• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found something useless(?) and fun about spin attack.

Hameln

Smash Rookie
Throw a boomerang behind your opponent. Spin attack your opponent into the boomerang's wind and BAM! They go sky high. I've pulled it off a few times online and star KOing someone with a spin attack is priceless.

0% it makes them lag in the air in their 'falling' animation. Unsure if they can attack.

50% makes them go a bit further up than normal.

At 100% it boosts knockback and sends them at 95% angle

At 130%+, it's guaranteed to kill via star KO on (Zelda) with a half-charge.

Don't hit the boomerang or they'll stop, hit the top part of it where the wind is. :3

In general, I throw the boomerang behind the enemy (d-tilt boomerang) and then just spin attack, no charge. It allows me some breathing room that a normal SA wouldn't. ;o

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Throw a boomerang behind your opponent. Spin attack your opponent into the boomerang's wind and BAM! They go sky high. I've pulled it off a few times online and star KOing someone with a spin attack is priceless.

0% it makes them lag in the air in their 'falling' animation. Unsure if they can attack.

50% makes them go a bit further up than normal.

At 100% it boosts knockback and sends them at 95% angle

At 130%+, it's guaranteed to kill via star KO on (Zelda) with a half-charge.

Don't hit the boomerang or they'll stop, hit the top part of it where the wind is. :3

In general, I throw the boomerang behind the enemy (d-tilt boomerang) and then just spin attack, no charge. It allows me some breathing room that a normal SA wouldn't. ;o
A video would be really nice for this.

It sounds pretty situational- pretty cool find, though.

Hameln

Smash Rookie
Sadly, I lack the gear to record it. But thankfully it's super easy to pull off.

If you will...

Jump towards them, B-Stick back and up or down so that it's about Link's waist level when you pull it off. land and spin-attack. I can pull it off quickly AND consistently on enemies 60+%.

Of course that's just how 'I' do it. As long as the enemy hits the wind part, be it above or below the boomerang, they'll jettison almost straight up.

I would be happy to show someone who 'can' record though, just PM me.

(Edit1) I might have come off as arrogant. I will now restate that though quick and consistent, it is still very much useless.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I actually haven't thought of this, and I've been putting alot of work into options you can do when the boomerang pulls the opponent in (thread/vid coming soon one day!~). So yeah good find!

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya a video would be great. even a cell phone recording, or whatever, quality hardly matters. and yes it does sound priceless but not so pointless. im thinking that maybe up b out of shield with that would work out.

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, this really makes me feel like spending some good quality time in Brawl's training mode to figure this stuff out : D

Good find, man.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I already knew this, but still you presented the information better then I could lol. Hopefully many people can pick up on this :)

Top Bottom