind.)
I don't necessarily hate you. I just think you're a stupid little nothing who has really grand delusions of importance and intelligence.

And actually, if I was flamebait, I would say something idiotic like "NOOK IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE IN BRAWL, AND ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T THINK SO IS IGNORANT!" or "Ridley's boss only!"

So ya, you could actually try and wrap your mind around what's going on, or you could just... stop showcasing your own complete lack of mental capacity.

Also, you put me in no place, cause, I don't care what you think. You're nothing, and nothing can't put me anywhere.

Oh ya, and just so I can "add to the discussion" (this isn't even a discussion, it's chaos):

Nook isn't a PC in Brawl. Get over it.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Hey, you just called me a fanboy...

yet....

You were doing the same thing...

What does that make you a "fanboy" of?

and I already vouched to end this, I am even palling around with some of the members who have yet to take this as seriously as the bulk of you people are.

Don't give me that.

Wait, how is the strategy guide NOT delayed....

That makes not a lick of sense. =\
At least I can actually acknowledge(sp?) the fact that I am a fanboy. You can never vouch an end to a forum debate unless you're a Mod or Admin since they can lock threads. As long as the thread is open, the debate is alive, even if it's long dormant like the ones deep in the archives.

As for the strategy guide I'm as confused as you. The only way we'll figure it out is if someone contacts Prima asking about it.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Most likely, they'll wait, because Sakurai'll be making more tweaks during December and January that Prima won't be aware of if they still put it out on December 3rd.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Tom Nook seems unlikely. I could care less that he's were in the background, I've thought he was unlikely from the beginning. I very much enjoy the Animal Crossing series, and I also thought from the beginning, that we would get an AC stage. I was surprised by how incredibly well AC is getting represented in Brawl. It really has me happy. Although, I'm not convinced that we will see a character from the series, and I highly doubt it would be Tom Nook if anyone.

Why Tom Nook? Sure, he's possibly the most recognizable character in Animal Crossing, but he's still not the main character. He's not even the mascot; He doesn't even appear on the box art of the games! Now, the Animal Crossing human is a much more agreeable character. Afterall, Animal Crossing is all about you and your interactions with the simple animal villagers in your town - Not Tom Nook. The AC Human would actually FEEL like an AC character. People are used to seeing that little human using all those tools and moving around. There's much more to work with. It may also be worth mentioning that the AC Human was on Sakurai's poll twice. That's more mentions than Tom Nook had, which could mean Sakurai is more interested in the human, rather than Nook.

Did I say Tom Nook won't be in Brawl? No. He just seems very unlikely when compared to the main character of the series - You.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why did I post in this topic? The thread creator is looking much like a troll now...

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't believe in Tom Nook. Therefore, he's not in Brawl.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I don't necessarily hate you. I just think you're a stupid little nothing who has really grand delusions of importance and intelligence.

And actually, if I was flamebait, I would say something idiotic like "NOOK IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE IN BRAWL, AND ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T THINK SO IS IGNORANT!" or "Ridley's boss only!"

So ya, you could actually try and wrap your mind around what's going on, or you could just... stop showcasing your own complete lack of mental capacity.

Also, you put me in no place, cause, I don't care what you think. You're nothing, and nothing can't put me anywhere.

Oh ya, and just so I can "add to the discussion" (this isn't even a discussion, it's chaos):

Nook isn't a PC in Brawl. Get over it.
The hell it can't. A social "nothing" (AKA prison guy lol) can put you in a grave. =p

and dude, flamebait has many variations, don't be stupid man. =/ You are verbally assaulting me for no reason to get flames right back at you. Give it up.

I am only acting "superior" because I have the liberty of doing so. >=D

That bit about me wrapping my mind around whats going on and showcasing my mental capacity...

Guess what genius? You are doing the exact same thing. Shades of grey. [/b]

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The premise of having an ACer being the rep of AC... just seems unappealing to me. It leaves a bad, BAD taste in my mouth...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
At least I can actually acknowledge(sp?) the fact that I am a fanboy. You can never vouch an end to a forum debate unless you're a Mod or Admin since they can lock threads. As long as the thread is open, the debate is alive, even if it's long dormant like the ones deep in the archives.

As for the strategy guide I'm as confused as you. The only way we'll figure it out is if someone contacts Prima asking about it.
Prima needs a number lol.

I have acknowledged I am a fanboy, but I am not a fanboy of Nook.

It's all about the Megaman and Mach Rider baby. >=D

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Tom Nook seems unlikely. I could care less that he's were in the background, I've thought he was unlikely from the beginning. I very much enjoy the Animal Crossing series, and I also thought from the beginning, that we would get an AC stage. I was surprised by how incredibly well AC is getting represented in Brawl. It really has me happy. Although, I'm not convinced that we will see a character from the series, and I highly doubt it would be Tom Nook if anyone.

Why Tom Nook? Sure, he's possibly the most recognizable character in Animal Crossing, but he's still not the main character. He's not even the mascot; He doesn't even appear on the box art of the games! Now, the Animal Crossing human is a much more agreeable character. Afterall, Animal Crossing is all about you and your interactions with the simple animal villagers in your town - Not Tom Nook. The AC Human would actually FEEL like an AC character. People are used to seeing that little human using all those tools and moving around. There's much more to work with. It may also be worth mentioning that the AC Human was on Sakurai's poll twice. That's more mentions than Tom Nook had, which could mean Sakurai is more interested in the human, rather than Nook.

Did I say Tom Nook won't be in Brawl? No. He just seems very unlikely when compared to the main character of the series - You.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why did I post in this topic? The thread creator is looking much like a troll now...
Winner is you. Thanks for posting your ideas in a normal, unflamming manner. I would debate your post, but that would just start a whole nother merri-go-round of who is right and who is wrong.

You won though. Thanks for giving me your take on the deal, and not claiming Tom nook as "deconfirmed and impossible."

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
"It is all thanks to one of my good friends. He too, makes shallow arguments regarding Tom Nook's inclusion, saying that he won't be in because he just dosen't fit the game. He dosen't fit. He dosen't fit. He is a raccoon. He won't fit. He wears an apron and sells things. He won't fit. I am not going to bore you with an obvious pwnage session today, but I will say this;"

All the Nook-haters share the exact-same thing; lack of imagination... and an inferiority complex. This simply means that they just can't register a "kiddy" character to be in a game with other characters. Notice how ridiculous that is? It's true, don't deny it.

Nook-haters...

You REALLY, TRULY, SERIOUSLY, don't want Nook in do you?

Duh.

Why?
Hes in the backround. All background characters are hated. You didnt realize that?

No seriously, I am listening, why?
Pointed off above.
Give me a good reason why you don't want a popular 1st party character to smash alongside his Nintendo brethren. Why...

He isnt popular. If anyone, it'd be Resetti and Slider, which are also deconfirmed.

Tell me why you hold on so dearly to a technicality that holds no ground.
I named my reason.

Tell me why....
First of all, what proof do you have that Nook has a fanbase?

Tell me why you are so stubborn to DEFEND a technicality against a 1st party character!
The whole furniature thing seems more Dr. Wright..

Help me understand why the vast majority of Nook-haters are silly children with an inferiority complex....

Why can't a franchise explore different genres? Mario did it, he is all over the dang place...
Animal Crossing human kills this.

Show me one reason why you can't imagine a raccoon alongside other popular nintendo candidates.

NOOK ISNT POPULAR. Last time I checked, it was the other villagers. Nook was just a rip-off artist.

Why do you not have any imagination in this aspect?
Dr Wright throws this guy away basicly.

PROVE ME WRONG

You can't can you?

Exactly.

Yes we can.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Why do you think Sakurai would go through the trouble of putting him in the background and showing him in nearly every Smashville screenshot? It's obvious he's trying to show Nook lovers that he will not be playable. If he could be in the background and in the front at the same time, that means all of the Assist Trophies could be playable too. According to you, characters built into stages can be playable but Assist Trophies can't. For all you know, once you unlock the character the Assist Trophy could stop popping up. But they wouldn't do that because it's dumb. You know it's true. If there was some random character you didn't want in and some random guy came on here saying "He can fight and watch at the same time" you would probably call him stupid, etc. The only real reason you are trying to back this up so much is you want this character in and you know it probably won't happen, but you hope it will so you try to come up with a "logical" reason why it can.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
*sigh* We already have an official Tom Nook thread...

Haha, I think the only way to lock all these worthless, repeated threads is if they had every single mod on SWF be online 24/7 and assign all of them to this room.

We recognize these repeated threads because we've been here longer than a lot of the people in the Brawl room(a year longer than the OP in this case), and it's obviously beyond most people to search for a corresponding thread and add their thoughts there. Instead, they cry, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME" and tell everyone to leave Britney alone. This thread being the perfect example.

You know what? I'm not even gonna say anything.

Conker1

Smash Ace
1)Tom Nook will not be playable. He's in the background. If he was playable, why put him in the background in the first place?
2)Notice also, Sakurai has given ZERO clues as to new characters. Do you remember any clues leading up to Ike, PT, Diddy, or even Sonic's revealing? No, there were none. Why give clues toward the inclusion of an AC character? If anything, all this AC stuff means there won't be a character at all.
3)Smashville is the most detailed stage so far, why? Because it is the AC rep. A stage suits AC more than a character. Also, nearly every AC character appears in the background.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
The hell it can't. A social "nothing" (AKA prison guy lol) can put you in a grave. =p

and dude, flamebait has many variations, don't be stupid man. =/ You are verbally assaulting me for no reason to get flames right back at you. Give it up.

I am only acting "superior" because I have the liberty of doing so. >=D

That bit about me wrapping my mind around whats going on and showcasing my mental capacity...

Guess what genius? You are doing the exact same thing. Shades of grey. [/b]
*Insert poo joke.*

This is going around in circles.

And just to clarify, I wasn't flaming you to get flames at me. I was flaming you because you don't seem to understand your behavior. I could've come in and argued with you about the Nook thing, but it would've been useless, instead I decided to flame you (because you're own over-the-top nature suggests that flaming is the best chance) based on how ridiculous you were acting.

So ya, I can explain pretty clearly why I flamed you. Flaming may not be a nice thing, but whatever. I'm not a nice guy. But I didn't do it cause I wanted flames, if you think I do then you must be an idiot.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh my god... you know why there are 3 pics of Nook in the background with diferent clothing? because of people like you, i bet Sakurai thinks something like "WTF, i've deconfirmed nook 3 times 3 TIMES! already!!" . Holy ****, must Sakurai tell you "NOOK IS DECONFIRMED! GET OVER IT!" so that you can understand!? WTF is wrong with you? have you no common sense?

Why would Sakurai put him in the background, just to make him a PC, just to play with us? No Really, answer this question with a inteligent reason. Seriously, it's worst than the "Deoxis attack form was deconfirmed, not his speed/defense form" argument.

Acting superior? give me a break, you're acting like a guy with brain damage, "he is in the background, so he will just dissapear when you play as him" also his model is ****, if he was a PC his model would have quality instead of being the common AC model. GET OVER IT! he's deconfirmed.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I would love to have Nook in Brawl, considering he and Ressetti were the only worthy candidates for an AC rep, however, I don't see why this couldn't be in the Tom Nook thread, you're just exposing your anger towards people disagreeing with you, which fits the description of a TROLL, nothing more.

dtp882

Smash Rookie
It is all thanks to one of my good friends. He too, makes shallow arguments regarding Tom Nook's inclusion, saying that he won't be in because he just dosen't fit the game. He dosen't fit. He dosen't fit. He is a raccoon. He won't fit. He wears an apron and sells things. He won't fit. I am not going to bore you with an obvious pwnage session today, but I will say this;

All the Nook-haters share the exact-same thing; lack of imagination... and an inferiority complex. This simply means that they just can't register a "kiddy" character to be in a game with other characters. Notice how ridiculous that is? It's true, don't deny it.

Nook-haters...

You REALLY, TRULY, SERIOUSLY, don't want Nook in do you?

Why?

No seriously, I am listening, why?

Give me a good reason why you don't want a popular 1st party character to smash alongside his Nintendo brethren. Why...

Tell me why you hold on so dearly to a technicality that holds no ground.

Tell me why....

Tell me why you are so stubborn to DEFEND a technicality against a 1st party character!

Help me understand why the vast majority of Nook-haters are silly children with an inferiority complex....

Why can't a franchise explore different genres? Mario did it, he is all over the dang place...

Show me one reason why you can't imagine a raccoon alongside other popular nintendo candidates.

Why do you not have any imagination in this aspect?

PROVE ME WRONG

You can't can you?

Exactly.
Ok I'll prove you wrong, you don't give a single reason as to why he should be in, why don't you prove us wrong? Second I'm sure that the Animal Crossing Character, will be the animal crosser, why, think about it, who was the representitive from Metroid? Kirby? The main character you play as.

btw, You seem like a little kid with an inferioty complex.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, with all the clues that have been given to us so far from out knowledge he is deconfirmed... being in the background and all...

Note: I read that this guy Bluewave on this forum who said was Sonic being released in Brawl days before it happened he even said the day and everything correct because he knew someone in Nintendo and he also stated that one of the starting characters is Tom Nook. (It might be bull but he proved everything else he said about the release date and Sonic) I'll try and find the posts, it's in that huge *** Sonic thread somewhere)

Shuma

Smash Hero
You might whant re-think that, Nya was the one that sayd the Sonic thing, then Bluewave came and started saying all that madness about Nook, first he sayd that Olimar and Jiggs where in Brawl, 2 predictions anyone with a brain could do, he also sayd the nook thing.

I don't trust him.

Top Bottom