• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got you Nook-haters pegged!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Excuse? Go look at the Resetti update...

and how about playing the game?

He is constantly underground, only popping out to ***** at you.

End of story.

Resetti IS there, because the level is SMASHVILLE. You just have to summon him.
This is ****ing ridiculous. On Resetti's mini-picture, you can clearly see him on YOSHI'S ISLAND.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
@Darkurai: Thinks for bringing that point up. I was waiting for it.

Smash Bros. is a game. JUST like other video games.

Guess what? Just because a game has a different setup, does not change the fact that it is a game.

Games are games. Broken point.[/b]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
PROVE ME WRONG
There's nothing to prove wrong, because you didn't make a point. All you did was ask "Why?" throughout your whole first post.

I'm not a Nook Hater. I would actually like to see him in. But when you start off a thread with "I got you Nook-haters pegged!", you need to, you know. . . actually "peg" them. Instead, all you did was explain why they haven't proven anything (which, admittedly, I do support. I think the background argument is crap).

Overall, no one knows anything. The fact of the matter is, there's no reason to think Nook is a shoe-in for playable status, but it would be TOTALLY like Sakurai to go "Oh. Yeah. Nook is in. Mindgames, son".

T-major

Smash Champion
There is absolutely no good reason to put Nook in the background if he's playable.
actualy there is. they wanted to... that good enough.

seriously, taking him out of the background when you play as him is a VERY SIMPLE PROCESS! the characters in the stage are random, and change every match. it a simple matter of removing Nook from the list of random characters that appear when you play as him... I don't understand why people can't seem to understnd this...

Darkurai

Smash Master
@Darkurai: Thinks for bringing that point up. I was waiting for it.

Smash Bros. is a game. JUST like other video games.

Guess what? Just because a game has a different setup, does not change the fact that it is a game.

Games are games. Broken point.[/b]
Now reply to my Resetti argument.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Nobody's addressing my point. Am I wrong in saying that a moveset based on his build and what he does in the game would just seem simply inane?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
This is ****ing ridiculous. On Resetti's mini-picture, you can clearly see him on YOSHI'S ISLAND.
well no ****. Just like Tom Nook will be there summoning Resetti. The point I was making is that in the level, Smashville, he has no physical appearance there by standing still.

He is however, known for being underground 24/7, making him already there with the cast as he is understood to be there.

You lose. Again.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
we oviously know LavisFiend wont give up, so for those who think, oh wait, KNOW Tom Nook is deconfirmed, lets just ignore this guy, let the thread die...he wont be able to attack us with ridicolous arguments if we dont reply to him.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
People! We're dealing with an unturnable here! We're not gonna get anything through his head since the Fanboy Skull is arguably the hardest substance on planet Earth.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Nobody's addressing my point. Am I wrong in saying that a moveset based on his build and what he does in the game would just seem simply inane?
We are not the ones with the pen and pad, jotting down movesets now are we? What we think does not necessarily translate to what Sakurai thinks in terms of movesets.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Honestly, it doesn't make sense! How can a Shop Owner/Real Estate Agent have any fighting skills, on top of that, he's obese as well!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How could anyone hate Nook? It's unfathomable...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Lavis, I'm going to make a deal with you.

Since you obviously are not showing any signs of possibly letting up, and none of us are showing any signs of letting up, how about this:
You let us be entitled to our opinion, we let you be entitled to your opinion, we stop arguing, and we all live happily ever after?

And I like the taste of Robitussin.
Assuming I'm thinking of the right thing.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
>_> God this topic is retarted.....

Mr. Ressetti is an assist trophy, he appears on all stages if u summon him just like all other assist trophies. However, Mr. Resetti does not appear in the back round of Smashville, so the 2 places at once, will never happen. Then, we have Tom Nook, who does appear on the stage and has not been confirmed as a character or an assist trophy. You give me some examples of who else appeared in the backround and was fighting at the same time. You keep saying that tom nook being on the stage is irrevelant. But all the facts are against you. Ressetti is an assist and he dosn't appear and Tom Nook is nothing but he does appear. Laugh at me all you want if he is confirmed, but mark my words, hes not because there are many other characters that deserves a spot more than him. Face it, there are no facts that support tom nook making it in. Go ahead, flame me, but you hardely have any facts that will support you in this arguement.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
OH? You TOO? XD

They are getting so flustered! It's like, they are puppets...walking into every predictable "nook and cranny." XD

My points are like Robitussin. It is quite a ***** to swallow, but in the long run, it only helps.
Actually..... I was laughing at your logic.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Honestly, it doesn't make sense! How can a Shop Owner/Real Estate Agent have any fighting skills, on top of that, he's obese as well!
Sakurai could easily create a moveset for Tom Nook.

To topic creator: But he didn't, and he's a background guest. End of story.

Perhaps Tom Nook isn't 100% deconfirmed, but arguing against his deconfirmation will more than likely make you look like a big fool in the end.

You act like you're the smart one here throwing out examples of other games that having nothing to do with Super Smash Bros. Yes, they're all games... but that doesn't mean that things can't differ between them. Did you ever think of that?

I don't want to be rude here, which is why I admitted that Tom Nook isn't 100% deconfirmed contrary to popular belief.... However, you're arguing like it's a fact that he's going to be playable. You're sounding really arrogant, all of your arguments seem shaky and not really based on anything... If anyone's going to fall it's going to be you.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
It IS a technicality. WHY do you think people use the background argument against him in the first place? We know it has been done before in past games, so why? [/b]
For the sake of argument, what other games have done this?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Of course you have the right to debate about. Your just not giving enough facts to support you debate.
>_>

You might have not catched my post that was cut off on the last page, go back and read it.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
>_> God this topic is retarted.....

Mr. Ressetti is an assist trophy, he appears on all stages if u summon him just like all other assist trophies. However, Mr. Resetti does not appear in the back round of Smashville, so the 2 places at once, will never happen. Then, we have Tom Nook, who does appear on the stage and has not been confirmed as a character or an assist trophy. You give me some examples of who else appeared in the backround and was fighting at the same time. You keep saying that tom nook being on the stage is irrevelant. But all the facts are against you. Ressetti is an assist and he dosn't appear and Tom Nook is nothing but he does appear. Laugh at me all you want if he is confirmed, but mark my words, hes not because there are many other characters that deserves a spot more than him. Face it, there are no facts that support tom nook making it in. Go ahead, flame me, but you hardely have any facts that will support you in this arguement.
To save my self some major copy and paste, I will just let you drown in your ignorance. Let me save you real quick though to say this.

Give Sakurai time to update Nook. He has 4 months now, and when you see that lovely red banner with the tanuuki, then I will laugh at you of course, but you can truly see what I am talking about.

Cyrax/Cyrax. He has appeared in both background and playable. Not the same game, but the same predicament, which has been proven wrong.

I have all the facts in the world, I am on the wii right now though, I can't post the major topic to do so, yet, but if you really want your "facts," wait till I get on my comp later tonight. Till now, know that the facts are going to drive your arguments into the dust where they belong. I am just going to give you the benefit of the doubt though, and show you later.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Lavis-Fiend, if you're going to quote me don't take it out of context, I'm following your points, so it's bound to get repetitive, and don't botch up quotes like that, it makes both of us look bad...

To sum up, we are not the ignorant party here, I'm afraid you are. You are intentionally failing to accept evidence. The end. Nook isn't playable in all likelyhood, not because we have a vendetta against him, but because Sakurai felt that he would be best represented as an element of a stage, not a playable character. And if an AC character could be in the background AND still appear in some other capacity, then Resetti would be in the background too. I realize, that you'll probably fail to recognize the logic in that, but by any means I tried to simplify it for you as much as possible.

I like nook, I think a "Raccoon-Goon" final smash would have been hilarious, and he had some potential, but it's too late, he won't be in. I'm fine that you can't accept that yourself, but I just hope that your twisted lack of logic will infect someone who doesn't now the very small amount of information that proves your radical ideas utterly false.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Lavis, just out of curiosity, did you ever go by the internet name "Dai Grepher"?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
For the sake of argument, what other games have done this?
@Darkurai: in juuust a sec. =P

One Piece Grand Battle

Mortal Kombat....Armageddon? Deception? bluh bluh bluh? I don't remeber the subtitle, it was one of the earlier playstation games. Someone has the pic around here, i'll fetch it for you later.

In regards to the one piece game though, character who were in the background were "Removed" once unlocked.[/b]

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Well excuse me for not conforming to ignorance.

Doors on your left, hater. >=D

Ahh, the "I'm not ignorant, you are" reply. What a classic fanboy reaction. You also added another classic, status assumption. Believe me, I would've loved to see Nook playable. I even fended off against the first 2 Nook pics.

But I turned on this one because of my belief when it comes to indirect disconfirmations, which is the "Three Strikes" rule.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Lavis-Fiend, if you're going to quote me don't take it out of context, I'm following your points, so it's bound to get repetitive, and don't botch up quotes like that, it makes both of us look bad...

To sum up, we are not the ignorant party here, I'm afraid you are. You are intentionally failing to accept evidence. The end. Nook isn't playable in all likelyhood, not because we have a vendetta against him, but because Sakurai felt that he would be best represented as an element of a stage, not a playable character. And if an AC character could be in the background AND still appear in some other capacity, then Resetti would be in the background too. I realize, that you'll probably fail to recognize the logic in that, but by any means I tried to simplify it for you as much as possible.

I like nook, I think a "Raccoon-Goon" final smash would have been hilarious, and he had some potential, but it's too late, he won't be in. I'm fine that you can't accept that yourself, but I just hope that your twisted lack of logic will infect someone who doesn't now the very small amount of information that proves your radical ideas utterly false.
Sowwie. =[

Oh dude no, you are putting words in Sakurai's mouth...

You don't know what Sakurai thinks, unless you are.....Sakurai?!?!

Hey, since you are Sakurai, can you go ahead and update the smashbros.com site to show that nook is an AT? Please? Perhaps a notice?

I am playing with you. =P

My point is that it is not over till its over....

He has not been deconfirmed by the gameplay vids NOR an update.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ahh, the "I'm not ignorant, you are" reply. What a classic fanboy reaction. You also added another classic, status assumption. Believe me, I would've loved to see Nook playable. I even fended off against the first 2 Nook pics.

But I turned on this one because of my belief when it comes to indirect disconfirmations, which is the "Three Strikes" rule.
Three strike rule does not exist with a form of "Evidence" that is not real evidence.

Also...

YO MOMMA! >=D

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Actually..... I was laughing at your logic.
Laughter is laughter, despite if it is from a shared belief.

>.>

<.<

*munches beef jerky.

Ok guys, well it has been fun, but I have a Phantom Hourglass just feeling all lonely and emo, and I want to give it some attention.

Thanks for supplying me some amusement.

Kthxbai! XD

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
We'll just have to wait 4 1/2 months to find out, won't we?
True dat.
I can neither confirm, nor deny the fact that Tom Nook is, or isn't a playable character.
But KK Slider has a higher possibility. Play a match saturday at 8pm! KK Slider Comes Out!

GAME!!!

**Whoop Whoop** Challenger Approaching!!
KK Slider shows up.

There's gonna be an AC character, whether it is Nook or KK Slider, it'll be awesome.

Top Bottom