• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS I found a Corneria glitch, please ban this stage

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
wow what a glitch, and it seems to be general to the level not one specific spot lol

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
It appears to have something to do with using pocket at the same time an attack gets absorbed, or something to that effect. Pretty hilarious, but requires deliberate collusion to set it up, so it wouldn't really affect stage legality if we somehow decided Corneria was legal.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I believe this is due to ness' pk magnet having a new effect where the projectiles he absorbs circle him before they get absorbed. I suppose they didn't expect how this would interact with stages. It doesn't look like it's strictly only possible with absorbs+pocket.

I guess that effect means we can absorb projectiles at close range and have some level of protection while absorbing since projectiles absorbed can hit the enemy before the heal? Totally not what to take away from this video, but an interesting find regardless.

Last edited:

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220
Holy crap! Awesome find! Can you Pocket the beam with Villager?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Hahahaha! NESS! YEAH! Top tier biatch! XD JK.

(why the **** can't I say biatch with the correct spelling here?)

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hahahaha! NESS! YEAH! Top tier biatch! XD JK.

(why the **** can't I say biatch with the correct spelling here?)
In the interest of being a relatively inclusive and safe place for smash fans of all ages and persuasions, profanity is blocked.

I'm kinda bummed about this glitch. I always did like this stage. If it can only happen with Ness/Rosalina vs Villager, though, that's not too bad. It could easily be banned for those specific matchups. Corneria isn't played on seriously much, anyway, due to the wall infinites it used to have and the lasers. Still, it's a fairly tame stage and I find it to be good for competition in the matches I play.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
In the interest of being a relatively inclusive and safe place for smash fans of all ages and persuasions, profanity is blocked.
Because America. -.- So ****ing silly... Pathetic.

They're probably gonna patch it.

Frazal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frazal
3DS FC
3711-7728-6721
Since it only seems to work with certain characters, I don't know about banned. But I'm going to enjoy using this on my friends.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
With how deliberate this glitch looks, I don't see any reason to ban the stage.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
That one laugh / yell is hilarious!!! :rotfl:
Also… how do people find these things? That's some glitch. Hope it'll get patched.

Randomain

Smash Rookie
This was so interesting! I spent some time messing with some variations:

You can also do this with Rosalina & Luma's down b. It isn't as easy to do (doesn't always work with the ship's front cannons).
Game and watch can absorb the shots, but it doesn't cause the explosions.

I think you can also destroy the laser cannon on the ship. After doing this, you won't be able to stand on the laser, and it doesn't charge up anymore.

Uffe

Smash Hero
"OK, no!" xD I lol'd. Guess where I'd like to go in For Glory? xD PK Get Owned!

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
So I just tested this on the lasers below the ship, and that is a really good way of murdering your opponent(s). Of course you run the risk of getting blasted yourself or just falling to your death. Could be worth it, though. I think this happens because when absorbable projectile comes into contact with the PSI Magnet, the projectile itself spins around Ness. And in this video, you can clearly see the yellow lasers spinning while maintaining their horizontal shape.

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Just tried it for myself in training mode. Wow this is hilarious.

EDIT: In fact, it's even possible to use the bottom cannon glitch without SDing

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome, but I saw the title and thought, 'oh, someone else found the Corneria glitch where a player can get smashed right through the middle of the stage, and actually got video', but no, just a completely different corneria glitch.

I'm starting to feel like my eyes were deceiving me. Can anyone corroborate this? Has no one else seen a player go right through the ship and fall out of the bottom of the stage??

AceStarThe3rd

SmashTuber
NNID
AceStarThe3rd2
That's awesome, but I saw the title and thought, 'oh, someone else found the Corneria glitch where a player can get smashed right through the middle of the stage, and actually got video', but no, just a completely different corneria glitch.

I'm starting to feel like my eyes were deceiving me. Can anyone corroborate this? Has no one else seen a player go right through the ship and fall out of the bottom of the stage??
I have yet to see a glitch like that, and trust me, I've been looking for all sorts of them =[

Uffe

Smash Hero
Just tried it for myself in training mode. Wow this is hilarious.

EDIT: In fact, it's even possible to use the bottom cannon glitch without SDing
True. What I've noticed, however, is when you PK Thunder back, it's kind of hard to determine whether you're going to make it. I tried this about 30 minutes ago or so and noticed PK Thunder missing, though it was there. Or was it Ness missing? I can't remember. By the way, I can't tell if it's just me or not, but I tried the bottom lasers after a second try and noticed that the glitch wasn't working. I can't say for sure of whether it was because it was one laser blast, or if the glitch just stopped entirely.

Last edited:

GreySilence

Smash Rookie

I've had this happen to my brother, he got smashed right through the middle of the map and he was using villager, popped out the bottom and fell to his death

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924

Yeah you can clear whole stocks easy this way. Opponent can probably counter it in some way but it still gives Ness and Rosalina tremendous advantages.

Raijinken

Smash Master
They could easily just ban the tactic.

Plus it will likely be patched anyways.
"We don't cater rules to balance the game" - Admin on this site.

But yeah, we can hope for patches. Not that this one really needs it (I've had worse luck just falling through the pirate ship on Paper Mario), but the fewer bugs left, the better it looks for Nintendo that they're trying to fix things.

Top Bottom